Let's See Your Frostiest Flowers

• Thread starter hammerhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Little better photos of spitting cobra x dosido#9
This is what I care about the most. Seeing that frost, not the bud size, big is better, but not if it isn't potent. Our strains have very similar look to them, kush genetics? Yours has a little more of that purple leaf color, but that's largely temperature dependent, and I'm running a bit warmer in there of late, maybe 75-78f on average, I think.

Nice dense medium "egg" sized nuggets. Frankenstein Auto.

IMG 20201115 191413
IMG 20201115 191356
IMG 20201115 191351
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

This is what I care about the most. Seeing that frost, not the bud size, big is better, but not if it isn't potent. Our strains have very similar look to them, kush genetics? Yours has a little more of that purple leaf color, but that's largely temperature dependent, and I'm running a bit warmer in there of late, maybe 75-78f on average, I think.

Nice dense medium "egg" sized nuggets. Frankenstein Auto.
LED right?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
LED right?
Yes, LED

Purple haze all in my brain. As much as I bitched and complained about this plant, it turned out well. Small is not always a bad thing, there's much for me to learn about morphology. I really like the compactness and density of this plant Not many seeds on it so far, but a few, hopefully a few of those buds are loaded, I got at least a few dozen, minimum.

The smell is simply phenomenal, and it's a deep earthy pungent smoke (the kind you expect with purple, but this plant isn't purple) that if you take too much, you'll cough for sure. It's a bit on the harsh side I would say, but not in a bad way, at all, just a very heavy hitter, I am numb.

Should be interesting to see how these genetics have melt with the frankenstein, I'll probably do this one again, and breed it to itself, and keep both lines.

The frankenstein cross should correct the purple aspect, as that one is often purple at harvest. Plus, I've got a few more original seeds.

IMG 20201115 194611
Purplehaze
Purplehaze2
Purplehaze3
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Yes, LED

Purple haze all in my brain. As much as I bitched and complained about this plant, it turned out well. Small is not always a bad thing, there's much for me to learn about morphology. I really like the compactness and density of this plant Not many seeds on it so far, but a few, hopefully a few of those buds are loaded, I got at least a few dozen, minimum.

The smell is simply phenomenal, and it's a deep earthy pungent smoke (the kind you expect with purple, but this plant isn't purple) that if you take too much, you'll cough for sure. It's a bit on the harsh side I would say, but not in a bad way, at all, just a very heavy hitter, I am numb.

Should be interesting to see how these genetics have melt with the frankenstein, I'll probably do this one again, and breed it to itself, and keep both lines.

The frankenstein cross should correct the purple aspect, as that one is often purple at harvest. Plus, I've got a few more original seeds.
Nice, whatbLED mate? Looks like those buds might have a little apinine or b for dominate terps depending on how you harvest, Just from what I’ve grown so far I grew buds that look like that and terpenes profile had dominant apinine.that is a sativa or indica?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Nice, whatbLED mate? Looks like those buds might have a little apinine or b for dominate terps depending on how you harvest, Just from what I’ve grown so far I grew buds that look like that and terpenes profile had dominant apinine.that is a sativa or indica?
It's purple haze auto by Dutch Passion. A progeny of the original Auto Mazar X purple haze. So sativa-leaning strain x indica dominate, also the seeds have been crossed with my frankenstein, so again my choice close to it's OG/Afghani origins.

I don't think too much sativa mixes well with the breeding I'm doing TBH, if anything I want strains with no more than 5-10%, at highest. Too many weird things can/do happen. I'll stick with things that work.

I do have to say I enjoy the sweet smells, for example the thai auto I made, I'm interested in it's results, potency. But overall, I think keeping them within certain ratio's will help ensure potency and size, density. I don't want small producers.

There's obviously something very different on the purple haze terpenes, way more of a head high, almost mind numbing.

Last edited:
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

It's purple haze auto by Dutch Passion. A progeny of the original Auto Mazar X purple haze. So sativa-leaning strain x indica dominate, also the seeds have been crossed with my frankenstein, so again my choice close to it's OG/Afghani origins.

I don't think too much sativa mixes well with the breeding I'm doing TBH, if anything I want strains with no more than 5-10%, at highest. Too many weird things can/do happen. I'll stick with things that work.

I do have to say I enjoy the sweet smells, for example the thai auto I made, I'm interested in it's results, potency. But overall, I think keeping them within certain ratio's will help ensure potency and size, density. I don't want small producers.

There's obviously something very different on the purple haze terpenes, way more of a head high, almost mind numbing.

Yeah mate I’m not a fan of the Haze strain. I’m fuzzy in the head when I smoke that shizzle.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yeah mate I’m not a fan of the Haze strain. I’m fuzzy in the head when I smoke that shizzle.
Yea, it's not a "go to work" strain, that's fo sure. This is a vegetative strain, makes you think like the plant.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Yea, it's not a "go to work" strain, that's fo sure. This is a vegetative strain, makes you think like the plant.
Perfect for slamming down some code... checkout the lineage of Hazeman's Astro Kush. I've got some of that coming up through veg now. Really cant wait to taste that lol :)))

Dude do you have any photo versions of your stuff or is it all auto?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Perfect for slamming down some code... checkout the lineage of Hazeman's Astro Kush. I've got some of that coming up through veg now. Really cant wait to taste that lol :)))

Dude do you have any photo versions of your stuff or is it all auto?
Yea, that's what I really like about it, the taste. now I've fried up a bunch of hickory smoked thick cut bacon and eating it plain. 12MN, That's the kind of stoned it is for me. Sumatra or Ethiopian coffee, I'm big on flavors, of almost all kinds. Blueberries, apples, fruits, nuts, garlic, and lots of peppers, whatever. I have a very diverse diet, organic foods.

I really like a little spice in life, and I think you are what you eat. Just how we feed the plants. Junk in, junk out.

Yes, I keep all the photo version of vast majority of it. I need it for back-crossing purposes, potentially. I think it's useful, but so far, I've been using f1's to do just that, and they've been more than adequate, but many of the f1's have the entire genome anyhow, they are "photo's" in their own right, just not the progenitor.

I think the key is keeping those plants that flower nice and long. Some of these other genetics I've seen, the flowering times are far too short, you can't make really nice oil production without enough flowering time, that's a kinda a no brainer I would think. 7 weeks of flower is not enough, you need closer to 8-9 weeks, to get that really good oil production, I think.

It's tempting to go the short route, but I think an extra 7 or 10 days of flower is actually a plus, not a minus. Plus, I think there's things that can be done to extend flowering cycles, to get the most of them. Harvesting in layers pays off well with some plants. I think there's a lot of misinformation out there about some of these autos, and that people have a bad experience, once, then see it as a waste of time, effort,

They think something that's not true. There's huge potential in some of these strains, but you got to know what your holding in your hands.

Last edited:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Yea, that's what I really like about it, the taste. now I've fried up a bunch of hickory smoked thick cut bacon and eating it plain. 12MN, That's the kind of stoned it is for me. Sumatra or Ethiopian coffee, I'm big on flavors, of almost all kinds. Blueberries, apples, fruits, nuts, garlic, and lots of peppers, whatever. I have a very diverse diet, organic foods.

I really like a little spice in life, and I think you are what you eat. Just how we feed the plants. Junk in, junk out.

Yes, I keep all the photo version of vast majority of it. I need it for back-crossing purposes, potentially. I think it's useful, but so far, I've been using f1's to do just that, and they've been more than adequate, but many of the f1's have the entire genome anyhow, they are "photo's" in their own right, just not the progenitor.

I think the key is keeping those plants that flower nice and long. Some of these other genetics I've seen, the flowering times are far too short, you can't make really nice oil production without enough flowering time, that's a kinda a no brainer I would think. 7 weeks of flower is not enough, you need closer to 8-9 weeks, to get that really good oil production, I think.

It's tempting to go the short route, but I think an extra 7 or 10 days of flower is actually a plus, not a minus. Plus, I think there's things that can be done to extend flowering cycles, to get the most of them. Harvesting in layers pays off well with some plants. I think there's a lot of misinformation out there about some of these autos, and that people have a bad experience, once, then see it as a waste of time, effort,

They think something that's not true. There's huge potential in some of these strains, but you got to know what your holding in your hands.

Coffee. There is only one coffee in my house. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. The certified kind. And it is ambrosia. Expensive but worth every penny. I use a k-pod single cup brewing machine for it or a French Press. Usually the k-pod unless we have company. Wife is a tea drinker so... a pound of this will last me a couple of weeks. Cheaper than Starbucks, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Look this breeding thing? Idk man. At the beginning of the year I was going to breed the tits off the universe. And at the end of it? Eh not so much. I have a couple of small scale breeding projects. Won't bore you with any more HSC talk. But check out the lineage on the strain by Hazeman - Astro Kush. That should make you jump a little. It has a lot of classic in it. I have a male 2 females in veg. Really cool how the male expressed so early. But right I'm just making seeds of that strain, not crossing it with anything else. I also have their Killer Queen x Blowfish and LA Pure Kush. If I can get a male out of either of those, I'll stock up on these strains as well.

Now it's more about making seeds of the strains that I enjoy vs. breeding for the next hybrid. But that's me. You are on a completely different journey. I'm sort of gravitating back to the easier simpler times when pot was pot and bubblegum was errr... really bubblegum. I think if I want to get REALLY baked, a little dab will do ya :D

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Coffee. There is only one coffee in my house. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. The certified kind. And it is ambrosia. Expensive but worth every penny. I use a k-pod single cup brewing machine for it or a French Press. Usually the k-pod unless we have company. Wife is a tea drinker so... a pound of this will last me a couple of weeks. Cheaper than Starbucks, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Look this breeding thing? Idk man. At the beginning of the year I was going to breed the tits off the universe. And at the end of it? Eh not so much. I have a couple of small scale breeding projects. Won't bore you with any more HSC talk. But check out the lineage on the strain by Hazeman - Astro Kush. That should make you jump a little. It has a lot of classic in it. I have a male 2 females in veg. Really cool how the male expressed so early. But right I'm just making seeds of that strain, not crossing it with anything else. I also have their Killer Queen x Blowfish and LA Pure Kush. If I can get a male out of either of those, I'll stock up on these strains as well.

Now it's more about making seeds of the strains that I enjoy vs. breeding for the next hybrid. But that's me. You are on a completely different journey. I'm sort of gravitating back to the easier simpler times when pot was pot and bubblegum was errr... really bubblegum. I think if I want to get REALLY baked, a little dab will do ya :D
There is better coffee to be had then blue mountain hippie. And you should learn to brew with a v60 and a goose neck kettle. Brings out the best flavor in your coffee. French press is good but the flavor and texture is muddled.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

I think were on much of the same wavelength actually. I don't mind bubblegum if it's blow you mind bubblegum that's got good bones to it. It's got to check several boxes, not just taste or potency, but density, producer, size, vigor, ease of grow, resistance, all those factors are big for me, because I'm not in a grow lab whereas I can control all the variables, I was a good old school plant that performs as I expect it too and produces reliable results.

I'm big on earth, spicy or otherwise "stinky" strains, one's that other people might reach over for one of the newer strains out there. Either that, or possibly something along those lines, but with some "exotic" I enjoy, such as GG#4, (a known indica) but still checking all those boxes.

I my mind, it's only Kushes that can reliably check every box on the list, (reliably) at least form this grower's perspective. I say, stick with the kushes, because mixing anything with them is always going to produce a superior product, for the most part.

Top Bottom