Let's see your 2021 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter zootallures9777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Have been thinking about defoliation these plants? I remember I did it last year and I thought the plant look very sick seems to be two schools of thought to this process, this year I was going to let the plants eat the leaves as they need the nutrients I will clip away as I go. What are your thoughts on this my fellow Growers.
View attachment 1172815
If you’re done feeding nutrients and no mold or bug problems, just remove yellow leaves. But if you’re giving nutes till end, then defoliation should be ok but only the inner leaves. Leave outer leaves on for energy production.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
uh? stolen?
No. An overnight 10 hour downpour, depression keeping me in bed and not noticing, and bud rot. I have some of it but it’s 3-4 weeks early. Garbage. My heart is still broken. It triggered a mania, but I’m trying to deal. Moving inside. Ordered all the major stuff yesterday. Have to heal myself. lol. It was the first time. I was supposed to have help and guidance but to no ones fault, life happens. I’m sure some other rain overnight washed out the nutes early on along with me probably overwatering. I was told the soil had it all and water and go. Ugh. I thought I was getting over it. I probably never will. Just how my screwed up brain works. I also have hard water which I can’t and must figure out if it’s an issue or not. All plants and flowers around outside do great with it. These were getting beautiful in veg.

Last edited:
ZODD.

ZODD.

If you’re done feeding nutrients and no mold or bug problems, just remove yellow leaves. But if you’re giving nutes till end, then defoliation should be ok but only the inner leaves. Leave outer leaves on for energy production.
If I defoliate will I have less problems with Bud worms?

ZODD.

ZODD.

Just using banana Tea spike with maple syrup.

ZODD.

ZODD.

20210926 090319
20210926 090458

Also the first photo is Agent Orange a lot of orange hairs I think I have two weeks to go the second photo also Agent Orange and I must say almost a completely different plant from the first picture. I did read that Agent Orange was created using a California Big Orange strain but that you could actually find two completely different looking strains grown from the same batch of seeds one strain more sativa dominant and taller the other more Indica dominant and bushier and that's exactly the situation I have the middle plant looks to me like it will ripen quicker with large Long Tall colas than the one on the right is growing these freakish looking buds and is getting heavy. Still thinking 2 weeks out?

TheWalkingPlant

TheWalkingPlant

No. An overnight 10 hour downpour, depression keeping me in bed and not noticing, and bud rot. I have some of it but it’s 3-4 weeks early. Garbage. My heart is still broken. It triggered a mania, but I’m trying to deal. Moving inside. Ordered all the major stuff yesterday. Have to heal myself. lol. It was the first time. I was supposed to have help and guidance but to no ones fault, life happens. I’m sure some other rain overnight washed out the nutes early on along with me probably overwatering. I was told the soil had it all and water and go. Ugh. I thought I was getting over it. I probably never will. Just how my screwed up brain works.
Head up my guy. The fact that you didn’t just give up on it is something to be proud of in itself. I know plenty of people who just quit when it got hard, so props to you for deciding to just go indoor. Indoor brings new struggles, but it sounds like you’ve made up your mind to find success, so that’s what really matters.

I’ve killed more plants than I’d like to admit, even this morning having to throw away my entire batch of clones because I fucked up. Nature can be a fickle bitch for sure. Good luck on this next round

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Head up my guy. The fact that you didn’t just give up on it is something to be proud of in itself. I know plenty of people who just quit when it got hard, so props to you for deciding to just go indoor. Indoor brings new struggles, but it sounds like you’ve made up your mind to find success, so that’s what really matters.

I’ve killed more plants than I’d like to admit, even this morning having to throw away my entire batch of clones because I fucked up. Nature can be a fickle bitch for sure. Good luck on this next round
Thanks man. If I had come here sooner I may have been able to avoid it. I couldn’t have done anything about the rain that came in unexpected though. Without the rot they’d still be out there. I know it’s going to be challenging but I am determined. I have already learned so much that would have made me a better caretaker. I also know there is help when I run into problems. I’m going slow. I researched and asked for a week before I ordered anything. That’s an accomplishment too. I can be very impulsive and after losing them, I’m pretty proud I slowed down, realizing it has to be done right. Thank you for the encouragement. A few crops down the road and hopefully I’ll have gained some helpful knowledge for others. ✌️

Beza

Beza

Very nice!

Gonna have to try again myself someday. I quit growing outdoors because live in desert SW and been bad drought and even spraying constantly the bugs still attack. Drought here might be over so maybe next year. Even my roses eaten alive out here it's crazy. Never seen it like this.

ZODD.

ZODD.

Very nice!

Gonna have to try again myself someday. I quit growing outdoors because live in desert SW and been bad drought and even spraying constantly the bugs still attack. Drought here might be over so maybe next year. Even my roses eaten alive out here it's crazy. Never seen it like this.
Bud worms are a problem I check every plant every couple days EVERY luscious bud!

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Started May 3rd from seed.
I’d love to have that fence and a constant sunny spot. I was going to put up a temp just garden fence but by mid august still hadn’t done it. It was totally out in the middle of my back yard for the best longest sun. The better sun is in the front yard. Once legal thats where I’d go Still need the fence though. The NY growing law effective date is unknown and stupid. It’s written as 3 mature plants per person in house, but not until 18 months after first public dispensary. I’m glad it allows for seedling and veg plants too, but the time frame is stupid. It took Massachusetts at least 2 years to open dispensaries.

ZODD.

ZODD.

I’d love to have that fence and a constant sunny spot. I was going to put up a temp just garden fence but by mid august still hadn’t done it. It was totally out in the middle of my back yard for the best longest sun. The better sun is in the front yard. Once legal thats where I’d go Still need the fence though. The NY growing law effective date is unknown and stupid. It’s written as 3 mature plants per person in house, but not until 18 months after first public dispensary. I’m glad it allows for seedling and veg plants too, but the time frame is stupid. It took Massachusetts at least 2 years to open dispensaries.
When it becomes legal I'm going for the Alcapulco gold sativa it's going to be 12 ft tall!

ZODD.

ZODD.

When it becomes legal I'm going for the Alcapulco gold sativa it's going to be 12 ft tall!
I built this Garden area this spring I'm sitting here right now looking at all my hard work the smell of turpentine in the air these plants stink.

Rooke

Rooke

Man, I'd hate it if I had to deal with a ridiculous amount of rain honestly. As much as California needs the rain, I'm glad I don't have to deal with it honestly. Everyone's grows are looking amazing! Can't wait till I start harvesting haha, got two gals that are ready to be chopped today. Here's some pics I took last night.View attachment 1172536View attachment 1172537View attachment 1172538View attachment 1172539View attachment 1172540View attachment 1172541View attachment 1172542View attachment 1172543View attachment 1172544View attachment 1172545View attachment 1172546View attachment 1172547View attachment 1172548View attachment 1172549View attachment 1172550View attachment 1172551View attachment 1172552View attachment 1172553View attachment 1172554
Buddy those are beautiful plants you grew amazing gals this year holy fack!

ThiccHarambe

ThiccHarambe

Buddy those are beautiful plants you grew amazing gals this year holy fack!
Thanks so much rooke! I'm very pleased with how my gals turned out this year! If only smell'o'vision was a thing, they are incredibly dank and sweet at the same time! I Honestly wish I could share the end product will all of y'all! sharing my end product with friends and family is one of my most favorite things to do when it comes to growing!

Top Bottom