Let's see your 2021 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter zootallures9777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SC69

SC69

Supporter
Taking a page outta @Dirtbag 's book, starting an outdoor thread for 2021!

Here in NorCal, we've had some pretty weird early/mid spring weather. Cold and dry. This is my 2nd season growing outdoor, and I learned a lot last year. Last fall, I cover cropped my 4x10 bed with crimson clover in order to pump up the N. The weekend of the Spring solstice, I chopped the cover crop and covered in Bu's Blend compost and let nature do it's thing. About 4 weeks later, I sowed seeds of various beneficials (alyssum, marigolds, zinnias). Further, I've constructed a hoop house out of EMT, about 6' tall in the center. Covered in poly. The caterpillars pissed me off royally last year so covering my plants this year was essential. They seem to love it! Onto my plants.

I have 3 healthy plants going right now, adding a 4th this weekend. Popped seeds March 17, planted in the bed April 17. In hindsight, I would have waited a couple extra weeks and potted up from 4" to 1 gal pots before planting them in the bed, but I got antsy.

From front to back: Orange Bud (Fem, Homegrown Cannabis), Syrian Hashplant (Reg, Seedsman), "Jazz Cabbage" (Mother is Harlequin CBD, Father is ???? - found 3 seeds in my harvest last year and I got 1 lady out of it based on Phylos sex test). Jazz Cabbage is VIGOROUS. The fan leaves are massive. I've topped both the Jazz Cabbage and the Syrian, each once. I haven't topped the Orange Bud yet because it was off to a really slow start. It's happy now.

View attachment 1126311View attachment 1126310
First timer here in Cap region of NY. Was supposed to have guidance but life happens. It was a bad summer too. Lots of clouds, rain, horrible humidity. Not legal to grow yet (dumb) and I never did get the fence up. I didn’t really touch them other than to pull off yellow leaves (which had me freaked out) I’ve learned a lot though.

294BC16A 07BF 40A6 B121 1E571F060B4F
D7D080F8 1A6D 48C4 893C 173AE3C29C30
39E6F418 9A4D 4900 828F F54C679825ED
EE63CAD3 E429 4749 A856 ED377453ABAD
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
We've had some very sporadic weather here so thats definitely a variable...Ive rarely seen Pink pistils in Indoor runs and do connect it to certain varieties and environmental conditions...
It does seem to happen more often OD and on varieties where they seem over nitrated to start...But atm I'm working on a theory to test this...Which is trying to re-balance the plant to start..
Reason I suggest this is also cause of the extreme amount of excess foliage along with the very deep green reserved N....
I tend to study all sorts of traits and anomalies which others may connect to their own views in ways...Sadly this expression is showing on 2 of the varieties that are unknown and are just being run out..
So for myself I do follow the same mantality as you mentioned and at the same time I'm testing those and some of my own theories...stay tuned
FOE20
Yea, no doubt N could very well be involved. If you look at N's ion charge at -3- an look at the periodic table, you'll notice that phosphorus (main flowering element) sit's right below it at -3 also. Both have the same 5 valence electrons. P has 2 electrons in the 3s subshell and 3 electrons in the 3p subshell. N can have either 3 or 5 valence electrons because it can bond in the outer 2p and 2s orbitals. So they are elements that have very similar ionic properties, an with either excess, or mutations, or perhaps even variations in temperature or environmental factors, could all well be contributing factors.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, as you say bro, and were all looking into a prism from a different vantagepoint. I suspect in the OD setting there's an oxidative, possibly UV thingy at play here, and where not always even seeing the same thing, with all purples. It's all rather speculative. lol
Np

Last edited:
FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
i think its just the young pistles, i have had magenta ones and pink ones even some almost red ones, some seem to be pretty greenish as well, and of course the standard bright white ones. imo its just young healthy pistles
Werd....Im just watching them develop atm...but Im with you on possibly young, but our plants are past budset here..But I guess what has me continuing to watch it is there are both white and pink pistils...
I would consider it a more locked in trait if it started right at budset and stayed consistent....But for now Im just seeing what happends next,...stayin tuned
FOE20

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Yea, no doubt N could very well be involved. If you look at N's ion charge at -3- an look at the periodic table, you'll notice that phosphorus (main flowering element) sit's right below it at -3 also. Both have the same 5 valence electrons. P has 2 electrons in the 3s subshell and 3 electrons in the 3p subshell. N can have either 3 or 5 valence electrons because it can bond in the outer 2p and 2s orbitals. So they are elements that have very similar ionic properties, an with either excess, or mutations, or perhaps even variations in temperature or environmental factors, could all well be contributing factors.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, as you say bro, and were all looking into a prism from a different vantagepoint. I suspect in the OD setting there's an oxidative, possibly UV thingy at play here, and where not always even seeing the same thing, with all purples. It's all rather speculative. lol
View attachment 1170821
Ok im way to high for that......😁
But Im hoping my local up in Co does give the effect profiles more intensity...
FOE20

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

First timer here in Cap region of NY. Was supposed to have guidance but life happens. It was a bad summer too. Lots of clouds, rain, horrible humidity. Not legal to grow yet (dumb) and I never did get the fence up. I didn’t really touch them other than to pull off yellow leaves (which had me freaked out) I’ve learned a lot though.
You've got a successful grow under your belt now. It may be life being kind to you that it wasn't someone else that did this and maybe it turned out better without help.

Life happens and this turned out well.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
You've got a successful grow under your belt now. It may be life being kind to you that it wasn't someone else that did this and maybe it turned out better without help.

Life happens and this turned out well.
Thank you, so much. I’m going to buy a loupe as soon as I wake up a bit. Did manage to fall asleep a couple hours.

dbrzz

dbrzz

Taking a page outta @Dirtbag 's book, starting an outdoor thread for 2021!

Here in NorCal, we've had some pretty weird early/mid spring weather. Cold and dry. This is my 2nd season growing outdoor, and I learned a lot last year. Last fall, I cover cropped my 4x10 bed with crimson clover in order to pump up the N. The weekend of the Spring solstice, I chopped the cover crop and covered in Bu's Blend compost and let nature do it's thing. About 4 weeks later, I sowed seeds of various beneficials (alyssum, marigolds, zinnias). Further, I've constructed a hoop house out of EMT, about 6' tall in the center. Covered in poly. The caterpillars pissed me off royally last year so covering my plants this year was essential. They seem to love it! Onto my plants.

I have 3 healthy plants going right now, adding a 4th this weekend. Popped seeds March 17, planted in the bed April 17. In hindsight, I would have waited a couple extra weeks and potted up from 4" to 1 gal pots before planting them in the bed, but I got antsy.

From front to back: Orange Bud (Fem, Homegrown Cannabis), Syrian Hashplant (Reg, Seedsman), "Jazz Cabbage" (Mother is Harlequin CBD, Father is ???? - found 3 seeds in my harvest last year and I got 1 lady out of it based on Phylos sex test). Jazz Cabbage is VIGOROUS. The fan leaves are massive. I've topped both the Jazz Cabbage and the Syrian, each once. I haven't topped the Orange Bud yet because it was off to a really slow start. It's happy now.

View attachment 1126311View attachment 1126310

ThiccHarambe

ThiccHarambe

A guy has to do what he's got to doView attachment 1169542
Glad I'm not the only one with this issue hahaha. Some of my ladies are getting so heavy. Had one plant snap completely in half due to weight and I taped the living shit out of her hahahah. Thankfully saved her. Had to do this again with my SFV OG plant a couple days ago as well, nugs are getting so dense and heavy the wind made her snap in half as well and I also taped the crap out of her and saved her as well thankfully haha.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I’m testing quite a few new strains out. My gooeytang is killing it as usual. Ethos not too shabby either. I wanted to put ethos, pacific, and mine to the test. I’m surprised, pacific is supposed to be terrible and some of it doesn’t look too bad. I uploaded one pic of their freebie blueberry cheesecake(bcc). Purple mayhem is stellar as usual. It’s one of the parents of Gooeytang( no purple phenos though) Gooeytang and tangerine power 2.0 insane terps again and again. Not sure all the new stuff I’m trying out will all make it through the season. I was trying to keep my crop a little lower, 24 plant count is enough for my personal. I think I have 20 or so this year. The purple majik pheno with the most purple looks to finish first. Or maybe the random spout that just popped up and I kept it going. Fun times great oldies.

C0D94168 A128 4A36 BD9E 8B12C16C0018
2BB23AE1 B7EB 46A2 9CC1 179659DCFAAB
27C0DAB4 C0FB 44BF 9607 552FA7338F87
C03D015C 52C6 4896 BAFE D0434CF3F5E6
396FFC90 92A7 43AA B878 8FEAD53037FE
B1F92C6F A19E 48A6 98AC 20BD0B6A3C4D
E1DD9551 0082 4F05 91A0 1023BC183106
906F4D71 C065 47A5 BE7C 3D77FA344381
72A45B97 9D05 4896 AC68 5AE3CDB361C1
272A4939 B63E 4CA2 9543 9D5399F2F5DF
6D96C742 E6B9 44A8 BE68 C6C5F6163BA4
C5F8089D 7194 40A9 A9CC C00631839B8E