Let's see your 2021 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter zootallures9777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GODNYC

GODNYC

Taking a page outta @Dirtbag 's book, starting an outdoor thread for 2021!

Here in NorCal, we've had some pretty weird early/mid spring weather. Cold and dry. This is my 2nd season growing outdoor, and I learned a lot last year. Last fall, I cover cropped my 4x10 bed with crimson clover in order to pump up the N. The weekend of the Spring solstice, I chopped the cover crop and covered in Bu's Blend compost and let nature do it's thing. About 4 weeks later, I sowed seeds of various beneficials (alyssum, marigolds, zinnias). Further, I've constructed a hoop house out of EMT, about 6' tall in the center. Covered in poly. The caterpillars pissed me off royally last year so covering my plants this year was essential. They seem to love it! Onto my plants.

I have 3 healthy plants going right now, adding a 4th this weekend. Popped seeds March 17, planted in the bed April 17. In hindsight, I would have waited a couple extra weeks and potted up from 4" to 1 gal pots before planting them in the bed, but I got antsy.

From front to back: Orange Bud (Fem, Homegrown Cannabis), Syrian Hashplant (Reg, Seedsman), "Jazz Cabbage" (Mother is Harlequin CBD, Father is ???? - found 3 seeds in my harvest last year and I got 1 lady out of it based on Phylos sex test). Jazz Cabbage is VIGOROUS. The fan leaves are massive. I've topped both the Jazz Cabbage and the Syrian, each once. I haven't topped the Orange Bud yet because it was off to a really slow start. It's happy now.

View attachment 1126311View attachment 1126310
They are looking beautiful; I’m a first time grower contemplating whether to plant mine outdoors to or to keep them indoor due to the crazy weather here in NYS.

DC8B556E 40D5 4AA4 A306 A766093B100B
Madbud

Madbud

They are looking beautiful; I’m a first time grower contemplating whether to plant mine outdoors to or to keep them indoor due to the crazy weather here in NYS.
Its basically an outdoor plant, mine withstand wind, rain and 40° temps no problem. That said, do you want a mammal or a dinosaur. Indoors you control temp, light, humidity. Outdoors everything wants to eat your babies.

Rooke

Rooke

Hey y’all let the outdoor games begin! So happy to see how things are greening up every where, such awesome work y’all !!!! I’m just about finished my hardening. I normally have them out 2 weeks sooner but the weather was too fucked up kinda glad I waited now. One more day of 1/2 sun then full sun about to transplant again it’s time.

07FC98B5 5F79 4E87 9DC5 EA7FEA2C1541
B66601EB 56F2 461C AE66 812BBA0EF81B
724B2FBA A8C5 44B4 B1A4 430DDE9B3ED8
CC3CAC57 153F 47C4 AD15 83A96895A842
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hey y’all let the outdoor games begin! So happy to see how things are greening up every where, such awesome work y’all !!!! I’m just about finished my hardening. I normally have them out 2 weeks sooner but the weather was too fucked up kinda glad I waited now. One more day of 1/2 sun then full sun about to transplant again it’s time.
Best of luck for your grow looking good so far . Od

crackers

crackers

heya cracker!! What a nice spread you have there and your plants look amazing too your going to have your hands full of it come fall Keep the sunny side up!!!
Thanks Rooke, it’s been 3 years in the making. I’m a one man band and it’s going to be a grip of work come harvest, but that’s a high class problem and no one ever drowned in sweat. Also who ever says growing is easy is mistaken it’s hard work in the sun and lots of it.

crackers

crackers

Looking good!

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Found this growing wild under evergreens. Was topped by the lawn mower once😂. Pulled out a few every year since we moved. Amazed it keeps coming back. I may take a clone and see what the genetics are like. Probably just the wild Hemp that was grown in the area long ago.
IMG 20210613 111923827
IMG 20210613 112000884
IMG 20210613 111933222

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
CanadianMillenialGrower

CanadianMillenialGrower

Found this growing wild under evergreens. Was topped by the lawn mower once😂. Pulled out a few every year since we moved. Amazed it keeps coming back. I may take a clone and see what the genetics are like. Probably just the wild Hemp that was grown in the area long ago.View attachment 1135155View attachment 1135158View attachment 1135156
That's crazy! Might as well try and grow a clone out to see what it's like. What area do you live in that they used to grow hemp there a long time ago?

Latest posts

Top Bottom