Lemon Alien Dawg Hermie Prone

• Thread starter rb420det
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kushluvr

kushluvr

im 100% organic.........never feed over 1000-1100 ppms ever......................

my lad hermied and fucked a whole room up.................now i got my own starfighter cross, wifi alienx lad, abusive og x lad..........

fuckin blows, but now i got some new beans, but im sure there gonna hermie magnets!

i love alien genetics, but my (LAD)lemon kush pheno is bullshit..........

crash helmet and anog next up to bat though, getting flipped on wed!

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Ok so, just for the record, Aliens strains definitely produce dank, no doubt about it, ive found several "keepers". However, ive grown FPOG, Alien Grapevine, Galactic Tahoe, Evil Knievel OG, Tahoe Alien Bubblegum, Napalm OG, Sour Pebbles, Sour Lemon Aliendawg, & Starfighter and have found full blown male sacks in every strain so far, i havent chopped SF yet so ill let ya know. I have not seen sacks on every plant, but some in every strain. The pics Classic Remix posted a couple pages back are mine & those are actually Sour Pebbles & Napalm OG, ill put a tahoe Alien Bubblegum pic in this post. Id say that the genetics are hermie prone or at least very sensitive to stress as ive flowered numerous other strains (over 20 in this round alone) that didnt throw sacks. Some that are known to do so threw a few nanners, Chemdog D and Chemdog D crosses, and lvpk, AJ sour D this round. Many others did not though. Numerous other growers have had hermie issues and a couple with autoflowering males and an auto female or two. Just off the top of my head i can think of 8 other, well known & skilled growers from this site alone that have had these issues. In my personal experience its usually 1-2, lower, middle branches that throw sacks. I wont say my rounds with these strains have been stress free. I have grown them both in soil & coco, organic with my own regiment & Aliens, and synth, c02/ no c02, and in 2 different grow spaces and have yet to have a completely herm & seed free run with these strains. Anyway, thats my experience fwiw. Heres a few from this round.
Napalm OG
IMAG0323
IMAG0330

Tahoe Alien Bubblegum

IMAG0289
IMAG0291

Sour Pebbles
IMAG0240
IMAG0241

The possibility of hermies happening is part of the deal with what we do. Just keep your eyes open is what id suggest.

Thanks all. Peace and be well. Motiv

IMAG0329
Jdubman420

Jdubman420

Dude! This is horrible! time to make some oil ehh?

im 100% organic.........never feed over 1000-1100 ppms ever......................

my lad hermied and fucked a whole room up.................now i got my own starfighter cross, wifi alienx lad, abusive og x lad..........

fuckin blows, but now i got some new beans, but im sure there gonna hermie magnets!

i love alien genetics, but my (LAD)lemon kush pheno is bullshit..........

crash helmet and anog next up to bat though, getting flipped on wed!

waayne

waayne

Seems some 0f us are having a different experience growing these genetics.......

kushluvr I looked at about 18-20 phenos of LAD and had zero issues,oh that's not exactly accurate,one LAD pheno did throw a couple of sterile nanners at day 75 ,right before harvest...............I had zero issues with the other phenos.......oh yeah, I grow organically as well........

The feedback I've received on this particular strain has been very positive
My clients seem to really like the quality and medicinal effects of the LAD a great deal......

There's no need to take my word for it though
Blazer did a smoke report on my keeper pheno of this strain.

This is a nug of LAD out of my headstash jar,that I'm hitting this AM
Maybe some of yall with better vision can point out all the nanners I don't seem to be able to see

:)Looks like it's time for me to get some new bifocals.......
Anyway seems everyone is very attatched to their opinions here,so I might as well share mine with everyone:happy:
IMG 7681

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I grew LAD & the 1st run they were super tested.. I was juss testing them but on accident I super tested them.. 1st I keep them I'm 18oz beer cups 4 way 2 long so they get rootbound stress.. I sex my plants this way & super stress them b'cuz I believe any issues should show up here.. But b4 they got rootbound I nute stressed them well they were seedlings.. After transplant in veg they were nute stressed again.. Then in flower it was all bad my temps hit 87 everyday a few times I seen 90.. I nute locked um in early bloom & thought I re vegged them from high heat & 2 much "N" but now I think I fucked up & when I unplugged the light cord 2 clean up I plugged it back in on the 24hr side of the timer power strip.. I think this went mid bloom & the light prolly stayed on 24hrs for about a week when I cleaned again & unplugged the cord & plugged it back in but on the correct side of the power strip.. << this was never proven but its the only thing that could of re-vegged my plants.. But around 1/2 way in bloom I noticed a few Lil leafs come out the tops of the buds.. At the time I figured 2 much N so I backed off the ppms.. & checked 4 light leaks.. The plants started 2 turn yellow b'cuz u was now under feeding them when I backed off the ppm.. I raised the ppm & raised it again then burned the shit out of the plants & even got the claw on a few LAD phenos.. Towards the end I even gave them way 2 much bloom boosters < witch is even more stress.. & threw out that whole fucked up grow & super mega stress tested (on accident) there were absolutely 0 hermie or nanners on any LAD pheno.. They were 100% solid.. I ran ever LAD pheno again but this time with everything dialed in & all 5 girls r keepers that finished at 56-60 days.. Round 3 is vegging rite now & ill pick a keeper from that 3rd round.. This whole 1st run is online 4 everybody 2 see..

I'm now flowering 1 galactic Tahoe & 2 other alien strains.. I'm about 30 days in2 bloom & so far no issues on those.. I even got a thread up on them..

Maybe I'm lucky but so far I've had killer results with Alien Gear.. & I'm gunna pop more soon

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

I grew LAD & the 1st run they were super tested.. I was juss testing them but on accident I super tested them.. 1st I keep them I'm 18oz beer cups 4 way 2 long so they get rootbound stress.. I sex my plants this way & super stress them b'cuz I believe any issues should show up here.. But b4 they got rootbound I nute stressed them well they were seedlings.. After transplant in veg they were nute stressed again.. Then in flower it was all bad my temps hit 87 everyday a few times I seen 90.. I nute locked um in early bloom & thought I re vegged them from high heat & 2 much "N" but now I think I fucked up & when I unplugged the light cord 2 clean up I plugged it back in on the 24hr side of the timer power strip.. I think this went mid bloom & the light prolly stayed on 24hrs for about a week when I cleaned again & unplugged the cord & plugged it back in but on the correct side of the power strip.. << this was never proven but its the only thing that could of re-vegged my plants.. But around 1/2 way in bloom I noticed a few Lil leafs come out the tops of the buds.. At the time I figured 2 much N so I backed off the ppms.. & checked 4 light leaks.. The plants started 2 turn yellow b'cuz u was now under feeding them when I backed off the ppm.. I raised the ppm & raised it again then burned the shit out of the plants & even got the claw on a few LAD phenos.. Towards the end I even gave them way 2 much bloom boosters < witch is even more stress.. & threw out that whole fucked up grow & super mega stress tested (on accident) there were absolutely 0 hermie or nanners on any LAD pheno.. They were 100% solid.. I ran ever LAD pheno again but this time with everything dialed in & all 5 girls r keepers that finished at 56-60 days.. Round 3 is vegging rite now & ill pick a keeper from that 3rd round.. This whole 1st run is online 4 everybody 2 see..

I'm now flowering 1 galactic Tahoe & 2 other alien strains.. I'm about 30 days in2 bloom & so far no issues on those.. I even got a thread up on them..

Maybe I'm lucky but so far I've had killer results with Alien Gear.. & I'm gunna pop more soon

bro this sounds just like my cousins first run, except he did it in a 15k room! :-(

GI JO

GI JO

I'm a little concerned now, as well. I've got 2 LAD, in with my green crack. I've determined that LAD are girls, but the last thing I need are any issues. Also wanted to say, we've had lots of pretty honest sounding opinions here without any real bickering. Thumbs up to that!

squiggly

squiggly

I have no clue what your problem might have been I'm saying is irresponsible to make claims based upon a single grow and that anybody expecting the Alien keeper pheno or a grail pheno that it just doesn't happen in 11 seeds. Although with Aliens gear it's more then likely then with others and that's a fact!

I disagree that it's irresponsible to make the specific claim he made here. The OP was not super firm about his claim--and did leave the door open for discussion. He was simply sharing his experience and I think it's wrong to jump all over him for that. Literally right above this post I quoted he admits its possible there was grower error.

I don't think he's being a dick about it, and so we shouldn't treat him like one.

I agree there aren't always "holy grails" to be found--but I think his comments were otherwise made in perfectly good faith. No need to look down on him for that.

squiggly

squiggly

Man.... Squiggly has posted 20 times in this thread. Dude put a valve on it man. With necessary respect. You have single handedly been drowning threads with 800 word posts.

Seriously does anybody even finish his entire posts? No disrespect but you gotta do something to sum it up bro especially being a mod.

Your eyes are under your control. You aren't required to read the posts, sirs. I'll have you know that I've been contacted by PM to thank me for my posts in this thread more than I have ever been so contacted on this board considering a singular thread.

Its worth mentioning that I am thanked for contributions to this board constantly--so the outpouring of support over this thread has been no small amount.

My posts are long because I put a lot of thought into them. I am thorough in the face of adversity and disagreement because often its the only way to get a point across--especially when science is being discussed. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is--and it's the way its going to stay.

Apparently someone else appreciates what I've had to offer/say and those are the people I was saying it to you.

I appreciate you being respectful in suggesting this--but please remember that your opinion is your own, and that this site hosts literally thousands of members (and even more lurkers). We don't all want the same thing from the farm.

Thanks very much for not being jerks about it, though. I really do appreciate that.

kushluvr

kushluvr

i popped 5 beans of LAD..........2 females..........1 is a real bitch! as in hermied!

i am in no way disappointed with alien genetics, its part of the game! ya win some ya loss some! shit happens!

the 1 girl i got as a keeper, she is insane! ill post up some pics of her soon, she hit week 3 today!

ive got anog and crash helmet going as well........i want all of his genetics still!

and YES, i do have a 6K room of oil basically, but at least i know itll be fire! lol i dont care! i learned a big lesson here.......i blame myself for not catching it sooner, its my job to notice shit like this! i failed! simple! i can admit when i have done something wrong!

i support ALIEN GENETICS 100% STILL!

peace

kushluvr

kushluvr

i remember that! lol

but shes a finicky bitch too, even aliens photos are so so.......shes a bitch! lol

squiggly

squiggly

I just want to point out that there are enough hermie claims in here to lend credence to the OP. This is exactly why I didn't jump down his throat about his claims--and why everyone else should refrain from doing the same.

I think perhaps some posters can be a bit disingenuous sometimes when it comes to discussing these types of things, though, (from both directions) and that is what I wanted my comments to help avoid.

FWIW it seems to have been most successful. People are discussing this intelligently so far as I'm concerned.

As I said it's not about saying one person's experience is right or wrong, it's about getting to the nitty gritty in an intelligent way. We still need to see multiple runs of a particular genotype to nail something down--but as we're seeing here there is definitely some reason to do that.

Some folks end up with absolute fire, and others get anthers. It's worth extra investigation, and we wouldn't know that if either:

1. Everyone dismissed it as the fault of the genetics.

OR

2. Everyone dismissed it as the fault of the grower.

We get SO MUCH MORE AND BETTER info when we look at the problem from both of these perspectives. This is the inherent reason for multiple runs.

Jdubman420

Jdubman420

i popped 5 beans of LAD..........2 females..........1 is a real bitch! as in hermied!

i am in no way disappointed with alien genetics, its part of the game! ya win some ya loss some! shit happens!

the 1 girl i got as a keeper, she is insane! ill post up some pics of her soon, she hit week 3 today!

ive got anog and crash helmet going as well........i want all of his genetics still!

and YES, i do have a 6K room of oil basically, but at least i know itll be fire! lol i dont care! i learned a big lesson here.......i blame myself for not catching it sooner, its my job to notice shit like this! i failed! simple! i can admit when i have done something wrong!

i support ALIEN GENETICS 100% STILL!

peace

I love my Grenades! So with my nades I got 5 females out of the pack. Out of those 5 only one hermied 2+ weeks into flower. I was lucky enough to catch it though.
Whenever I flower out new genetics I go over the plants completely every couple/few after 2 weeks. It's something that you have to do to avoid disaster!

KushCo

KushCo

FWIW I had hermie issues with LAD, too. Full on seeded buds/pollen sacs on the lowers. Unfortunately they did pollinate most of my room that run, but Alien was quick to make it right. Honestly though...those seeded LAD were still absolute fire, quality wise. Still better than 90% of what I have ran from seed the last 10 or so years. I am currently running Galactic Tahoe, Napalm OG, and Alien Grenades right now with zero issues *knock on wood* no nanners or pollen sacs.

Everything I have sampled or grown from Alien has been top shelf medical grade, even the plants that herm'd on me. I still have another pack of LAD I will go through eventually. It means a lot knowing that if you do have issues, the breeder will stand behind their product and go above and beyond to make it right.

squiggly

squiggly

Alien was quick to make it right.

Another reason not to rush to judgment or traffic pushing.

Honestly though...those seeded LAD were still absolute fire, quality wise. Still better than 90% of what I have ran from seed the last 10 or so years.

Hilarious. That's awesome dude. This is sort of what I was getting at when I meant that it's worth looking into. If there's a way to make these "hermie prone" phenos not throw anthers (by adjusting EC or temps or what-have-you) then it probably makes sense to do that, as we know the shit is fire.

Certain genotypes are adapted to certain environments better.

Who do you think will do a better job of living in an equatorial environment. A jet black skinned Nigerian, or me--a person mostly of Scottish descent (I am very pasty--my tufts of hair might protect me from the sun for awhile but I imagine I'd still cook).

Also consider the opposite question. Who would do better in the foggy highlands of Scotland? Its a known fact that Scots have developed better "far sight" and can see better in lower light--whereas equatorial "phenotypes", if you will, have developed better eyesight in the brightness of the sun (where I am mostly blinded).

Cannabis works the same way in all likelihood. It grows ALL OVER the world. If you go into the Kush mountains you'll note that crops do better/worse at various elevations--corresponding to differential moisture and pressure levels.

waayne

waayne

i remember that! lol

but shes a finicky bitch too, even aliens photos are so so.......shes a bitch! lol
kushluvr it seems like we're growing two entirely different strains.........:)
Here's my 2 keeper pheno's of LAD
These are harvest pics from the original seed run,They'll only get more dialed in the future clone runs........
These girls are beasts in my garden and I find they are far easier to grow than some of the OG's I run.......

Can you explain to me why you found the LAD to be so finicky?
IMG 7444

IMG 7461

R

rb420det

for what its worth i have made a few differnt aliendog crosses as well as aliendog f3's and theres a bunch of people growing them and the crosses out. i know they are not the exact same crosses, but i have had reports of herms. for the most part its from people that are usually talking about a hermie here and there with other strains as well. Im not saying that aliendog or alien crosses wont herm, but as long as the heat is in check and they are fed right it can be held to a minimum. If you have other strains doing it as well, just take a look at your room. Go in there with the lights off and look for leaks. Is it always happening in a certain part of your room but not so much in others? make sure your temps are in check and you are not feeding to heavy. You grow sour diesel right and theres no problems but if grown wrong the whole grow is seeded.

also in the 1st post there is no pics and most people are not gonna go off a link or re type in an adress to another site from here. i trust this one dont need to link to another. If you cant even bother to post a proper pick, it suggests you may be cutting corners in your grow as well.

Thats a bit of a stupid analogy, not sure why you would even add that little comment.. I know how to link pictures. If you read my first post you would see that I tried, THCFarmer wont let me link or insert images from invalid.com - not sure why. You're more than welcome to offer some actual helpful advice instead of trying to link my growing skills to my ability to bypass a forums HTML linking restrictions... christ.

As you mentioned my other strains though, the 9 other strains in my garden are all doing stellar, I check my area quite thoroughly for light leaks etc. and my tent is kept in 24/7 dark room anyway. My heat has been in check entire grow - airconditioned to maintain 75-80f. None of my other strains have herms, or any signs of herms or even any signs of stress. Just a few seeded pods here and there from my LAD (seeded pods match the age of seeded pods on the LAD, looks like they were pollinated around week 1 - 2 flower).

squiggly

squiggly

Thats a bit of a stupid analogy, not sure why you would even add that little comment.. I know how to link pictures. If you read my first post you would see that I tried, THCFarmer wont let me link or insert images from invalid.com - not sure why. You're more than welcome to offer some actual helpful advice instead of trying to link my growing skills to my ability to bypass a forums HTML linking restrictions... christ.

You must upload pictures directly to THCFarmer--there is an applet for this at the bottom of the posting field as you type (the button says "Upload a File")

This is for security purposes as linking to other sites opens up IP queries from those sites--whereas we do not log IPs here at the farm. Go ahead and use this service from now on and you'll have no problem with pics.

As you mentioned my other strains though, the 9 other strains in my garden are all doing stellar, I check my area quite thoroughly for light leaks etc. and my tent is kept in 24/7 dark room anyway. My heat has been in check entire grow - airconditioned to maintain 75-80f. None of my other strains have herms, or any signs of herms or even any signs of stress. Just a few seeded pods here and there from my LAD (seeded pods match the age of seeded pods on the LAD, looks like they were pollinated around week 1 - 2 flower).

I'd recommend that you try to maintain temps maybe a little bit lower--80 is definitely starting to push it when you're talking HPS (especially 1000W) because this usually means your leaf temps are much higher. I recommend grabbing an IR thermometer to check this out, they can be had fairly cheaply these days and are a worthwhile tool.

Also, what are you maintaining your RH at, I didn't see you answer this before and I'm still curious (especially at the top end temperature of 80F).

R

rb420det

Ah thanks for that... here are my 2 pics from the 1st post. Maybe i will look into checking that (again though have been running the 1kw for years no problems) - i do have pretty decent airflow around my plants - would this help keep leaf temps down or does that not really affect this kinda heat? (also could rest my nuts on my 1kw glass its that cool)
Unfortunately RH is one of the things im not maintaining atm pretty much sits about 20% nowadays (was about 40% during veg from memory), for veg i do a bit of foliar misting if the RH is too low but cant say i have ever had RH issues in veg or flower yet (not to discount it though)

Pic 1 is example of all the hermies i had by week 1, pic 2 is the one i thought was female but self pollinated to the max with a few external nanners but i suspect majority are inside the buds (thankfully)

U3a6oUi
VVP2h4i

Top Bottom