Lets see your 2019 outdoor plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Hey there, in the 2nd pic your pistils on the main cola look fairly white, once the turn brownish orange and start to shrivel then I would say itā€™s getting closer to being ready I agree with fatboy and if youā€™re able to wait it out you will have better smoke! Especially if your weather is good.
Yeah the rest of that stem pistol hairs have changed probably 1-2 weeks left on the main cola.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

I do it almost every year. I usually start mid to lower branches, just one to start but you can take off as many as you like. This year I produced seeds in all females and took the top 3/4's of the plants several weeks ago and there's still 4 bottoms in the ground each with a few branches. It does not seem to stress the plants much taking a few branches at a time and makes trimming easier when you're only trimming a few branches at a time instead of a whole plant or more. That can become a nightmare for one person.
Awesome thanks for that she's still 1-2 weeks away but good to know I can do her on segments. Thanks

Fatboy

Fatboy

Hey there, in the 2nd pic your pistils on the main cola look fairly white, once the turn brownish orange and start to shrivel then I would say itā€™s getting closer to being ready I agree with fatboy and if youā€™re able to wait it out you will have better smoke! Especially if your weather is good.
Look at the trichomes...they are the true tell
sure you can, no worries...just make sure what u are going to cut is done...is it done?
Sudden removal of too much leaf are can sometimes shut down growth

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

At this point there is no more upward growth, just bud swelling. Once they're done stretching that's it.

Many remove all leaves with a week or two to go. I leave them on and trim them off once I remove a branch and then hang to dry with the sugar leaves. I remove those before jarring.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

At this point there is no more upward growth, just bud swelling. Once they're done stretching that's it.

Many remove all leaves with a week or two to go. I leave them on and trim them off once I remove a branch and then hang to dry with the sugar leaves. I remove those before jarring.
I had one only just finished with a late stretch so it's going to be way behind..

Madbud

Madbud

Awesome thanks for that she's still 1-2 weeks away but good to know I can do her on segments. Thanks
First, shes not close to done, the colas need to fill out a lot. If you do a segmented finish, take the top half of the plant, cut the main and wrap a rubber band around the stump to help her recover and prevent disease. Iā€™d let her run and pinch off a couple of the smallest buds. Nicely done but be patient.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

First, shes not close to done, the colas need to fill out a lot. If you do a segmented finish, take the top half of the plant, cut the main and wrap a rubber band around the stump to help her recover and prevent disease. Iā€™d let her run and pinch off a couple of the smallest buds. Nicely done but be patient.
Awesome thanks for the help.

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there this is what I came up with when I had to chop my main stem due to a borer of some sort making itā€™s way into the top of my plant. I used heavy string and warm wax to seal the mainstem off from anything that might make its way into the plant

DylanBear

DylanBear

Some lovely plants in this thread, I can only dream of growing outdoors like this in Scotland.

Madbud

Madbud

Hey there this is what I came up with when I had to chop my main stem due to a borer of some sort making itā€™s way into the top of my plant. I used heavy string and warm wax to seal the mainstem off from anything that might make its way into the plant
Yā€™know iā€™m not a botanist but i think the plants vascular pressure takes a big hit if you donā€™t close the cut some way. Could take weeks to heal itself.

U

upinhubb

So here's my delema.. My plant is maturing very uneven I have some main colas almost fully developed and some just starting. This is my plant. View attachment 906181
I have some main colas like this.View attachment 906182
And I have some like this.View attachment 906183
This middle stack is almost ready the lowers are 80% cloudy and the main is just starting to get one or two cloudy here and there.View attachment 906184
Any tips on harvesting a plant bit by bit over a period of a few weeks. Will this be too stressful for the plant. Can I remove the main stem from here View attachment 906185 happily and continue to mature the rest of the plant for harvest. Any info is much appreciated. Cheers
I would chop whats ready and give the rest time, plant will be fine

Latest posts

Top Bottom