Let's see your 2023 outdoor grow!

• Thread starter shaganja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Learningdetroit

I may pick one up and give it a try. Was thinking about it.
You can find them for $10~ just make sure you have it on the wood setting. I tend to start pulling off stalks at around 12%.

Stealing this quote from someone else that was posted elsewhere that we had a conversation about the meters.

“Put it in wood mode.

Use one hand to hold the bud and the other hand to apply the moisture meter.

You are going for below 15% to start stabilizing in jars or bags. 10–12% is a good range.

You'll find that buds which didn't feel quite right actually were and vice versa.

Don’t bother paying extra for “canna meters” they are just wood meters with marijuana branding the $70 Triminator version. That's the same as the $20 General MM1E except it says "0420" on it.”

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You can find them for $10~ just make sure you have it on the wood setting. I tend to start pulling off stalks at around 12%.

Stealing this quote from someone else that was posted elsewhere that we had a conversation about the meters.

Put it in wood mode.

You are going for below 15% to start stabilizing in jars or bags. 10–12% is a good range.

You'll find that buds which didn't feel quite right actually were and vice versa.

Don't bother with the $70 Triminator version. That's the same as the $20 General MM1E except it says "0420" on it.”
Right on! Thanks for the info! I’ll get one headed this way. Are you still in the ground, Detroit?

L

Learningdetroit

Right on! Thanks for the info! I’ll get one headed this way. Are you still in the ground, Detroit?
Wish I wasn’t in the ground still I want this stuff to be done so I can keep my ass in the warm house. 1 left at my house, 4 left at my other house. Probably going to just take everything next week done or not tonight raining with a low of 31.

Photos from earlier today been waiting for tris to cloud up but I think the cold is severely hindering that.

IMG 0016

IMG 0015

IMG 0017

IMG 0019

IMG 0018
IMG 0020
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I hear you! I will probably do a partial tomorrow or Sunday. And see if I can push the rest till the full moon! Just for the halibut! Overall, the buds look pretty done, but the trichs still look a little too sparkly for my taste! Decisions, decisions! The weather here looks good for the next 10 days. 91 here today! I just couldn’t resist! Lol.

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I’ll have to get one, easier to check more buds, thanks. How do you use it on popcorn and trim?
Would you need to with that size stuff though? Can’t imagine it being useful there. Definitely for donkers though. Maybe? It would suck to see someone use one go to the jar and end up bitten. It’s definitely interesting though. This knucklehead is curious…..🤔

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Would you need to with that size stuff though? Can’t imagine it being useful there. Definitely for donkers though. Maybe? It would suck to see someone use one go to the jar and end up bitten. It’s definitely interesting though. This knucklehead is curious…..🤔
Just another conundrum to deal with when it arrives! In a hobby frought with conundrums! The popcorn and trim probably don’t matter that much! Probably all going into the crockpot anyway! Or the rice cooker! Or through the screens!😆

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Just another conundrum to deal with when it arrives! In a hobby frought with conundrums! The popcorn and trim probably don’t matter that much! Probably all going into the crockpot anyway! Or the rice cooker! Or through the screens!😆
Decision time!!!!!!
I vote grenades. They dry stuff right? 😂

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

“Put it in wood mode.

Don’t bother paying extra for “canna meters” they are just wood meters with marijuana branding the $70 Triminator version. That's the same as the $20 General MM1E except it says "0420" on it.”
“Put it in wood mode” 😂😂😂😂

L

Learningdetroit

With any branches I use it on I want to get a few readings once I find it’s consistent over a few multiple areas of the stalk I go ahead and process. But if my big tops are good to go my smaller stuff is definitely good to to go if not a little late.

I know people don’t need to use the meters, hell maybe that weighing method is a good way to go

After a few really successful grows,you can probably just use the meter your mother gave you. Aka your hands and eyes.

Before I started using a meter I’d screw up and end up with jars of hay fever.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
With any branches I use it on I want to get a few readings once I find it’s consistent over a few multiple areas of the stalk I go ahead and process. But if my big tops are good to go my smaller stuff is definitely good to to go if not a little late.

I know people don’t need to use the meters, hell maybe that weighing method is a good way to go

After a few really successful grows,you can probably just use the meter your mother gave you. Aka your hands and eyes.

Before I started using a meter I’d screw up and end up with jars of hay fever.
Always a nice option to have! Can’t have too much information! I partial harvest! So I may have five different strains harvested at five different times hanging! And my dumb ass will invariably lose track of what, and when.

Latest posts

Top Bottom