Lets Do Some Cannabis Grafting

• Thread starter BombBP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Planter01

Planter01

I don't know bomb I'm still not convinced of the merits of grafting marijuana but that is one healthy looking graft union!!! I am going to push my skepticism to the side. If your graft continues to thrive and doesn't get overpowered by the donor plant if you could be onto something. I purchased five-way grafted apples and three-way grafted cherries. Neither did very well some cultivars did better than others and there were always graft union issues. No guts no glory bomb so I will patiently wait for my chance to buy a healthy rootstock with five thriving marijuana varieties on it

BombBP

BombBP

Skepticism is a healthy practice so no hard feelings at all:). It still sounds like you're having maintenance issues.

Here's a quick example. I was at a fast food joint and they had 2 of the most beautiful crimson lace leafed japanese maples. My girl asked me, "Why is that one growing different leaves?" I got up and went and looked at the tree and noticed the "different leaves" were just the root stock putting out vegetation.

With ornamental grafts, yes you're fruit combo trees are included, you have to prune, trim and maintain the plant. If you dont, either the root stock will put out vegetation and take over or even a scion can become dominant and take over.

Just stick around dude. I'll show you how to maintain everything in this thread. My bag seed Kurple Guerilla Blue Cindy plant is in need of some pruning in the next couple of days;).

lino

lino

Okay I have to control my Thread OCD here..

New break through s in Cannabis. You're not going to get this stuff at the canna training centers ,, this is latest greatest tek stuff but 1st a little grafting Tek Tip.

Do you guys have your plant ICU set up? This is important tool for growers. THIS IS A MUST IN GRAFTING Az, Co and dry humid you should use dehumidifier so all growers should have there ICU set up... CO2 tent and plant monitors.. very important... quarantine incoming and sick plants... ICU is Good to build immunities and kill bugs also..

DSC02879
DSC02892
DSC02895

lino

lino

Read this to the END - major IMPACT on cannabis GRAFTING !

If you guys remember when I said its very hard to tell what will graft to What. If you read this thread and others I told you guys about very strange species crosses and species grafts and species transgenic grafts. If you read my thread post further I bring up aquatic plants grafting in nature and in labs... I brought up pigs grafted to humans.

So this is cool, We have a realignment of the Darwin/God tree, OPPs those scientist I warned of and warned about the scientific classifications (especially in the CANNA family), rememeber ,,, if you read me ,,,I went off on the scientific naming of Cannabis ,,,they were WRONG! I was rite again ... they're trying to correct the mistakes but they aint got it rite yet but its getting better.. The hemp classification is joke.. you'll see... and they try to lump monoecious breeding into Hemp class something aint rite with that ,, you watch,,, I know,, I see it, FLAWS, in those DNA charts,, but I see a major flaw in those DNA hemp to cannabis dioesous breeding DNA chart,, its wrong IMO. Its close.. But I'm idiot who bases what i see just with experience in popping seeds, i dont have any phd's...

Well, all we had was beer and pot in the same family,,,, now look at mustard (Ive wrote about) and other plants, many plants are related to strange shit and dont look like it would belong in the same family - there and many plant species in a family,,, but all we had in ""hemp"" LOL, family was beer and pot only, there still cousins.

???So what has changed in the Plant Family for cannabis????
Now we got some new relatives guys
NOTE: Leaves are alternate on the stem and toothed .. > on these plants , exception evergreen leaves.
  • Hackberries (celtis) - I'm seed hunting as you read.
  • around 15 species of EVERGREEN trees, now we understand why our friends cannabis grafts rooted so well onto that tree. **
  • 6 or more Gironniera tree's so far. **
  • A small evergreen in Asia, Madagascar and Aphananthe
So I was correct, we took the name of plants like Indian Red Hemp- Named by Indians (Florida) and our English botanist was trying to tell the Indians in Florida and other places that this was pot by wht scientist.... So way back in 1753 Carl Linneaes added the name Hemp incorrectly,!! Indian Red Hemp was not cannabis.
Than scientist In 1924, Russian botanist D.E. Janichevsky was correct when he told them they were all wrong! and that hemp was and incorrect TERM name for cannabis and his Russian Ruddy's were Cannabis . Scientist told the Russian that his Ruddy's were hay nd he was wrong.. I'd be mad as hell,, I know that feeling...
So the guys made a mistake with Indian Red Hemp, it aint pot and it fooled the scientist way back in the 1700's.
So Why name it Hemp ? ? ?
Some botanist were paid lots of money to give Cannabis a scientific name of HEMP w' low THC .
WHY ?
In the 1970s, the taxonomic classification of Cannabis took on added significance in North America. Laws prohibiting Cannabis in the USA & Canada specifically named products of C. sativa as prohibited materials. Enterprising attorneys for the defense in a few drug busts argued that the seized Cannabis material may not have been C. sativa, and was therefore not prohibited by law. Attorneys on both sides recruited botanists to provide expert testimony. Among those testifying for the prosecution was Dr. Ernest Small, while Doctor Richard E. Schultes and others testified for the defense. The botanists engaged in heated debate (outside of court), and both camps impugned the other's integrity.The defense attorneys were not often successful in winning their case, because the intent of the law was clear, to distinguish a low THC class of cannabis.

So now Dr Small and Dr Schultes classification is null and void. These new species and DNA con seds nullify there work.

so check this out ::: What does this mean to me ::: ?
including strains from China and Vietnam (Indo-China) assigned the names Cannabis chinensis Delile, and
Cannabis gigantea are now VALID strain IDs and I have both :cool:,
sativa, indica, ruddy, Asian Delights ,giants, I'm making up new name, IDK what they'll be called.....
Ancient Chinese Secret
ACS is exotic and yummy but hard as fuck to grow,, IDK how it would go in Cali,or florida.
gigantea in not the bushy branchy lemon Nam bud... We called gigantor and its looks like the Massive Moroccans but its a littles different especially in bud, another exotic pysco high ....
So I'm stoked to get my ACS online so ppl can see photos of my Cannabis chinensis Delile and I grew Cannabis gigantea next to ACS... || when grown on the Ark Valley River They grew as tall as the Arkasas Valley River Trees. up to 40' on that river and 26' in my back yard here in Denver, Budded on my 2 story roof top.
Ancient Chinese Secret. ACS was handed to my by boat person immigrant from the early 80's. He gave 2 strains to me, Both strains grew Exactly like he described. He said the Ancient Chinese Secret was 25 - 35 feet tall . ACS grew on the Yangtze (or Yangzi ) river , I'm not sure how to spell it or pronounce the river name but that what I was told and that how it grew and I have photos somewhere of if the plants in June. not in bud.

Am I'm warped ?... Is this like breeding a Great Dane with a Chihuahua or even worse??? :p

I crossed
Low Ryder 6" strain x 30' (Cannabis gigantea x Ancient Chinese Secret) :speechless:
Chinese Low Ryder
http://linolatte.com/products/chinese-low-rider

So we have more grafting door that just opened. huh///
Ponder

• Hackberries (celtis) - I'm seed hunting as you read. looks like a candidate IDK
  • around 15 species of EVERGREEN trees, now we understand why our friends cannabis grafts rooted so well onto that tree. Maybe for rooting into the tree itself.**
  • 6 or more Gironniera tree's so far. **
  • A small evergreen in Asia, magascar and Aphananthe. What about grafting while Aphananthe plants while small seedling or embryo's ,,, just thinking....
Hackberry x Cannabis = Hackabis or HackaBerris
Cannabis x Hackberries = Cannaberries

THREAD OCD, sorry bomb,, i'll go away for a cpl wks .... and nice grafts btw....

Last edited:
BombBP

BombBP

Still haven't had a chance to do anymore grafting yet. Work, weed and a few other hobbies have me busy atm. One of the reasons I'm doing this is so I have a lot less to water/feed and still a nice variety.

I'll try to get a couple of grafts in later today for everyone. Been wanting to try a chip graft and see how they take.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

bomb do me a fovor and graft some bananna, looks like Cavendish is getting slammed worldwide.........what a shame to lose banana's. I saw a dude try grafting blueberry plants and cannabis..........Wow grafting disease resistance etc etc could be really kool to see.

BombBP

BombBP

And the blueberry scions healed just fine. You know...I'm starting to think the wedge graft is the way to go. I haven't had a single graft fail using the wedge tech.

And a shot of the whole plant. It has Blue Cindy, Kurple Guerilla and blueberry grafted to it. The root stock is bag seed clone 2. I'm going to veg it out and flower it for cool points:p.

2017 03 14 003757
2017 03 14 003901
2017 03 14 003518
lino

lino

Those end grafts are not easy,,, NICE!

Spinach to Human GRAFT homies..

Here are some guys about to pull off the ultimate graft;
Plant to HUMAN graft! It is is VERY CLOSE to reality. Plant to heart graft;

I'll try and post some of my pics of attempted in callas removal graft,, i beat these guys to punch, but their knowledge and lab destroyed my work.

jipp

jipp

I agree 100%. I'm anxious to see if each strain grows exactly like they did grafted to another rootstock. Also interested in flavors and if anthocyanins will be affected.

There are 5 different plants growing so it should be interesting.
ya a mad scientist my friend. :D

cant wait to see what happens. plants are pretty cool.

chris.

ahemait

ahemait

Absolutely beautiful. I have 9 coming down in about 8 weeks, then I'll be able to start a couple different varieties and do just this!
Wonderful work. Very encouraging. Can't thank you enough!

Latest posts

Top Bottom