Lemon Alien Dawg Hermie Prone

• Thread starter rb420det
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigcheese510

bigcheese510

ok, i've gone through the thread, i've seen one picture of pollen sacs on females on the LAD, that was from Motiv. the first guy showed a male plant. so that leaves us with one picture of a pollen sac, and that was in like week 7 or so. Some people "report" seeded bud, no pics. We have a couple of people not happy with their Alien gear, coolest man, sky, true grit, maybe a few more, maybe it's Colorado air??:rolleyes:
i claimed to have alien hermies, do you not believe me ?

KeystonerFMX

KeystonerFMX

Premium Farmer
Supporter
ok, i've gone through the thread, i've seen one picture of pollen sacs on females on the LAD, that was from Motiv. the first guy showed a male plant. so that leaves us with one picture of a pollen sac, and that was in like week 7 or so. Some people "report" seeded bud, no pics. We have a couple of people not happy with their Alien gear, coolest man, sky, true grit, maybe a few more, maybe it's Colorado air??:rolleyes:
I'm not from CO.. here's an Alien Sledgehammer.. in week 3 maybe? This was back in December.. still waiting for A to "take a look and get back to me ASAP"

Herm
str8med

str8med

Hold on ......are you just a genius, it is April fools....

Please, tell me this is the case. Hahahahahahaha
As I stated before, that is my experience with pollen slinging. Are you serious or just another sarcastic ass kisser?

true grit

true grit

Ya thats definitely what it is...the CO air that helps folks speak the truth :)

First- i didn't bother snapping any shots of my late nanners, nor would i waste time had i had seeded buds...but my run was full herm/seed free other than late nanners (which IMO is no big deal). And any of my "not happy" feedback was me discussing how i got the highest rate of males, and lowest rate of potential keepers I've ever had out of a seed pop. Nothin to do with hermies.

Wbwidow

Wbwidow

i just noticed wbwidow liked the last post. didnt you have starfighter and lad going? how did those fare?
No hermies thank god. But out of the 2 phenos of starfighters that I had 1 was good the other was weak.
The lad looked good but again weak.

So basically it brought me back to a thread where someone said the starfighter sucked and after growing it I can see how he felt that way.

I mean you can see my pics on the net all the plants looked good but at bes potency was a b

Wbwidow

Wbwidow

last i knew they were "gifted to him from someone who was gifted them from Alien".. were they ever even verified as the real deal? i just remember a lot of skepticism about starfighter beans being tossed around from person to person for free like that..
Alien never got back to me after messages upon messages so I went a different route and got my answer from 3 different people 2 being on this board with documented grows.
Exotic and jaws

On top of that bigcheese has a pic of the starfighter and taste smell everything was the same to a t so yeah I'm confident these are the real thing.

Wavegem

Wavegem

Yesterday I went and checked my grenades and boom right on my keeper nice banannas right were motive stated. End of story.... to many of Aliens strains are showing hermies, we all got burned by this. I wanted to believe the hype, I am glad i didn't buy the more expensive auctions. I really don't know what to do, thanks swerve I mean alien.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Just found this thread, read it all, wish I had seen it earlier to be a part of this whole hermie revealing epidemic, but glad I missed all the drama. It is a super bummer that so many people, including myself, have had problems with A's gear, but true that we all bought into what was very clearly hype built on hype. I was getting word slowly from people here and there that issues were occurring commonly in their garden with hermies, but one thing I am surprised by is the little bits of information coming out that seem to say bud flavor and highs are not great in his genetics. I wanted to share my personal experience as plainly and honestly as I can, hopefully I don't step on anyone's toes.

I have found a true keeper in the Alien Grapevine pack I purchased for $400. It has smell, flavor, looks, yield, and potency, but is a little bit finicky. I found no traces of any male flowers/hermies during my Alien Grapevine grow, although at one point I did notice some pistils turn orange earlier than normal, usually a sign of pollination, I have found no seeds smoking the dried buds and it is over halfway gone. The smell was a very very strong berry flavor that reminded me of 'Oops All Berries' Captain Crunch cereal, but has faded into a darker berry flavor with a longer cure that reminds me of blackberries.

2 out of 4 female LADs hermie'd on me with minimal or no stress (grow went very very well the whole way through). I did not find a true keeper in either my Alien Grenades or Lemon Alien Dawg packs of seeds. Smell and flavor is mild or missing from all my Alien genetics plants except my keeper Alien Grapevine#3, I blamed this partially on the seed production taking energy away from terpene and flavanoid production, but 3 out of 4 AGV's lack smell/flavor and were not pollinated last round.

So out of three strains, but only 10 female plants, I was able to find one solid keeper that I am already veg'ing up to size for next round. . . make your own decisions if that ratio is worth it to you, I am still very much on the fence after the loses I have taken and my second round with the one AGV genotype keeper will hopefully make up my mind.

And my last comment because this post is getting long. If you want every plant to be a keeper with guaranteed stable genetics and great flavor, don't grow from seed. . . it's as simple as that. Even with the Midas touch that OGRaskal seems to poses, I had to cull 1 out of 8 White Skunk plants this round because they felt my stress during finals week and popped balls. Just one more reason why I will be doing a few clone runs before I pop anymore beans.

-Meeks

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
That's partially the reason Elite cuts or whatever you wanna entitle them are in demand. Just cause someone uses a killer female and average male or above average male doesn't mean the children will ALL be all-stars. That's why people start mass seeds and find a phenotype to rep the genotype and then put clones out to the masses. I've started seeds and had sisters of the same genetics show me major smells and flavors and some none.

I think questioning the health of the plants that had the seed on them might be an idea. Especially if future batches of the same seed don't represent the hermie tendencies. But, all in all, caveat emptor. You only have yourself to blame, most advertising or hype promises things that don't happen to always be the norm experience for all...fwiw.

Chemdog crossed with anything is asking for hermies, but I truly cannot say anything on this matter for the hermies, as I have no experience with these varietals.

Just remember the people that have had children in our world and how the children sometimes never live up to the parents or exceed them, it goes both ways :D

datDANK

datDANK

just cut off the balls.. grow it out it will still be super dank.. you will get you money back and more.. end of story.. move on

datDANK

datDANK

should I still get my alien grenades pack?? so I should expect nanners and possibly no keepers

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
should I still get my alien grenades pack?? so I should expect nanners and possibly no keepers
It's completely up to you dude. I will always buy Aliens gear if its around because Ill run large numbers of seeds to find a keeper. For instance in my Alien gear are 5 packs of TAs. I didn't buy 5 packs to run 3 seeds here and 3 seeds there. Ill run all them at once to find that special gem hopefully. I know there are no guarantees in this game so I run as many seeds as possible. I also don't care about the money because seeds are my one vice. I don't gamble on sports but that's the mentality I have with any seeds...meaning if you can't afford to lose the money don't take the bet.If you should buy the seeds is really up to you depending on your circumstances IMO but if it were me I'd buy multiple packs.

Top Bottom