Lemon Alien Dawg Hermie Prone

• Thread starter rb420det
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigcheese510

bigcheese510

My question is were u surprised to find hermies in untested gear? U all bashed swerve for it, but its ok if alien does it.

Truth of the matter is i havent smoked a sample of aliens gear grown by himself that DIDNT have seed in it. And almost every other alien strain grown by someone else i have smoked has all had seed. Club owner even asked me how many seeds i think should be in a unit.. i said maybe 1. 2-3 MAX. He then says, well every nug has like 4 to 5. So take it for what its worth.

Not hating on alien, just speaking the truth. But for u guys to say all these hermies are environmental and alien himself doesnt get them then ur living in a dream world. Thats classic breeder behavior to blame the grower to save ur own ass for not testing ur beans on a LARGE scale BEFORE releasing them for 150 bucks per pack. Same thing happened to swerve and u guys shunned him. So lets see how long it takes for alien to follow swerves footsteps on the farm. The hermies are from an unstable line. Thats the truth. If u lucked out and found some that didnt hermie, or your happy with a plant that only "has a few seeds" good for you. But if u pass seeded herb on to others, u will quickly lose ur reputation.

been there done that . spot on post !

sky high

sky high

With the whole Swerve fiasco it was supposedly an f3 male (if I remember correctly) that was passing the trait along. Anything crossed with that specific plant seemed to have folks cryin'. Just like the Alien gear i ran, I was fortunate to NOT see any hermies in the packs of Swerve's gear i ran, but they were much the same in that none of them really lived up to the description or hype placed upon them from my point of view. Shit...now I'm thinkin I should run the pack of Raskal OG I still have.

So if it was the f3 in Swerve stable that caused his troubles...what's the common thread in these genetics causing this?

true grit

true grit

See that was my question before- is the Tahoe Alien male used just dominant in crosses (havent seen it so cant compare to males i saw)? I got around 30% females. I'd say of the males that came from PTA, ARC, ANOG, Grenades- almost all males were very similar/alien kush structure. One particular ARC male being standout and was kept- pure skunks even at like 3-4wks. Of the females i'd say 30-40% had that kinda normal/meh Alien kush dom flavor/smell. the others being more OG'ish. Not sure what Sour Dub is like but i got only varying degrees of mild OG and Alien Kush.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

See that was my question before- is the Tahoe Alien male used just dominant in crosses (havent seen it so cant compare to males i saw)? I got around 30% females. I'd say of the males that came from PTA, ARC, ANOG, Grenades- almost all males were very similar/alien kush structure. One particular ARC male being standout and was kept- pure skunks even at like 3-4wks. Of the females i'd say 30-40% had that kinda normal/meh Alien kush dom flavor/smell. the others being more OG'ish. Not sure what Sour Dub is like but i got only varying degrees of mild OG and Alien Kush.
Sounds like you've got one hell of an eye for these strains!

E

Empire

U answered ur own question brotha. Id flower out that male a few times before i used it. Wouldnt be surprised to see pistils throughout the sacs.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

i had an Alien Rock Candy pheno that got extremely rootbound and popped a bunch of lil stress seeds. none even close to mature but most of you prolly know what i mean.

well i ran a cut of that same plant in a SOG bed, in the same room, at the same time. and ill be damned but there was not 1 single seed, immature seed, seed pod, etc to be found on the entire plant.

i doubled the pot size and am running her again now, time will tell how she turns out.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
so I just retread this whole thread and have a few thoughts...

A. I'm very curious if there are different beans going around. Maybe diff runs, I don't know some variable in the mists I'm sniffin.

B. I feel it very fishy alien hasn't chimed in, he is usually Johnny on the spot for damage control, not saying that's what that is, but w all the people on her claiming to be his friends and chill on the real, you would reallllyyu think someone woulda texted him and he'd have something to say

C. Gritty nailed it right on te head with the "keepers". It is very apparent that everyone word of keeper is very different. I could understand why some people would keep it, uniqueness the name the hype, hell even if it is really good herb. But IMO paying extra... Hell double... For a hype out strain isn't really my cup of tea, nor should it be anyone's with have access to a medical state. Elites are a dime a dozen here. I could name 10 plants people would kill for I shake my head and roll my eyes at. Sometimes I have to remind myself there are people in non mrs states or people that smoke 7 week undone flowers, so I can see why people would say a keeper in every pack.

To me, a keeper is:
Something w a "workable" yield, even small
A great resin profile, if thc solely 25% or better, if CBD 10 or better. 10/10 bag appeal and 11/10 taste.
A herm is honestly irrelevant. I've poppep selfed beans that kill the original, and have seen others do the same. That is a "keeper" in my mind, and as I've seen for the smoke and all I really don't see these keeper in pack mentality s validity.... But like I said possibly my standards are just higher.

is this a keeper? 4 oz per sq. ft... under 600's.

Sf

E

Empire

I didnt know 4 ounces of still on the vine herb could fit in a square foot area of a canopy. Thats news to me.
Just to clarify ur claiming 8 pounds per 4x8 table with 600s. U must be a master sensei

true grit

true grit

Sounds like you've got one hell of an eye for these strains!

More so I've just run through some full on alien kushes and alien kush crosses and tend to see the same traits across the board with stature and smell.

U answered ur own question brotha. Id flower out that male a few times before i used it. Wouldnt be surprised to see pistils throughout the sacs.

Ya passed the male to a friend with much more breeding experience than myself...i have none, i just fly through phenotyping and trying to pick winners. lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom