Leggy seedlings...can anyone advise please 😁

• Thread starter Flowerpower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Hi all, im currently running 6x super kush fems and im having a few issues,

I germinated using the wet paper towel method which worked brilliantly and had 6 tap roots emerge after about 36hrs,

So i carefully placed them into a mix of moist 70/30 coco perlite (quarter strength feed) at about a 1/4 inch deep taproot facing down, in 10cm pots.

2 days later they shot up and the first leaves appeared and now they seem to have their first "true" leaves but i think they are stretching a little bit too much.

Im currently using a 300w maxibright LED turned down to 20% power (60w) and hanging them at 24" above the seedlings.

Temps have been ok-ish sitting between 24- 28°C with this morning i checked and was 32°c!! So i powered my extraction up a little more and opened my tent doors to bring down the temps and all is well now.

Humidity is sitting around 65-70%

Does anyone have any idea why my babies are stretching asmuch? All my parameters seem to be ok could be better if i want to be anal about it but i feel that most things are consistent.

Dont know if this is normal and im a little stumped as to wether lower light, increase intensity or drop temps and humidity a little or leave as is???

Any advice would be great guys

Peace out ✌️
View attachment 1267897
View attachment 1267898
View attachment 1267899
View attachment 1267900
View attachment 1267901
View attachment 1267902
View attachment 1267903
View attachment 1267904
As has been already said, i would use a spoon to carefully move soil from the edges up against the stalk for support. Carefully because seedlings are actually brittle and break easily. Another method uses a paperclip lasso or twist tie and chopstick for support.

Latest posts

Top Bottom