Let's play Name That Leaf Issue.

• Thread starter DirtyLarry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Experiment yourself. Take 2 similar plants. Defoliate one and not the other. See what happens

DirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Thank you friends. I've moved those 5v case fans under the canopy to increase airflow there. I defoliated all the leaves with light to moderte pm, tried to spread the canopy out a bit and removed the largest solar leaves in the lower canopy. I sprayed that home store bought neem oil on the top and bottom of the leaves, stems and fabric pots and wiped down the rest of the space with some disinfectant wipes. Hopefully I can kill most of the spores so it doesn't come back later.

Interesting perspectives on controlling RH! I just thought I had to keep it under a certain level based on growth stage, not that the delta also should be minimized. Does anyone know of a small space humidifier/dehumidifier combo? This start up humidifier company is getting a lot of press in the beauty space right now lol https://getcanopy.co/ seems like a waste to hide it under my plants.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I've ran 88f 75rh with zero air movement. As long as humidity and temp drop together at night, I'll keep saying PM is a myth.

DirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Ready for round 2? It's a lightning round lol. I noticed all of these odd things, assuming they're pests?

20210118 154022
20210118 105902
20210118 105315
20210118 105253
20210118 105245
20210118 154919
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, well i’ve never used coco, some issues could be a few things, so i don’t want to go saying something is something and it’s not..
you’ll have to go through a checklist kinda thing.
do you notice any other odd stuff?
you could have overwatering, pest, root issues, deficiency, lockout.,
i think it’s best to wait for an experienced coco grower..

DirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Ah gotcha. Would love some help! I haven't noticed anything other than the leaf spots, PM and missing pieces of leaf. They seem to be happy and healthy otherwise. I noticed the spots a couple weeks ago on one leaf. I thought I might have been too aggressive with the feed. Then I put the screen on, trapping the leafs on top of causing them to trap moisture. I noticed the PM a week or so later. Then I tried to separate the leaves and branches a bit and may have been a little rough and damaged them a bit, I'm not sure. But yesterday before I sprayed them with neem oil I took those photos of the missing chunks of leaf and other spotted leaves.

The grow details are:
2x Gelato clones
Coco coir in 3 gal fabric pots
1.5 tbsp fox farm grow big per feeding
1 tsp fox farm cal/mag per feeding
tap water
feed about every 3 days
the cabinet is 30.5" x 15" with lots of had room
100w closet case light
250 cfm exhaust fan and a few small air movement fans

Last edited:
DirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

My flower runs go 60% to 70% rh but I defoliate heavy. I agree that leaves are solar panels but I also believe big leaves aren't as efficient. Timing is key in my eyes. I defoliate heavy in veg and schwazze in flower. Go hard or go home kinda deal I suppose lol
How common is the schwazze method? I feel like I should try it because my space is so narrow and it will obviously really improve my airflow.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
How common is the schwazze method? I feel like I should try it because my space is so narrow and it will obviously really improve my airflow.

Let’s see an updated photo of your defoliation.
Mr.G

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

It appears to be either:
OR

DirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

It appears to be either:
OR
Thanks for the links. I'll look em over. I did some general reading on pets and fungus before I posted, but wanted to get the community's thoughts.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
defo as soon as you can. Way to many leaves. Need to breath.
give it a few days to recover after before the flip.
Mr.G

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
wpm has to be dealt with it, first and foremost!
or the grow will not be worth it..

Top Bottom