Let's see your 2021 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter zootallures9777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm across the river from Sarnia. You aren't kidding about plants being stressed this year. The unseasonably warm temps and high humidity have made this season very challenging. My sole remaining female looks to be revegging and throwing all sorts of 1, 3, and 5-lobed leaves. I'm just hoping the weather lets up some and I'm able to salvage something from her. 😕
i’m in the sarnia area and my plants are fine, weather is fine, no issues, though mine are in the wide open.
i don’t see any issues on any of my buddies plants either or yet!!
looking after about 20 plants in different locations.. all perfect so far..
good luck to all

Badcableman

Badcableman

i’m in the sarnia area and my plants are fine, weather is fine, no issues, though mine are in the wide open.
i don’t see any issues on any of my buddies plants either or yet!!
looking after about 20 plants in different locations.. all perfect so far..
good luck to all
Good to hear! IMHO, my stunted and stressed plant is the result of many factors and poor choices made on my part. Mother Nature can be a fickle mistress. 🤷🤐

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

Sole remaining female from this year's (very first) grow. Sadly, she seems to be in reveg. Plants have been horribly stressed from heat & humidity this season. It's been a real challenge. Throwing all sorts of 1, 3, and 5-lobed leaves. Hopefully she snaps out of it and recovers enough to get at least something from her.
Your soil looks like it might have poor drainage. If you are keeping her feet soaked all the time she may have a hissy

Badcableman

Badcableman

ever cross over to sarnia?
Not in many years, I'm afraid. Pre-9/11 used to make an annual pilgrimage to Toronto (took VIA from Port Huron) during Canadian Thanksgiving. Always a great time and fun trip. Saw Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages. Sadly, the post-9/11 border crossing restrictions and the cessation of the Chicago - Port Huron - Toronto Amtrak & VIA service pretty much put an end to that. Not a big fan of the BWB and CBP. Let's not even talk about pandemic border closings. Canada is a beautiful country... especially the Atlantic Maritimes.

Badcableman

Badcableman

Your soil looks like it might have poor drainage. If you are keeping her feet soaked all the time she may have a hissy
It's entirely possible. There are (6) 1" holes in the bottom of the buckets. I water using common sense and go by weight, heft, feel, and wx conditions. I'll give her a good watering and get about 10% runoff then let her dry out a bit. Still learning. The photos may look "wet" since I top dressed with worm castings and lightly watered just prior to taking the photos.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Not in many years, I'm afraid. Pre-9/11 used to make an annual pilgrimage to Toronto (took VIA from Port Huron) during Canadian Thanksgiving. Always a great time and fun trip. Saw Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages. Sadly, the post-9/11 border crossing restrictions and the cessation of the Chicago - Port Huron - Toronto Amtrak & VIA service pretty much put an end to that. Not a big fan of the BWB and CBP. Let's not even talk about pandemic border closings. Canada is a beautiful country... especially the Atlantic Maritimes.
haha oh i hear ya.
i haven’t been over there in yrs but i just discovered at 54 yrs old that i have a sister that lives just over the border and a brother in toronto, so i’ll be over at some point..

kevinfever

kevinfever

I'm across the river from Sarnia. You aren't kidding about plants being stressed this year. The unseasonably warm temps and high humidity have made this season very challenging. My sole remaining female looks to be revegging and throwing all sorts of 1, 3, and 5-lobed leaves. I'm just hoping the weather lets up some and I'm able to salvage something from her. 😕
so much rain all my plant have split in half at some point
20210731 180054
20210731 180157
20210731 180234
20210731 180414

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

southern ontario my plants are starting my bubba kush is coming on faster then the rest but it has been stressed out , normally i wouldn't see much until next week
Van Isle here. Big stretch going on Texada Time Warp setting flower Purple kush (will I ever learn) stretch and possible pre flower the other ones are dooble dables, who knows what but having a big stretch. And then the hail storm hit last night. I will sort out the damage today.

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

It's entirely possible. There are (6) 1" holes in the bottom of the buckets. I water using common sense and go by weight, heft, feel, and wx conditions. I'll give her a good watering and get about 10% runoff then let her dry out a bit. Still learning. The photos may look "wet" since I top dressed with worm castings and lightly watered just prior to taking the photos.
I use lots of perlite, it is a great cheater for lazy f*cks like me. Oh yeah and no rocks or gravels n the bottom please.

Badcableman

Badcableman

I use lots of perlite, it is a great cheater for lazy f*cks like me. Oh yeah and no rocks or gravels n the bottom please.
The soil I used this year is organic potting soil and organic top soil amended with Jobe's Organic Tomato Food. I top dressed with organic worm castings a couple of days ago. It seems to be a fairly good mix... Drains well, but doesn't seem to dry out unusually quickly like a cactus or succulent mix would. Still learning...

ThiccHarambe

ThiccHarambe

Thought I'd share a little update!
IMG 20210808 182037 236

This gal is over 7 feet tall! It's almost like she can't make up her mind if she wants to keep stretching or start flowering lol
IMG 20210808 182037 324

This one is insanely bushy! She's about a week or two into flower
IMG 20210808 182037 371

IMG 20210808 182037 405

IMG 20210808 182037 433

SFV OG
IMG 20210808 182037 459

GG
IMG 20210808 182037 478

These two here are both almost 7ft tall as well
IMG 20210808 182037 492
IMG 20210808 182037 514

IMG 20210808 182037 530
PXL 20210809 011747197

Texasdigger35

Texasdigger35

So was it the weight of the rain plus wind that caused the break or were they tied off doing lst and broke? All of my breaks this year were the latter. Pulling down branches doing low stress training and all it took was too much wind n broke some branches that were tied off to pot. Ive been thinking about how to prevent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom