Sagamartha Blueberry x JW Blueberry
one of blue phenos
7D05F633 C57B 4AA1 8FB9 8262F1283673

one of black phenos
30BD96B0 46C7 4A9F 8CE4 1828F435FD98
D935959E 3991 47BD BFFA 2D0953AB1A66

frebo

frebo

Here is my Durban Poison girl that was started indoors and then went outside after 6 weeks . I was topping her when she was in the tent but have left her all natural since going outdoors - Fox Farm soil and nutrition- View attachment 994905
I am interested in the FoxFarm system. You are looking really good. I started a conversation “Fox Farm with Frebo”. Check it out. I started mine in a greenhouse with lights.
I have used a lot of Ocean Forest soil for years.

SKY DOG

SKY DOG

Very beautiful cross and phenos! Where did you score the jw blueberry? From hd?

Hey Greatlakes
Yes, they was breathtaking.
No one believe, what actually plants are real))))
Here is a small story
in year 2004 I had conversation with my friend about, what was the strain what he miss a lot? In this day my friend told me story about amazing blueberry cut what he had for years in his apartment, and he miss by accident. I come back home and start my research, first picture what I find it was a DJ short Blueberry.
8F444A87 A01C 49EE AB63 C435A2E87019

At same day I one pack of seeds from DJ Short.
In year 2005 i pop them up and grow: 6 females and 2 males.When they are finish I was really disappointed, was almost nothing, like suppose to be: plants was normal green, they don’t turn color even in cold, smell was little a bit vanilla, smoke was average. Let’s say was nothing to keep.
But really I was dreaming to see something breathtaking.
Lets say: “THIS IS A POINT from where the blueberry quest was started”
I wrote to dj short seed company with some photos and explications and got 1 pack seeds from them back for free, and in same time we purchase all Blueberry seeds what was available on the market at this time:
- Dj short true Blueberry
- Dj Short Blueberry
- Dutch Passion Blueberry
- BC Bud Depot's Blueberry
- JW Blueberry (was 18 seeds total, my friend gifted to me for breeding purpose. They was from old stock of JW, my friend kept them for years, before he give to me.
- Sagamartha blueberry
- JOTI Blueberry
- JOTI Blue Amnesia
I plant them all))), to compare side by side))).
It was a big job, to grow all of them, separate males, keep all the cuts of all plants(males and females), flower all of them, choose the best plants, by grow patterns, aroma, bud structure...
After was most satisfying procedure, cut, trim, dry, cured and smoke all of them.

Before the buds cured and ready to smoke we take clones of clones and put them to stress by nutes, and light cycle, to see hermi issues.
Also in same time we flower clones of clones in low temperatures to see how they will change colors in low temperatures, for growers with cold season))).
When the flowers was finally cured, we are already know which ones we want to keep, by grow pattern, and which one not hermi.
finally 7 persons receive magic samples bags just with numbers correspond to each plant what I want to keep))).
Boy!!!
I tried to stop smoking but the weed didn’t listen

By Easter 2006 we are finish this part.
Only 3 strains not fail under our requirements and we keep them.
i still not happy with DJ SHORT blueberry at all, I think company loose mother plants?
After we are make some F2 to look for more phenos, from 2 selected strains.
when we are find what we are want to see from 3 strains - selection and breeding begin.
It was long, time consuming but 4 years of job you can see at previous post.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Hey Greatlakes
Yes, they was breathtaking.
No one believe, what actually plants are real))))
Here is a small story
in year 2004 I had conversation with my friend about, what was the strain what he miss a lot? In this day my friend told me story about amazing blueberry cut what he had for years in his apartment, and he miss by accident. I come back home and start my research, first picture what I find it was a DJ short Blueberry.
View attachment 995108
At same day I one pack of seeds from DJ Short.
In year 2005 i pop them up and grow: 6 females and 2 males.When they are finish I was really disappointed, was almost nothing, like suppose to be: plants was normal green, they don’t turn color even in cold, smell was little a bit vanilla, smoke was average. Let’s say was nothing to keep.
But really I was dreaming to see something breathtaking.
Lets say: “THIS IS A POINT from where the blueberry quest was started”
I wrote to dj short seed company with some photos and explications and got 1 pack seeds from them back for free, and in same time we purchase all Blueberry seeds what was available on the market at this time:
- Dj short true Blueberry
- Dj Short Blueberry
- Dutch Passion Blueberry
- BC Bud Depot's Blueberry
- JW Blueberry (was 18 seeds total, my friend gifted to me for breeding purpose. They was from old stock of JW, my friend kept them for years, before he give to me.
- Sagamartha blueberry
- JOTI Blueberry
- JOTI Blue Amnesia
I plant them all))), to compare side by side))).
It was a big job, to grow all of them, separate males, keep all the cuts of all plants(males and females), flower all of them, choose the best plants, by grow patterns, aroma, bud structure...
After was most satisfying procedure, cut, trim, dry, cured and smoke all of them.

Before the buds cured and ready to smoke we take clones of clones and put them to stress by nutes, and light cycle, to see hermi issues.
Also in same time we flower clones of clones in low temperatures to see how they will change colors in low temperatures, for growers with cold season))).
When the flowers was finally cured, we are already know which ones we want to keep, by grow pattern, and which one not hermi.
finally 7 persons receive magic samples bags just with numbers correspond to each plant what I want to keep))).
Boy!!!
I tried to stop smoking but the weed didn’t listen

By Easter 2006 we are finish this part.
Only 3 strains not fail under our requirements and we keep them.
i still not happy with DJ SHORT blueberry at all, I think company loose mother plants?
After we are make some F2 to look for more phenos, from 2 selected strains.
when we are find what we are want to see from 3 strains - selection and breeding begin.
It was long, time consuming but 4 years of job you can see at previous post.
Wow ... great story! You obviously did an amazing job and deserve mad props for your efforts and work! Thank you for sharing!

Bigdope916

Bigdope916

Quick look into my pop up greenhouse.. looking healthy, but HEAT is a major issue. Gets up to 130 degrees some days but they seem to be doing well aside from a lil slower growth. Will probably move outside for flower. Check it out!

shaganja

shaganja

That big already.....damn
Am fighting toxicity from horsetail juice. Lost two plants. Might lose a third. Was too strong and burned almost everybody. Only the modern hybrids didnt have issue. But landraces went to weed heaven. Pretty pissed at myself.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

That big already.....damn
Most of them are... its just the jelly pies I'm keeping short to not let them be seen because of where they are. But they have all but run out of net almost. The rest have filled up the nets fully and are taking off.... except for the 2 wonder women plants that got majorly broken in transport. I'm working with what I got left on those. I had to take off so many broken branches :(
20200702 130229

20200703 143505
20200702 130244

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Am fighting toxicity from horsetail juice. Lost two plants. Might lose a third. Was too strong and burned almost everybody. Only the modern hybrids didnt have issue. But landraces went to weed heaven. Pretty pissed at myself.
Sorry to hear that... what a bummer

Top Bottom