Lemon Alien Dawg Hermie Prone

• Thread starter rb420det
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

I'd like to hear from Alien himself on if he's had many or even any at all hermies in his garden. Damn, I really wanted to pick up a pack of lads and grenades. damn. Could it be that these strains prefer organic foods? that might not make any sense lol. but if alien and wayne have no hermies... Alien is such a nice guy I just can't see him knowingly selling bad genetics. no way.
that's what they all say about a breeder when one wants the breeder wares.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

I remember back before alien was making gear, matter of fact he was very reluctant to make any due to the numerous issues like so. Then eveyone pushed and were saying things like "id pay so and so fo that" and " ill take my chances..." and then there was light.

Im against untested gear but this was brought on the forum by the forum.

catdaddy

catdaddy

I remember back before alien was making gear, matter of fact he was very reluctant to make any due to the numerous issues like so. Then eveyone pushed and were saying things like "id pay so and so fo that" and " ill take my chances..." and then there was light.

Im against untested gear but this was brought on the forum by the forum.

very true, but the hype played more of a role than anything as to why people wanted these beans.
also, alien, along with a slew of others, stated that these were tested, which only perpetuated the demand and subsequently helped the release of these genetics.

and tbh, if he really didn't want to release them, then why did he? if i don't want to do something, i am not going to do it; no matter what others may say or do.

catdaddy

catdaddy

Do you mean that I want free seeds? That thought never popped into my mind. honestly. he just seems like a nice honest guy.
definitely wasn't what i was implying. basically, what i meant by what i said, is that we all like to think of a breeder as being a nice guy when it comes to buying their wares.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the tough part with testers is you genrally send them to people that take great pictures. those people are usually running a pretty dialed room as well. so you may not have an issues with your testers. if you dont know by now chemdog as well as some og kush's anything with sour d in it has a much higher chance of herming then alot of other stuff out there. Chemdog D too much phosphorus to early and it will start spitting nanners around day 30. if you wish to grow these plants or crosses you could end up seeing hermies. it may be resecive or dominate thats why you may not see any in your 1st Fgen but you see it in your 3rd. there was plenty of info out there and a ton of pics of sucessful grows.

To me a hermie is nothing differnt then a scrawny or an airy bud plant i just cull it and move on. when you buy a pack of seeds you need to pop them all make your selection of keepers out of that. out of a 10 pack you odds are about 5 females so you have a good shot of finding agreat plant. but if you only pop say 3 and end up with 1 female if it herms thats what your stuck with. say it didnt herm but it didnt yeild great or the smoke was so so, you would still cull it.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

well said Kid Twist.

obviously the LAD was grown out at least once or twice, seeing as how Alien has a select pheno and it has 2 offspring...Double Lemon Alien Dawg and Starfighter. there were pictures of all those strains fully grown before the drop, and pictures of every strain fully grown from the first part of the big drop . maybe it wasnt tested in 10 different gardens covering every different stress factor, but if thats your expectation then i think you are shopping in the wrong spot.

as for hermies...Alien has posted about dropping a couple strains from the lineup or shelving them for further testing just like any other breeder, so i highly doubt hes releasing strains that have been a problem for him or his pre-release testers.

i dont mean to troll this thread and act like I'm part of AG Hype Squad v2, because Im not (nor would i hype anything before i grew it personally :confused:), but at least look at the info available before making assumptions that Alien is knowingly releasing bad gear.

catdaddy

catdaddy

hmm, pics really doesn't tell too much when it comes to testing. at least i don't think so. i can show a plant that had nanners on it without it being seen in the pic.

when i first joined this site and something was in testing, people were showing the plants being tested from beginning to end. in the log they would also not only show the plant through all stages but the stress that was being applied to them. so if you want to talk about pics, lets see some that counts and not the ones that shine and glitter and take away the fact that the proper testing (if any) was done.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

i hear ya about hiding the bad, but to me pictures just prove it was grown is all. im pretty sure hes got DLAD from 2 different cycles in his photography thread.... i guess i just assume from that fact that he was happy enough with the strain to continue working with it and growing it that it didn't herm on him.

if you think alien is making and growing herming strains on the regular, well then i guess we just have different views on the situation and opinions of the man.

to each their own...personally im just wondering when the next drop is.

catdaddy

catdaddy

nah, im not singling him out, but this is who the topic is about. trust me, there are plenty others out there as well. i had shit that i've grown but never documented because of how poor it grew out or i knew just wouldn't make the cut on all levels.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Motiv threw up pics pages back am I taking crazy pills?

