Lets see your 2019 outdoor plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

BTi is made for natural mosquito control on standing water but is effective to disrupt the cycle of fungus gnats too. When they eat the bacteria (found in mosquito dunks and other products) it messes up their eggs and larvae.

Didnt know it worked on caterpillars.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
BTi is made for natural mosquito control on standing water but is effective to disrupt the cycle of fungus gnats too. When they eat the bacteria (found in mosquito dunks and other products) it messes up their eggs and larvae.

You want BTK for catterpillars

Fatboy

Fatboy

Kurstaki is the bt you want not isralensis

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Ahh. Guess thats why i didnt know. I have only researched and used BTi.
Actually, I do use the BTI for fungus gnats, that is what is in my Gnatrol WDG by Valent. It works by mixing with water and watering soil in the top of the plant pots, it kills the fungus gnat larvae. I learn something new every day!

TerriR

TerriR

But they sell btk here I think it’s the same stuff just wondering if you use it on your buds?

Can’t find that here either
BTK would be the right stuff...check that it says for caterpillars and other scum sucking SOBs

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
can you get Naturalyte?

Pretty sure that's a nope too. Its unreal what we cant get here, a short list but I'm sure there are others;
Spinosad
Imidacloprid
orthene
regalia
botanigard
Those are all regulated pesticides you need a license to purchase and need to prove to the governing body what you are using it on.

TerriR

TerriR

Pretty sure that's a nope too. Its unreal what we cant get here, a short list but I'm sure there are others;
Spinosad
Imidacloprid
orthene
regalia
botanigard
Those are all regulated pesticides you need a license to purchase and need to prove to the governing body what you are using it on.
I guess you guys need to go to the screenhouse thread and help me figure that out then! 😂 I would prefer not to use anything myself...

Top Bottom