Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheKushie

TheKushie

Going to wet trim them because it's a hassle to dry trim curled leaves. Ive read it's better to dry trim but fuck it maybe next time. Blue Dream and Bubba Kush.

Nitetroller

Nitetroller

The clone has been veggin for ten years? Impressive. Is she always under 18/6? Or do you keep mom?
The genetics are 10 years old. I keep a mom of it and replace the mom with a clone of herself every 6 months or so to keep her fresh.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I wet trimmed for 10+ years and wanted to try dry trim for reasons mentioned (tastes better because it takes longer to dry). Last year I wet trimmed half and dry trimmed half. Dry trimming sucks! That’s all I can say. Leaves snapping, hard to get to middle of buds and trichomes dropping everywhere. You can try both and see what you think.

middleagedude

middleagedude

I wet trimmed for 10+ years and wanted to try dry trim for reasons mentioned (tastes better because it takes longer to dry). Last year I wet trimmed half and dry trimmed half. Dry trimming sucks! That’s all I can say. Leaves snapping, hard to get to middle of buds and trichomes dropping everywhere. You can try both and see what you think.
I wet trimmed for 15 years thru northern CA green rush, and I can’t stand it. Scissors gum up fast, and buds can get smashed. I prefer getting rid of all fan leaves and bigger sugar leaves, and trim the rest once all dry. It doesn’t take much to finish trimming at that point. I feel like buds get harmed less doing it this way. I hear what you are saying though, especially if herb is crispy by the time you trim.

frebo

frebo

Interesting week... this is what's left of the backyard 4. They were 300ft away from the Almeda Fire and the 80+mph winds stripped them clean. Unbelievably lucky they're still here! Hug a loved one... you never know. Cheers!
My friends were a little closer on Butte Falls Highway. The fire got the barn and went by the house and garden. It would have all burned except for the irrigation. The barn was there behind the first photo and check the singed leaves on the second one.
18E014EE 9366 4D7E A4EC 861B85328C17
BE7074F2 5C25 4CDA 9677 19F02BC1ABBE

frebo

frebo

I wet trimmed for 15 years thru northern CA green rush, and I can’t stand it. Scissors gum up fast, and buds can get smashed. I prefer getting rid of all fan leaves and bigger sugar leaves, and trim the rest once all dry. It doesn’t take much to finish trimming at that point. I feel like buds get harmed less doing it this way. I hear what you are saying though, especially if herb is crispy by the time you trim.
C3B6A8B9 04BC 4117 BC0F 0D71E2E416FF
So, do you take those leaves off with one of these trimmers and then hang in a dark room with fans like we do. I am adding a dehumidifier this year for when it gets dank out.

middleagedude

middleagedude

@frebo
I don’t use a trimmer, cause I only grow 6 at a time, and when I trimmed wet it was not my herb, and trimmers didn’t really exist. 😀 I would definitely look into a trimmer if I had volume to process. I do hang in a dark room with a couple fans moving air. No DH, due to only having 6 plants. Most I know who grow commercially, dry with a DH in a dark well ventilated room. I think it’s a good investment if mold is an issue.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
View attachment 1031261So, do you take those leaves off with one of these trimmers and then hang in a dark room with fans like we do. I am adding a dehumidifier this year for when it gets dank out.

Yes, you still want to take the leaves off. The trimmer is only going to get the sugar leaf off for the most part. I've never used one myself either, but I have seen them used before. You want to get them down to "raw" buds, just like you normally would do during mass processing, then use the trimmer for cleaning it up.

I think they do have some that can process bulk better, but I don't think that's one of them.

B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
View attachment 1031261So, do you take those leaves off with one of these trimmers and then hang in a dark room with fans like we do. I am adding a dehumidifier this year for when it gets dank out.
Sorry to jump in bro but I reduce my humidity down through the grow take the average of the actual climate that im in UK an adjust my humidity to suit 🙃

🥶

FarmerJay420

FarmerJay420

Nice plants farmer420 but definitely looks like some bud rot in first and third pics. If the brown leaves pull out easily you should spread open the bud to look for interior bud rot on the stem. You may want to harvest at least some of the sketchy buds soon (ASAP) and keep a close eye on the rest.

I have one plant that I left for now. I’m having a hard time finding rot but I’m losing leaves like I do.

5F8087CA 6005 4078 847A 656A88DB40D1
Habosabin

Habosabin

Second grow. Bruce banner auto. This one I'm feeding correctly unlike my 1st grow. 4 weeks into flower. Estimated 10 week flower. I'll update right before harvest. This plant was in two heatwaves and very little light last week from the smoke so maybe slowed a bit. But sun is back and air quality good again.

029C47C7 C55F 46E1 9A53 0155B2BC7427
C43DCD8B 2218 4F79 909A 137C3D01967C
Top Bottom