Leggy seedlings...can anyone advise please 😁

• Thread starter Flowerpower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Flowerpower420

Based on what I see in the link you provided, there seems to only be a dimmer. If that is the case, the entire spectrum will be unchanged as you twist that, but the intensity will change.

Since you don't have any other control, you are going to have to roll with what the light gives you.
Brilliant well if thats the case, then theoretically i should be able to keep the same spectrum whilst gradually intensifying the light or lowering closer as the plants become more mature and can cope with more intense light. I just dont know if im in the sweet spot right now or if im way off and causing stretch as with this being my first time from seed im totally winging it and only going off general guidelines. And with having very little knowledge of LEDs and spectrums i dont know if if doing more damage than good. Thanks again

Madmax

Madmax

Wow....thanks that's never been explained so well short concise exactly what I needed to understand about it all......I see a pretty pic, I've heard Dr.B.B & others but you nailed it so It makes more sense to me....Fk I have red lights..Blue lights.full spec and why????? because they said to it would help.....whyy?????.......layman's terms & short sentences are all I can under stand....tks...lol
My uncles pretty good 😃

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Brilliant well if thats the case, then theoretically i should be able to keep the same spectrum whilst gradually intensifying the light or lowering closer as the plants become more mature and can cope with more intense light. I just dont know if im in the sweet spot right now or if im way off and causing stretch as with this being my first time from seed im totally winging it and only going off general guidelines. And with having very little knowledge of LEDs and spectrums i dont know if if doing more damage than good. Thanks again
I think you are doing fine actually. I would pile up more substrate around the stalks and let 'er rip. The higher substrate will support the stalks better, and roots will begin to develop higher on the stalk into the new substrate. Win win.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Those are really strange spectral graphs. Which light is being used? The 200w or 300w light? I would expect stretch issues with the 200w and little to none with the 300w light looking at the spectral graphs. That makes no sense at all. The 200w light would be a better flower light and the 300w a better veg light. I would be on the phone to the manufacture like stink on shit.

F

Flowerpower420

Those are really strange spectral graphs. Which light is being used? The 200w or 300w light? I would expect stretch issues with the 200w and little to none with the 300w light looking at the spectral graphs. That makes no sense at all. The 200w light would be a better flower light and the 300w a better veg light. I would be on the phone to the manufacture like stink on shit.
Yeah mate the one i have is the 300w with the 5 dimmable settings from 20-40-60-80 and 100%.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I think you are doing fine actually. I would pile up more substrate around the stalks and let 'er rip. The higher substrate will support the stalks better, and roots will begin to develop higher on the stalk into the new substrate. Win win.
You laugh at my post...I'm dead serious, I've never read a full white page in my life...can't do it...Its too much work to stay on track. I see a page of text with no pics, I'm out ......lol cliffs notes only please......Even through trade school if it wasn't in short paragraph's with pics and diagrams or our code book with broken down points and descriptions I could deal with I wouldn't have made it....I see some of the links you guys put out...lol I click view..scroll to the bottom and hope there's a conclusion I can read

F

Flowerpower420

You laugh at my post...I'm dead serious, I've never read a full white page in my life...can't do it...Its too much work to stay on track. I see a page of text with no pics, I'm out ......lol cliffs notes only please......Even through trade school if it wasn't in short paragraph's with pics and diagrams or our code book with broken down points and descriptions I could deal with I wouldn't have made it....I see some of the links you guys put out...lol I click view..scroll to the bottom and hope there's a conclusion I can read
Same here mate i prefur biff chip and kipper books over harry potter any day of the week! 🤣

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

OK bud, I'm happy to do the layman's explanation on stuff. I'll do a better job of that going forward, maybe add a TLDR at the bottom of the really techy posts.

Blastfact

Blastfact

OK bud, I'm happy to do the layman's explanation on stuff. I'll do a better job of that going forward, maybe add a TLDR at the bottom of the really techy posts.
Don't dumb anything down Moe. Thats a really big issue now days with people that won't more times than not set down and learn. It's not that they can't. I'm LD and Dyslexic and make myself dive deep,,, connect the dots and learn. White papers are fantastic reading! :)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Don't dumb anything down Moe. Thats a really big issue now days with people that won't more times than not set down and learn. It's not that they can't. I'm LD and Dyslexic and make myself dive deep,,, connect the dots and learn. White papers are fantastic reading! :)
I have no problem doing both. I've learned plenty from @PipeCarver and other folks like him that would not be interested in deep dives into tech details. I see no harm in giving back.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I didn't say dumb down. I want to cut to the chase. I don't give an RA how you make a TV I just want to watch it....A lot of information is give in video instruction on how to open a bottle or give info about their ride to the store to get the dam bottle & how much it weighs or the shape of the bottle 10 min of useless stuff 1 min of information..I just want to know how to use whats in the bottle. or equipment.......Same Same for.how scientist get to conclusions it's mind boggling tedious and repetitive......... Just the facts Jack just the facts .......... then explain it to someone that has no clue about tech details what the shit does in terms they can understand.

Blastfact

Blastfact

I have no problem doing both. I've learned plenty from @PipeCarver and other folks like him that would not be interested in deep dives into tech details. I see no harm in giving back.
Cool Cool,,,, I need to get on pump resizing issue for one of my old customers. Retirement pays better than when I worked full time. He wouldn't listen for years now with my time, increased cost and massive lead times it will be very costly to them as I now make bank and have tax troubles. The dumbing down of America is great sometimes..... LMFAO!!!! Have a great day!

Madmax

Madmax

I think its great people like moe and aqua go out of there way to help people learn easier.they make it so so people can understand.so i dont see anything wrong with that..says lots about there character..

F

Flowerpower420

I think its great people like moe and aqua go out of there way to help people learn easier.they make it so so people can understand.so i dont see anything wrong with that..says lots about there character..
Absolutely mate, if it weren't for these guys that have the knowledge and are nice enough to share it and pass it on then no-one would know anything. You are all worth your weight in gold! 👍

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Absolutely mate, if it weren't for these guys that have the knowledge and are nice enough to share it and pass it on then no-one would know anything. You are all worth your weight in gold! 👍
Careful now. Being a fatso is not just good to prevent being kidnapped, it also helps when I want to get paid my weight in gold. So I'm worth like 3X what @Aqua Man is then. I guess that makes sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom