Let’s talk Nutrients...what is everyone using??

• Thread starter TheConnection
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I do things weird. Been on a hybrid kick of coco and soil mix, then low doses of hydro fertilize.
Ive gotten some great mileage out of the Organics roots line. Buddha Grow, Buddha Bloom, and HPK.
I also recently picked up of their Trinity soybean and kelp mix for the clones and seedlings. Not sure if that was worth the 20 bucks, but the Buddhas are great.

HighBuddha

HighBuddha

My first grow and I'm using soil with fox farms trio for soil. HydroGuard, and molasses. I'm happy with them, even though I have nothing to compare it to yet.

Here are some results.
20201114 150410

logdog

logdog

Im using Blue Planet "Farmers Pride" this time so far so good flipped two weeks ago. Have used foxfarms, botanicare and alaskan fertilizers in the past all with good results, never hit what I would consider a magic bullet but I like trying new things.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Have used a ton of different brands from GH, H.O.G, Ggold, CX hort, Plant prod, Gaia green, Pure blend pro, floraflex,... Currently using the Earth Juice lineup.

What ive noticed is the fertilizer used is less important than almost any other variable, as long a the fert is used correctly. Almost all of them will work just fine if your environment is dialed in and you are watering properly, keeping ec and ph in check, and keeping up with IPM.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I'm on my very first grow and it's in Coco/Perlite so I decided on the Canna range, plants are still alive so I'm guessing the nutes are OK 😁

cottageman

cottageman

Best and easiest I’ve used is jacks 3-2-1 hands down and then Athena ag which is what I’m running right now. I’ve ran general hydro, advanced, canna, and heavy16. Nutrition in hydro is pretty simple honestly it’s mostly about having a balanced nutrient ratio and not over feeding. There are very few actual “special” products that will wow you. The 2 that I’ve seen a noticeable difference before and after using is power si and ogbiowar

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Have used a ton of different brands from GH, H.O.G, Ggold, CX hort, Plant prod, Gaia green, Pure blend pro, floraflex,... Currently using the Earth Juice lineup.

What ive noticed is the fertilizer used is less important than almost any other variable, as long a the fert is used correctly. Almost all of them will work just fine if your environment is dialed in and you are watering properly, keeping ec and ph in check, and keeping up with IPM.

Now that I’m home, I’ll give you all a visual.
Big ditto to Dirtbag.
I have enough ferts here to kill all my plants many times over. It’s all about propper allocation and timing.
You can see form the bloom tent that I was a little heavy handed this time around with adding the guano to my bloom substrate mix (2gal coco, 1 part coast of Maine, 1 part vermi fire soil, 1/2 cup guano, 1/4 cup kelp).
My San Fernando Valley are much worst off then the kosmic.

C310843B 8389 4EC4 9CE4 8CBF836CCF9D
D3A4352D 3F20 472B 8FB4 CB329B82C9B1
TheConnection

TheConnection

So I guess it really doesn’t matter from what y’all say. 70/30 mix of Mother Earth is what I’ll probably run for medium . And I’ve been looking hard at “Athena” for nutrients.

Has anyone ran drip irrigation ?
im used to flood and drain but with my grow so big I want to save money if possible but still give the plants the feed they need and still assuring all nutes hit the bottom of the root ball. How many emitters per plant? What type of emitter is best, or are there multiple types in use? Will I need any special parts? All help is appreciated in advance thank you.

Any of you guys know good Hydro/Grow supply wholesaler?

-TC

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I use GH trio and I have serious problems with flushing. Am I supposed to feed every watering? Because the instructions say to feed every time so I did that at 1/4 strength and slowly worked my way up to full because there were no signs of tox. It took me a month of flush to start to see changes in leaf colour so I must have been doing something wrong. I also started adding molasses at the end of flower. Any Ideas?

TheConnection

TheConnection

@gorillaglueaaron how much molasses are you running per gallon?

Cjr5402

Cjr5402

I use clonex solition, supreme growers silica, superkelp food, and bud charge pre bloom, 1/4 cup of aloe vera powder. I also ground up barley seeds for the worms everyweek. Im not sure what I should use during bloom or not use anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom