Lets see your 2019 outdoor plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just out of curiosity..How
This is my first time growing and I’m pretty excited with the progress. Not sure on strain but I do know it’s a hybrid. They’re just a bit over two months old.

View attachment 871996
How many hrs of light are you getting now? It's hard to see in the picture, but it looks like they are beginning to flower?

I had to bring mine indoors since it turned unseasonably cold here; but I kept a porchlight on to keep them vegging until June 1 (N. Nevada USA)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Great plants everyone! But where is @Dirtbag ? Havent seen him lately.

Sadly I never got to work in the yard after breaking my scapula last season. I have an obscured treed lot next to my lawn with what my neighbor tells me is fantastic growing “black dirt” and a stream flowing through.

But it will take a lot of work to clear. The previous owners let it grow over down there.

Im tuned in to watch everyones results and learn.

T

thorburger

Nice photos everybody!

Quick question about outdoor growing:
If I were to plant 3 Sour Diesel plants on a small balcony on the top floor of a 5 story apartment complex, how much will it smell with regards to neighbours?

I grew 3 Northern Lights indoors last summer just on the window shelf, al naturale, with great results but obviously the apartment stank tremendously for 5 months.

I'm just curious whats the best move here.
Are none of my neighbours gonna be able to relax on their own balcony this summer due to my stankin sour diesels sneaking into everybody's nostrils?

I posted a thread about it just now called "3 square meter balcony outdoor grow - Sour Diesel - Will the neighbors smell it?"

Any feedback highly appreciated.
Cheers and happy growing!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nice photos everybody!

If I were to plant 3 Sour Diesel plants on a small balcony on the top floor of a 5 story apartment complex, how much will it smell with regards to neighbours?

I grew 3 Northern Lights indoors last summer just on the window shelf, al naturale, with great results but obviously the apartment stank tremendously for 5 months.

Are none of my neighbours gonna be able to relax on their own balcony this summer due to my stankin sour diesels sneaking into everybody's nostrils?

I posted a thread about it just now called "3 square meter balcony outdoor grow - Sour Diesel - Will the neighbors smell it?"

Personally in your situation, I would not go out of my way to piss off the neighbors. I hear that weed is tolerated but not really legal in Amsterdam?
If it is illegal, I bet the penalities for growing would be worse than for possession.

Not to get nutso, but I always presumed that Google Earth could see my plants..I was totally correct! LOL

Wolfe

Wolfe

I had about 20 other freebies that failed and didn’t germinate. I’m not quite putting them out there yet. Last year they were over the fence by a long shot. I’m keeping them a bit smaller this year.

Had to go with my own seed stock for the most part, but a few in there from other companies.
2 c4 gg4( gorilla glue#4 indoor s1’s) spouted strong both have definite gg4 twist leaf trait.
3 gg4 (2015 outdoor stock)sprouted strong
2 super lemon nightmare 2 sprouted strong (aficionados of cannabis Colorado)
4 ogkb3.0 sprouted strong( S1 from thc farmer forum winner cut ogkb2.0)
1 white nightmare sprouted strong(aficionados of cannabis Colorado)
1 Da alien sprouted strong ( Pacific Northwest roots)
1 Nor cal cat piss x moontang. Injured spout...( SeaFour)
5 tang pow2015, spouted strong
1 Alaskan thunder fuck x skunk #1 spouted strong( twisty treats seeds)
4 gooey tang sprouted strong
2 pure gooey 2 spouted strong (gooeybreeder)
1 blue euphoria sprouted strong
1 chemdog guava creamsicle sprouted( twisty treats seeds)

4C694E93 0FD7 40A5 8D9C 41C401A0E9FC
SinCity

SinCity

Nice photos everybody!

how wonderful it is to be able to see everyone's grows! it never ceases to amaze me what a powerful entity this plant is...every day i grow more entranced by them (no pun intended lol) :)

@Buzzer777 has your back. they will DEFINITELY be smelled. Even in veg. And especially SD!

So strange how things change, right? Weed is now illegal in Amsterdam but legal in much of the US??? pigs are flying apparently.

your situation takes me back to the bad old days living in new york. in 1991, several of us had to leave tour or risk imprisonment, so we went home and started growing. this was in cramped apartments surrounded on all sides by neighboring apartments jammed into tightly packed buildings with zero airflow. the hallways were virtually hermetically sealed, so just the slightest change in pressure would pull the wonderfully smelly air right out of our rooms and right into our neighbors' noses. BUT THIS PLANT HAD PLANS. BIG PLANS. that's when 'chem dog', which was not what we originally called it, came crashing into the world.

it was just like the situation you are in now. as @Buzzer777 says, cultivation was way more dangerous than possession. and smell was by far the biggest risk. don't put yourself in harm's way. if you're renting, you could easily be kicked out, if not prosecuted. even if you own your apartment, the building owner could cause you big trouble.

but you are in an ideal situation--you live on the top floor. top floor apartments were always the ideal. you have a perfect place to vent into--the air above you. can vent the air out and up. but you still need to scrub!!

i'm sure there are many more folks on this site that can tell you more about that than me. but i'm happy to help in any way.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Nice photos everybody!

Sour d at flower will stink up a block! Trust me on that’, Lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Great plants everyone! But where is @Dirtbag ? Havent seen him lately.

Sadly I never got to work in the yard after breaking my scapula last season. I have an obscured treed lot next to my lawn with what my neighbor tells me is fantastic growing “black dirt” and a stream flowing through.

But it will take a lot of work to clear. The previous owners let it grow over down there.

Im tuned in to watch everyones results and learn.

Just layin back buddy. Been working long days at work and at home lately, and not much time for forum chatting. When I get really busy I shut down all my forums on my phone so I can actually get stuff done lol.

Great plant pics folks, glad to see this thread carrying on. I'll try and snap some pics of my plants today.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
My license is so silly, it specifies I can do 49 plants indoors only, so I can only have the Canadian recreational limit of 4 plants outdoors. When i renew my license this fall I'm going to get some outdoor plants put on there..

Anyway, here is the mighty mites I kept in the backyard. Doing good so far. Interesting strain though, no side branching at all yet.

20190605 103244

S

StarLord PQ

Update on my first season of growing. All in all I've learned a lot very quickly, thanks to a lot of good people here :) and a lot of Youtube!
Ruth was the first as you can see she is doing well :)

IMG 20190601 095504 003

The two small ones in front are her clones, had a 3rd but a friggin grasshopper ate it! The one in back is a crumbled lime clone I bought, not sure what it's doing, been that size for about three weeks now lol.

IMG 20190605 174433

The rest are some clones I picked up about a week ago.

IMG 20190605 174447
IMG 20190605 174452
IMG 20190605 174457

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Update on my first season of growing. All in all I've learned a lot very quickly, thanks to a lot of good people here :) and a lot of Youtube!
Ruth was the first as you can see she is doing well :)

View attachment 873975

The two small ones in front are her clones, had a 3rd but a friggin grasshopper ate it! The one in back is a crumbled lime clone I bought, not sure what it's doing, been that size for about three weeks now lol.

View attachment 873976

The rest are some clones I picked up about a week ago.

View attachment 873977View attachment 873978View attachment 873979
Man we have grasshoppers and all sorts of leaf eaters..I am hoping the new hummingbird feeder attracts some hungry friends:)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

They don't need it, honest. We threw that crap away after paying a visit to Lazy H Ranch. While eating lunch hummingbirds fight for spots on their feeders. 4 C sugar 1 C Water. It works and it's all we've been using for the past 5 years.
Already had some red food color. I read they are attracted to red..thus the color of the feeders. One was scouting the other day before I hung the feeder..thing was the biggest humming bird that I ever saw. I read that they stop over in Reno during their travels to rest and eat.

Summers bring on Mormon Crickets! They usually stay well east of Reno, but scouts are always about. I would love to have some Chinese Praying Mantis' ,but it almost impossible to keep them around..
Talk about territorial..LOL

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Already had some red food color. I read they are attracted to red..thus the color of the feeders. One was scouting the other day before I hung the feeder..thing was the biggest humming bird that I ever saw. I read that they stop over in Reno during their travels to rest and eat.

Summers bring on Mormon Crickets! They usually stay well east of Reno, but scouts are always about. I would love to have some Chinese Praying Mantis' ,but it almost impossible to keep them around..
Talk about territorial..LOL
The colors of the feeders is all that's needed to get their attention. The 99 cent store sell small ones and I usually pick up a couple every year. I use to silicone small sticks on 'em for the hummers. Now I just hang 'em. Also have a larger one in front of the kitchen window.

Last year we had a pair nest above our dinning room window. Pretty awesome watching those little babies grow.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The colors of the feeders is all that's needed to get their attention. The 99 cent store sell small ones and I usually pick up a couple every year. I use to silicone small sticks on 'em for the hummers. Now I just hang 'em. Also have a larger one in front of the kitchen window.

Last year we had a pair nest above our dinning room window. Pretty awesome watching those little babies grow.
That's very cool! I hope I get to see some. Got excited today when I saw the water level go down ..I think it just evaporated in the heat, but you never know. The red color also helps me tell if something was messing around and drinking..LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom