Let's See Your Frostiest Flowers

• Thread starter hammerhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Peyote cookies from barneys farm. 11/13 from seed day 30 since the first flower clusters. The leaves are all purplish black now. And buds just look white 🙂
E3E8BB8F 1BDF 4FD5 8F17 5BFF29AADB47

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
They live on opposite sides of the world.

And they re plant hundreds of them and find the ones they are looking for. Breeders have re released and made many new strains this way for a long time.

Properly bred feminized seeds have a few common phenos like any other properly bred regular male and female plants. With the numbers those guys plant they can find what they are looking for.

Im not here to advertise but the breeder Im talking about has history and experience in the industry at a very high level. He was also part of the successful medical movement in Mendocino in the beginning. And im pretty sure he went underground with the old famous guys in europe when they shut down the dispensaries years ago.

I have been growing his fem seeds for years. They are consistent and bred from some amazing older genetics.

Look at my thread. I have posted many examples already.
And that is all fine and dandy but... Have you ever grown any of shanti’s cuts that you have purchase s1 seeds of? If not then you have nothing to compare it too.
I’ve grown and smoked many clone only’s and the s1’s that came from them. The fact of the matter is the s1’s are bigger, shinier:D, thicker solid stems but they don’t tick my boxes likethe originals do.
If they make you happy then that’s fantastic.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And that is all fine and dandy but... Have you ever grown any of shanti’s cuts that you have purchase s1 seeds of? If not then you have nothing to compare it too.
I’ve grown and smoked many clone only’s and the s1’s that came from them. The fact of the matter is the s1’s are bigger, shinier:D, thicker solid stems but they don’t tick my boxes likethe originals do.
If they make you happy then that’s fantastic.

The genetics I am growing regularly are not s-1’s of supposedly elite cuts. I merely said i was gifted some and the breeders trade and gift these to each other and they have been used in strains responsible for your dear cuts for years.

Why do you comment on my experience without knowing me? I have been involved with this shit since the early 80’s.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
The genetics I am growing regularly are not s-1’s of supposedly elite cuts. I merely said i was gifted some and the breeders trade and gift these to each other and they have been used in strains responsible for your dear cuts for years.

Why do you comment on my experience without knowing me? I have been involved with this shit since the early 80’s.
Your experience is hear say, you could be growing the beans these growers were going to throw in the trash, who knows. this is a grow forum and i am pretty sure commenting on growers experience is common so let’s not pretend I’m picking you out of the crowd.
I commented on fem seeds and you got offended because you don’t like my opinion. You will just have to get over it. It’s ok for people to not agree on something. Your old enough to understand that.
So don’t pretend I’m not knowledgeable to comment on your experience. Back and forth, it’s called a conversation.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Your experience is hear say, you could be growing the beans these growers were going to throw in the trash, who knows. this is a grow forum and i am pretty sure commenting on growers experience is common so let’s not pretend I’m picking you out of the crowd.
I commented on fem seeds and you got offended because you don’t like my opinion. You will just have to get over it. It’s ok for people to not agree on something. Your old enough to understand that.
So don’t pretend I’m not knowledgeable to comment on your experience. Back and forth, it’s called a conversation.

Fair enough. Im sorry I got offended. We have chatted many times without angst. I have always respected you and your amazing grow.

You are still making claims about my experience though.

The fact that fem seeds have been passed around between famous breeders is just that. A fact. And they tend to keep the seeds in case they want to re stock or re work their own plants.

It is even suggested to do in all the classic grow books to save genetics.

And there is no hearsay. I got the beans i mentioned from a well known breeder like I said. And he got them from shanti. He has worked with him and his genetics for years.

He has no reason to lie to me. I didnt even ask him for them. And he sent them from spain on his own time and money. He sent me some other euro bred commercial bulk seeds of critical mass to compare with shantis and ch9’s cross.

Bulk seed business is booming and yes, resellers re name and lie about them all the time. I agree it is difficult to know what you are really getting in this market.

Caution to seed buyers. Dispensaries are the bulk seed sellers main customers. They repackage the seeds for retail sales. They will label them with a popular strain name.

Buyer beware.

I find the clone only business just as crooked.

S-1’s can surely be like the mother. Or can be different. But they are not a “piece” of the genetic code as you say. They have all the possibilities of the mother. Just not the original fathers diversity.

They will have a narrower set of results than regs and the plants can differ like any seeds.

Just to add

I dont know anyone personally with any for sure clones. But they are all convinced they have the real one.

I get your point and opinion.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Did I stumble upon some political thread? Lol. Hey, I have another beauty blueberry to show. Not sure if it's a s-1 or from a batch of incorrectly marketed bulk seed bag, but it's sweet smelling and nice to look at. 😂🤣😂🤣 I can assure you it came from a fem seed from Canuk and this is the first batch of clones from her. Does that make it a s-1 or a z-56? Not sure about the genetic science. 😅😅 In all fun boys, let's grow and support each other. Set the egos aside.

8 wks

IMG 20190425 020136548
IMG 20190425 020252631
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Did I stumble upon some political thread? Lol. Hey, I have another beauty blueberry to show. Not sure if it's a s-1 or from a batch of incorrectly marketed bulk seed bag, but it's sweet smelling and nice to look at. 😂🤣😂🤣 I can assure you it came from a fem seed from Canuk and this is the first batch of clones from her. Does that make it a s-1 or a z-56? Not sure about the genetic science. 😅😅 In all fun boys, let's grow and support each other. Set the egos aside.

8 wks

Lol. And sorry about that. But it isnt ego it is about factual information.

Man that double top on that bud is cool!

It is a beautiful flower. Great work!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
They will have a narrower set of results than regs and the plants can differ like any seeds.
They also have a much higher chance of going hermie.:D And I think that’s why I don’t see much of s1ing of s1’s. The more you self them the more herms ya get.
I never take anything my growers friends say with anything more then a grain of salt. Just like grower’s growing advice.. I never once met a grower that doesn’t toot his own horn and exaggerate their stories. It’s the nature of the beast. Didn’t you ever play that game where you sit in a circle and tell the person next to you a story then they tell the next person and by the time it comes back around the whole story changed.lol

Srenots

Srenots

8 wks
its prob an S1 from Canuk....the fact that u took a clone from it doesnt change that.....now what u have is a clone from an S1....hope this helps....the info on seedfinder doesnt say anything about S1 or S10 or in between.....so prob is first selfed cross so would be S1, heres the info

https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Blueberry/Canuk_Seeds/

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

its prob an S1 from Canuk....the fact that u took a clone from it doesnt change that.....now what u have is a clone from an S1....hope this helps....the info on seedfinder doesnt say anything about S1 or S10 or in between.....so prob is first selfed cross so would be S1, heres the info

https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Blueberry/Canuk_Seeds/
I was being a complete sarcastic ars about the genetic thing, but I will totally check out that link. It's been something I've wanted to learn a little about. Thanks.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Lol. And sorry about that. But it isnt ego it is about factual information.

Man that double top on that bud is cool!

It is a beautiful flower. Great work!
No prob on the thread. It's all beyond me when you guys start talking the real technical shit and basically becomes entertainment for me. 😂🤣 Yeah thanks. This one turned out pretty nice. Bud structure really long and sativa like. Very bulbous and gnarly colas. This is when I wish I had a better camera.

MBVapester

MBVapester

8 wks
Them are some nice looking and healthy looking colas there. Well done.

Top Bottom