Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yourmechanicgrowsweed

yourmechanicgrowsweed

Sup, first post. My outdoor season has gone ok so far, had some potted gals that started to get hit w/ rot and so I had to pull em a week or so earlier than I would've wanted. This is the last girl (white widow) left outside and she is in the ground. I pray to the weed gods for a late frost because she has a way to go...but I'm in MI and my prayers may not be answered. Barely kept it below the privacy fence.... 😬

IMG 3152
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey there DB and others. My outdoor experience in Nova Scotia is limited and my successes outdoors is here has been minimal to say the least. Temps now are high of 70f low of 40f - 50f. The plants are in pots and I'm not going through water. 10 days between now. Should I bother with watering and just feed? I use GH 3 part + Kool bloom ( at least I'd like to if they ever need fluid) . In my indoor grow I feed water feed water cycle, meaning weekly feeds. The way it's going outdoors I'll be lucky to get 1 more feeding in the next month. How the heck do I give them what they need during the last part of their life without saturating the still wet soil? any help / advice welcome

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there DB and others. My outdoor experience in Nova Scotia is limited and my successes outdoors is here has been minimal to say the least. Temps now are high of 70f low of 40f - 50f. The plants are in pots and I'm not going through water. 10 days between now. Should I bother with watering and just feed? I use GH 3 part + Kool bloom ( at least I'd like to if they ever need fluid) . In my indoor grow I feed water feed water cycle, meaning weekly feeds. The way it's going outdoors I'll be lucky to get 1 more feeding in the next month. How the heck do I give them what they need during the last part of their life without saturating the still wet soil? any help / advice welcomeView attachment 1032483View attachment 1032484
Hey there, just wondering if you can put your gals out in full sun and hope for a good breeze as well they will drink quicker than in your tent/ greenhouse. Hey I feed my nutes at 75-80% full strength the only water they get is when it rains. I Ve never had a plant lock up on me growing outside. For over 4 years now hope this helps !!

JJS009

JJS009

Hey there DB and others. My outdoor experience in Nova Scotia is limited and my successes outdoors is here has been minimal to say the least. Temps now are high of 70f low of 40f - 50f. The plants are in pots and I'm not going through water. 10 days between now. Should I bother with watering and just feed? I use GH 3 part + Kool bloom ( at least I'd like to if they ever need fluid) . In my indoor grow I feed water feed water cycle, meaning weekly feeds. The way it's going outdoors I'll be lucky to get 1 more feeding in the next month. How the heck do I give them what they need during the last part of their life without saturating the still wet soil? any help / advice welcomeView attachment 1032483View attachment 1032484

mid you can’t move them outside into The sun and wind at least open the tent up to let humidity out, moving outside the tent will help tremendously

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey there, just wondering if you can put your gals out in full sun and hope for a good breeze as well they will drink quicker than in your tent/ greenhouse. Hey I feed my nutes at 75-80% full strength the only water they get is when it rains. I Ve never had a plant lock up on me growing outside. For over 4 years now hope this helps !!
No I had to move them into the tent because of new neighbors. I had a cool old lady living next door and she died and left it to her granddaughter. The place was in real need of a match and a can of gas but someone bought it has workers around fixing the place up. Also with nights getting down to 40 f it's not long before frost hits us and they need covering. A Hurricane ( Teddy ) could be giving us a whack Monday - Tuesday so they'll be coming inside and put under a bunch of t5's , T8's and a bunch of spots. I may have to finish them inside but the flower room is full and won't be clear for another 3-4 weeks. I'm not sure how thew low light will effect them but better than but rot and mold.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
No I had to move them into the tent because of new neighbors. I had a cool old lady living next door and she died and left it to her granddaughter. The place was in real need of a match and a can of gas but someone bought it has workers around fixing the place up. Also with nights getting down to 40 f it's not long before frost hits us and they need covering. A Hurricane ( Teddy ) could be giving us a whack Monday - Tuesday so they'll be coming inside and put under a bunch of t5's , T8's and a bunch of spots. I may have to finish them inside but the flower room is full and won't be clear for another 3-4 weeks. I'm not sure how thew low light will effect them but better than but rot and mold.
Good luck man I get the same down here in Tasmania Australia 🇦🇺 I’ve got to be in ground by next weekend or I can kiss my outdoors season good bye . Od .

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Your plants look pretty healthy TBH, I wouldn't worry too much and let nature take it's course. They'll take what they need from the leaves and whatnot if need be. I would think some wood ash might be a good idea if you can make it available, just be careful because it can burn the plant. Wood ashes have an NPK ratio of 0-1-3 so it's got much of what you'll need to finish, just use minimal amounts of fluids to deliver it too the plant.

As mentioned above, ventilating them should be a good thing, just button them up at night. If you've got the ability, a dehumidifier unit would be the bomb at nighttime, helping to dry out the plants at the most humid time of the day (evening till morning), keep them warm at night. Just an idea, if it's feasible. As you already know, especially where your at, humidity, moisture and cold are your main problems right now.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Your plants look pretty healthy TBH, I wouldn't worry too much and let nature take it's course. They'll take what they need from the leaves and whatnot if need be. I would think some wood ash might be a good idea if you can make it available, just be careful because it can burn the plant. Wood ashes have an NPK ratio of 0-1-3 so it's got much of what you'll need to finish, just use minimal amounts of fluids to deliver it too the plant.

As mentioned above, ventilating them should be a good thing, just button them up at night. If you've got the ability, a dehumidifier unit would be the bomb at nighttime, helping to dry out the plants at the most humid time of the day (evening till morning), keep them warm at night. Just an idea, if it's feasible. As you already know, especially where your at, humidity, moisture and cold are your main problems right now.
" Wood ashes have an NPK ratio of 0-1-3 "........... I like that idea !

I have a oscillating fan running 24/7 but all the rest of the equipment is being used indoor. I've covered it with a tarp a few nights when it dropped to 40f. My only real concern is I want to feed them but I don't like double feeding. feed/water/feed/water ect. gives me a very nice product indoors, outdoors this doesn't work so it throws me off. They still have close to a month to go and at the rate they're going through fluid they're only going to get fed 1 more time, as its cooling down rapidly here. I have lots of ash underneath a ton of this years cuttings and tree debris I can find some in there somewhere.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
" Wood ashes have an NPK ratio of 0-1-3 "........... I like that idea !

I have a oscillating fan running 24/7 but all the rest of the equipment is being used indoor. I've covered it with a tarp a few nights when it dropped to 40f. My only real concern is I want to feed them but I don't like double feeding. feed/water/feed/water ect. gives me a very nice product indoors, outdoors this doesn't work so it throws me off. They still have close to a month to go and at the rate they're going through fluid they're only going to get fed 1 more time, as its cooling down rapidly here. I have lots of ash underneath a ton of this years cuttings and tree debris I can find some in there somewhere.
Just go easy, because it can burn them.

Top Bottom