• Thread starter rockymtnbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

canaguy27

what are you looking for? not even alcohol is fully "legal"

true grit

true grit

Well the closer to correct concept of legality is what Cali will be pushing...which is a far cry from the crap that will be pushed out here. Remember how I was bitching in the last thread and pointing out the crap? Yeah well looks like Cali folks were on the same page and pushing in the right direction. Don't support the initiative how its laid out here, and I wish the folks pushing it here would have taken the time to do it right.

M

mrsgreenthumb

would you mind giving me some more details on it so that I have a better understanding of where you are coming from

C

canaguy27

The way I read it you could grow your own AND be ok with whatever weight that was harvested from it.

Edit. Iirc you can't distill and make liquor.

Tripsick

Tripsick

as long as i can grow enough for me thats all i care about.

S

SoCoMMJ

The worst part is it will still be illegal for you to grow your own.

I call bullshit on your bullshit call. Why u want to spread misinformation?

I highlighted in RED so you might find the right part in the initiative that allows you to grow. Probably not entirely what I would have wanted in legalization, but it's a fair start. If you go too far to the left it won't pass in this conservative state. Give some and take some ya know...

"
(3) Personal use of marijuana. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF LAW, THE FOLLOWING ACTS ARE NOT UNLAWFUL AND SHALL NOT BE AN OFFENSE UNDER COLORADO LAW OR THE LAW OF ANY LOCALITY WITHIN COLORADO OR BE A BASIS FOR SEIZURE OR FORFEITURE OF ASSETS UNDER COLORADO LAW FOR PERSONS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER:
(a) POSSESSING, USING, DISPLAYING, PURCHASING, OR TRANSPORTING MARIJUANA ACCESSORIES OR ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA.
(b) POSSESSING, GROWING, PROCESSING, OR TRANSPORTING NO MORE THAN SIX MARIJUANA PLANTS, WITH THREE OR FEWER BEING MATURE, FLOWERING PLANTS, AND POSSESSION OF THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE GROWN, PROVIDED THAT THE GROWING TAKES PLACE IN AN ENCLOSED, LOCKED SPACE, IS NOT CONDUCTED OPENLY OR PUBLICLY, AND IS NOT MADE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.
(c) TRANSFER OF ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA WITHOUT REMUNERATION TO A PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
(d) CONSUMPTION OF MARIJUANA, PROVIDED THAT NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PERMIT CONSUMPTION THAT IS CONDUCTED OPENLY AND PUBLICLY OR IN A MANNER THAT ENDANGERS OTHERS.
(e) ASSISTING ANOTHER PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER IN ANY OF THE ACTS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPHS (a) THROUGH (d) OF THIS SUBSECTION.
"
I am suspecting like most things cannabis related in CO, all the warring factions will battle each other and nobody will get shit passed in 2012.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

I have heard there are up to 4(?)legalization bills that are collecting signatures right now. I heard one of them is funded by Monsanto and Progressive car insurance people. Can anyone confirm this? Or is this just some misinformation I got?

K

kolah

Yup. legalization would be bad news. Big Brother Gov will monoplize the market and cash in. It's coming...because they always get what they want, don't they?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Well after reading the entire thing, it doesn't have a chance in 50 hells to pass so i wouldn't even worry about it to much right now.

Plus it totally destroys the current despensary model that the state is knee deep invested in...when it says any legitimate business can produce and distrubute for retail...not goin to happen

Tex

OneStonedPony

OneStonedPony

If they legalize anywhere, the feds will cut off funding for roads and porkbelly projects in that state, to counter that move. States are so strung out on those federal $$$, they'll never let themselves get cut off. Cause those politicans need their fix $$$$. Until Congress takes marijuana off Schedule 1 status, it's all a waste of time, a lot of hot air, wasted ink and wasted time.

C

canaguy27

Plus it totally destroys the current despensary model that the state is knee deep invested in...when it says any legitimate business can produce and distrubute for retail...not goin to happen
Tex

My understanding is that it could allow the MMCs to turn into retail centers or remain only medical. The retail centers would have to jump through any hoops that the legislature would create for them, similar to what the MMCs are going through. They couldn't just open up without some framework being created.

I have only seen the Regulate MJ like alcohol and Michele Lemay's initiative which basically says a person could not be punished for cannabis related offenses.

OneStonedPony

OneStonedPony

Just like MMJ...??? I don't know, do you give up on a three-yard run up-the-middle on second and 10?
:ninja

"Wax on, wax off"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHXZRD5fCa8

DoobyScoo, I am by no means a quiter, but I know until Congress takes the teeth out of the DEA, by rescheduling marijuana, the bullshit level will remain high. Regardless of what states do. Plant restrictions, crazy regs for dispensaries, etc..
You know, the stuff we see everyday. I email and write my congressmen frequently, and encourage others to do the same. Sign every potetion, and join marches and rallies, as often as I can. So don't go assuming, I bitch, then do nothing to change things, cause if that's what you're reading, you need a new pair of glasses.

D

DoobyScoo

I email and write my congressmen frequently, and encourage others to do the same. Sign every potetion, and join marches and rallies, as often as I can. So don't go assuming, I bitch, then do nothing to change things, cause if that's what you're reading, you need a new pair of glasses.
If we're fighting China, and we gotta route a foxhole, you're the last one I want on my team.

And if YOU made a difference,
it would be ILLEGAL!
:ninja

Joking aside, we'll still see if you're a 'stoned pony' in two, three years showing off your wares or knowledge.

P.S. Anybody remember 'Mile High Norml'. A kite a mile high. :)

S

SensiCO

Well after reading the entire thing, it doesn't have a chance in 50 hells to pass so i wouldn't even worry about it to much right now.

Tex

Tex- How are you deducing that the current dispensary model will be destroyed by the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana like Alcohol?

We believe this initiative will actually reduce regulation in the MMJ industry in the long run, since the "over 21" model will be constructed with fewer and less restrictive regulations, and once it is seen how this system is fine with fewer regulations it wouldn't make sense to keep the restrictive regulations on the MMJ industry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom