Let's play Name That Leaf Issue.

• Thread starter DirtyLarry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Is there a rule of thumb for quantity and frequency of neem oil treatments to correct wpm?
if your going that way, don’t just use neem oil, use two methods and interchange them weekly, maybe try the apple cider one with it,
try not to get frustrated with yourself as you have to be diligent and clean everything! you can use h2o2.. take the plants out and clean everything..

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I only had this problem once, as I got sloppy with defoliating when I should have, but I caught it early enough that I was able to remove and defoliate my plant with little disturbance, and managed to rid myself quickly of the problem. Luckily for me she was in her own tent at the time, so kept the problem contained. After that, airflow was greatly improved under and above the canopy and I never had the problem again. However, I know a fellow grower who just lost his entire grow in mid-flower to WPM and it was so evasive that it infected his entire garden, and he ended up throwing his grow out and have to start over. My lesson was fortunate, but I did learn a lesson and that the best way to deal with WPM is to prevent it from the beginning! Good luck.

DirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Ok thanks for everyone's help. I think I can beat this and improve my grow space for next time. Those spider mite pics HaveApuff links scared me straight 😟
Mr.GreenthumbOG + GNick55 Your input is duly noted

I ordered a dehu and will add another fan to get the rh and temp spikes down. I'll vary the treatment and repeat it for a couple weeks. I'll wait to flip, they'll just have to veg out.

I think we've observed both an actual spider mite and actual wpm. Neem oil and the late sm-90 are the only treatments I saw that are suggested for both pests and fungus. I dont see sm-90 for sale. So I'll continue with neem oil and IPA for the mites and H2o2, or baking soda for the wpm. Can I mix a combo of these is a spray bottle for easy application?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ok thanks for everyone's help. I think I can beat this and improve my grow space for next time. Those spider mite pics HaveApuff links scared me straight 😟
Mr.GreenthumbOG + GNick55 Your input is duly noted

I ordered a dehu and will add another fan to get the rh and temp spikes down. I'll vary the treatment and repeat it for a couple weeks. I'll wait to flip, they'll just have to veg out.

I think we've observed both an actual spider mite and actual wpm. Neem oil and the late sm-90 are the only treatments I saw that are suggested for both pests and fungus. I dont see sm-90 for sale. So I'll continue with neem oil and IPA for the mites and H2o2, or baking soda for the wpm. Can I mix a combo of these is a spray bottle for easy application?
well use the baking soda, use the hydrogen peroxide for cleaning everything fans tent floor walls ceiling crooks and craneys, spores can live on a speck of dead plant material for a very long time and pop up in future grows.. get cleaning!
cover the pots if the plants and stick em in the shower give the a good rinsing like rain, it’ll clean off the mildew than treat them.. but goes easy and try not to stress them out..
oh than pray to the marijuana gods for help before bed.,

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well use the baking soda, use the hydrogen peroxide for cleaning everything fans tent floor walls ceiling crooks and craneys, spores can live on a speck of dead plant material for a very long time and pop up in future grows.. get cleaning!
cover the pots if the plants and stick em in the shower give the a good rinsing like rain, it’ll clean off the mildew than treat them.. but goes easy and try not to stress them out..
oh than pray to the marijuana gods for help before bed.,
like where did it come from? have you been in any of your friends grow rooms., etc., try to figure out the source.,

DirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

How should I trim these as they get extra veg time? I want to minimize the number of bud sites and eliminate all the popcorn buds. Do I trim bottom up or trim off the new growth from here on out? They've been topped a lot so I don't think I need any more nodes.

20210120 104759
DirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

like where did it come from? have you been in any of your friends grow rooms., etc., try to figure out the source.,
I have indoor outdoor cats and a dog. This is my second grow, my first one had wpm pop up on the clones before I transplanted them, but I wiped it off with a damp cloth and it never came back. I cleaned the cabinet before the last grow but it could have easily picked something up from my pets I think.

IhatePM

IhatePM

Jms stylet oil can be sprayed through harvest. I use it through veg and get away with 60rh in late flower. I think its organic too.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
If your going to continue veg. Your going to need to keep removing leaves and weak branching. When are you going to flip?

Mr. G

DirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

More pics, can I get your thoughts? I continued to veg about 3.5 weeks after starting to treat the PM and possible mite issue. I was using neem oil and a baking soda/vinegar/soap mixture. That seemed to fix the pm but the leaf spots continued to develope. I defoliated fairly agressively several times. I also added another dehu.

Today is day 21 of flower and I have a variety of issues:
1) tip burn
2) yellow spots
3) ambering/shriveling pistils
Perhaps other issues as well?

I tried to check ppm of my feed and run off, but it seems my meter is faulty, Im getting a reading of 900 for straight tap, and 5800 for the run off. I don't see any signs of mites other than the leaf spots. I also don't see any signs of pollination.

I have been feeding 1 tsp of cal/mag, 1 tbsp fox farm tiger bloom and 1 tbsp earth juice bloom per gallon since the start of flower. Lasly I switched to treating them witm JMS stylet oil only every 5 days since the start of flower.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

20210302 142629
20210302 142640
20210302 142652
20210302 142658
20210302 142716
20210302 144217
20210302 144242
20210302 144247
boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Did I see that you’re in Coco and only feeding/watering every 3 days?

Also, if that fan is still in the middle of the plants blowing up, I’d remove that.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I would do a Flush. Looking at your girls. Then water with ph/ppm dialed in.

sad how long you kept them in veg, only to grow heavy lollipop girls with thin canopy, right up in the lights.
You tried way to hard on this one mate 😪

DirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Ya coco coir, feeding more like every 4 days. I have two 120mm pc fans and one 6" desk fan blowing up through the canopy. Also have a 300 cfm exhaust fan at the top of the cabinet.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Ya coco coir, feeding more like every 4 days. I have two 120mm pc fans and one 6" desk fan blowing up through the canopy. Also have a 300 cfm exhaust fan at the top of the cabinet.
Yeah man I’m coco you really need to water at least once per day, and this stalks I would be feeding more often. Does the coco dry out at the 4th day?

Like G said, I’d flush really well with 1/4 strength nutes and then feed every day at lights on at least, watch new growth

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Your not watering nearly enough.
I put gallons into my pots.At least every other day. If not daily.
coco needs to stay moist!!!

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Dry coco equates to heavy salt buildup and ph swings leading to lockout.
never ever let it dry. Rule #1

Top Bottom