Smoked some sour lemon alien dawg today. Good smoke for sure, but yeah nannered as fuck.

Curious to see how the rest of the lines stability pans out. Have some FPOG f2s and AGV x FPOG veggin right now.... No pre flowers but we'll see if anything comes up.

A

Alien

Supporter
To answer a bunch of questions...

If a strain does not yet have a name, as the Grenades and EWOK did not when those photos were taken, I label them as the female plant in the cross when growing out test beans to ensure genetic integrity. I also use my photos a lot when hunting larger pheno pools, so this method has always made sense to me. Then once I get around to putting a name to a particular cross, any future photos would reflect that strain name.

The Lemon Alien Dawg was tested heavily by me before anything was ever done publicly with it. It was a strain I bred long before I ever posted a photo here. It was one of the very first, if not THE FIRST strain from my garden that was ever shared here photographically. I had excellent experiences with my LADs, and my keeper was one of the best plants I've had the pleasure of working with, which is why I chose to share pics in the first place. When growing the LAD, I personally saw no herms whatsoever...if something herms it gets culled immediately and is not something that I would ever breed with. That is hopefully obvious and self explanatory. Besides myself, Waayne did extensive testing with this strain and saw no problems whatsoever. That said, it really bums me out to see so many people having issues with their LAD beans. Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences...both positive and negative. I appreciate it. To those of you having issues/problems, you will be taken care of. Not sure exactly how yet, but we'll figure it out. Thanks.

Cheers,
A

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

to leave nanners on that long that says something to me cuz if i grow herms im pulling out the tweezers and pulling nanners as they grow again when i trim and as i cure so for anyone else to see nanners i grow thats odd but thats me and i pick those nanners obsesively because i usually dont want that kind of pollen floating around.......peace and chicken greazey nanners and sack ughhh

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
To answer a bunch of questions...

If a strain does not yet have a name, as the Grenades and EWOK did not when those photos were taken, I label them as the female plant in the cross when growing out test beans to ensure genetic integrity. I also use my photos a lot when hunting larger pheno pools, so this method has always made sense to me. Then once I get around to putting a name to a particular cross, any future photos would reflect that strain name.

The Lemon Alien Dawg was tested heavily by me before anything was ever done publicly with it. It was a strain I bred long before I ever posted a photo here. It was one of the very first, if not THE FIRST strain from my garden that was ever shared here photographically. I had excellent experiences with my LADs, and my keeper was one of the best plants I've had the pleasure of working with, which is why I chose to share pics in the first place. When growing the LAD, I personally saw no herms whatsoever...if something herms it gets culled immediately is not something that I would ever breed with. That is hopefully obvious and self explanatory. Besides myself, Waayne did extensive testing with this strain and saw no problems whatsoever. That said, it really bums me out to see so many people having issues with their LAD beans. Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences...both positive and negative. I appreciate it. To those of you having issues/problems, you will be taken care of. Not sure exactly how yet, but we'll figure it out. Thanks.

Cheers,
A

I can't believe how well you are handling this if I had to explain how I catalog my pics I'd be livid. This is a sad state of affairs IMO.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

this thread might turn into something after much props for responding to the thread i mean its still relatively a new thread but spread like wild fire quick i mad views and plenty of opinions so whats your response to tha your only popular or should i say payed so attention to on this website only....i am by no means anyone of position stature or even that good of a grower im just lazy and dont want to bother trolling other sites....peace out

Wavegem

Wavegem

My keeper lad did not hermie, I had two other phenos, one did show bananna flowers. I had 3 PTA females all 3 spit out banannas. I have 2 ewok phenos no banannas. Grenades and arc seem ok for now. I attribute the lad and PTA Hermes to stress as they were root bound in a 1 gal pot. Sensitive to stress it seems like. The best flowers I have ever seen hands down but comes at a price.

Top Bottom