Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
We've still got a few more out there, but we've reeled some in also, had to pull a few because were seeing a little rot, (but now have air on it) and they are plenty stinky, but not quite what I would call totally ripe imo. The rest, were going to try and get all the way up to the last day bro, don't ever second guess yourself about ripeness, you were doing everything right.

I want them fuckers laying on the ground full of resin.

You can only prepare up to a point, unfortunately that's a fact of life. Every grow has it's own unique security issues. You can do everything right, and still fail.

IMG 20201008 130120
IMG 20201008 130112
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
LoL, what I sometimes want to do in real life. Can't be thinking that way, it's not mentally helpful.

Tylerw20

Tylerw20

Sorry
Woke up this morning and itā€™s -4 Celsius they are hanging bad frozen thatā€™s something like 24 f ouch will they recover the sun is up warming things up it looks pretty bad tho

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hey there buddy hang in there please you didnā€™t do anything wrong but the rippers did

Yea, don't go chucky on anyone. Personally, after looking at your setup, I think the best way forward would be to get a few big dogs next year, if you do the same thing. Rottweiler being the breed of choice.

Even if there big ol lugs you could sit next to a baby, they look intimidating enough to make people think twice.

47155660 2334582510105118 7058473340146548736 o
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Woke up this morning and itā€™s -4 Celsius they are hanging bad frozen thatā€™s something like 24 f ouch will they recover the sun is up warming things up it looks pretty bad tho

Get yourself a little pup tent or something and cover them at night. Maybe even consider just putting a tarp over them with a little ventilation, or better yet, some heat being pumped in there (think relative humidity). Either that, or pull them up. -4 is way too low, that must be causing ice crystals that will rupturing the cells, killing everything.

I'm all for advocating letting them finish, but it's always a chance, and you need to have a back-up strategy in place.

I just pulled one of ours because of mold related issues, it was the Thai variety, the kushes all appear fine.

This might look like it's indoors, but it's not. It's more "hot house" conditions, and the front is wide open, so impossible to deal with the humidity, dew or temps.

IMG 20201008 1301121
IMG 20201008 130117
IMG 20201008 1301091
Frosty78

Frosty78

Supporter
My season just beginning. Bit of morning sun. Bit later starting this year. Kids 4 under4 have tried to "help" me when I've been outside a few times. Came back to tipped and dead plants. So I've isolated one room of the house till I the time to plant out.
Happy place x 2 destiny exotic
Stray dogs thai x2 two currents
Counter culture copyright x 2 two currents
Bloomfield x2 two currents
Joan of arc x 2 two currents
Skunk x4 blv
Hopefully the spring finally picks up. Turned back to winter this week. Hopefully weather is finally on the turn

20201010 091956
20201010 092002
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
My season just beginning. Bit of morning sun. Bit later starting this year. Kids 4 under4 have tried to "help" me when I've been outside a few times. Came back to tipped and dead plants. So I've isolated one room of the house till I the time to plant out.
Skunk x4 blv
Hopefully the spring finally picks up. Turned back to winter this week. Hopefully weather is finally on the turn
I think Iā€™m going to be even later that next weekend not going to risk it just for the biscuits...... itā€™s been shitting down my side of the pond Frosty .

Frosty78

Frosty78

Supporter
I think Iā€™m going to be even later that next weekend not going to risk it just for the biscuits...... itā€™s been shitting down my side of the pond Frosty .
I visited family up bairnsdale way. Stayed a tf metung. Bugger all rain. Came back last night. Ballarat onwards had been flogging down all week apparently. Very wet at the playground this morning with the tin lids

Madbud

Madbud

Skunk x4 blv
Tip on seedlings, start with a half cup of soil. If they stretch thereā€™s room for more soil.

Rooke

Rooke

Get yourself a little pup tent or something and cover them at night. Maybe even consider just putting a tarp over them with a little ventilation, or better yet, some heat being pumped in there (think relative humidity). Either that, or pull them up. -4 is way too low, that must be causing ice crystals that will rupturing the cells, killing everything.

I'm all for advocating letting them finish, but it's always a chance, and you need to have a back-up strategy in place.

I just pulled one of ours because of mold related issues, it was the Thai variety, the kushes all appear fine.

This might look like it's indoors, but it's not. It's more "hot house" conditions, and the front is wide open, so impossible to deal with the humidity, dew or temps.
Hey there nice sheltered area you have for your gals. Unfortunately my gals are in the bush and are fairly large I have natural cover to a certain height but covering my gals would give up my stealth, I canā€™t afford to take the chance leaves are falling off fairly fast now and any kinda tarp, plastic etc would stick out to much 5 out of 7 pulled through it ok 1 strain didnā€™t like it so much but the last frost took a few days to recover. Iā€™ll have a better idea when I see them in the morning no frost tonight. Take care!

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hey there nice sheltered area you have for your gals. Unfortunately my gals are in the bush and are fairly large I have natural cover to a certain height but covering my gals would give up my stealth, I canā€™t afford to take the chance leaves are falling off fairly fast now and any kinda tarp, plastic etc would stick out to much 5 out of 7 pulled through it ok 1 strain didnā€™t like it so much but the last frost took a few days to recover. Iā€™ll have a better idea when I see them in the morning no frost tonight. Take care!

I do have a few "camo" tarps, but even they stick out to a certain degree. But certainly, nothing beats a good outdoor stealth grow. That's why I've built a bunch of early bird genetics into many of my (longer flowering) Kushes and Thai lines, because I can plant them outside, some will come in early, around june, july, while the rest should flower a bit earlier than usual, but still tend to get huge.

Multiple harvest from a single planting.

IMG 20201007 1721011
Frosty78

Frosty78

Supporter
Tip on seedlings, start with a half cup of soil. If they stretch thereā€™s room for more soil.
I've been letting them dry out
I was away visiting family across t hhe state.
The are into bigger pots this arvo. I was surprised with the stretch in those 4 days.

middleagedude

middleagedude

This is some Northern California outdoor girl scout cookies. She had a tough life, cause she wasnā€™t given priority, and got transplanted two weeks into flower. Itā€™s a bit premature, cause I was battling bud rot, but a big hit still gives me brain burn so weā€™re all good.

and a few other pics from a plant still in the ground.

F6622280 79B8 4259 A292 4D5F7CFB2EC4
809F3A9D CF99 491D B762 DDAAD4770628
8D4D385E 1C32 4575 B851 B1300AB5AC6B
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom