Let's See Your Frostiest Flowers

• Thread starter hammerhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Black Widow x Blue Lemon Thai finishing up.

4CFB76E7 80E1 4C1F A6F0 AE29A35EA6BE
DB1CC36C 5CA8 4D55 B80C 08074B35D01B

Moshmen

Moshmen

Best investment for my growing hobby. It was a freaking bargain too but Im not sure if this company is still in business. I bought it on Ebay from a company called DIYRosin. This guy builds these kits out of parts he sources overseas. It was the cheapest rig I could find that was big enough to handle my home growing needs. I bought it around 4 years ago and I think it was around $350 then I paid I think another $150 for the 12 Ton shop press at Harbor Freight. I use it a lot to squash flower that is starting to get old. After a big harvest often months later your butts of the jars are getting stale then I will squash everything to preserve it. Older flower always comes out dark but it still tastes descent and fucks you up still has lots of THC in it. But if you want the real fire its all about the fresh runs that shit comes out straight yellow/amber like ear wax. High grade clinic herb comes out fucking superb.
View attachment 1057110

I had a bunch of leftover outdoor kush flower one season I couldn't go through my product quick enough. At the end I decided I was gonna squash all of it to prevent it from totally being wasted. Ended up going through like 3 packages of filter bags I was a straight squashing fool for 2 weekends back to back. My arms were sore at the end from cranking the press lever I felt like Arnold Schwarzenegger 💪. This puck was like 1/4 inch thick it was well over 100g once completed. This was years ago I still have about half left in my freezer, even though its dark it actually still tastes like Kush after all that time LOL

View attachment 1057142
Dab press sells a nice little unit very similar at around 350 I use regularly

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just unbelieveable, that's the prettiest thing I've ever seen.

well thank you Frankster. Appreciated. But these plants are unfortunately more nursed along than grown to potential. Does seem that the stress of the root aphids and the Botanigard drenches sure made her frosty.

Does show that all the light spectrum supplemental stuff and new diodes and all dont really add but diminishing returns in quality over an old HPS bulb. These bulbs are ushio. Usually use hortilux. Also not seeming to make a huge difference.

;-)

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
well thank you Frankster. Appreciated. But these plants are unfortunately more nursed along than grown to potential. Does seem that the stress of the root aphids and the Botanigard drenches sure made her frosty.

Does show that all the light spectrum supplemental stuff and new diodes and all dont really add but diminishing returns in quality over an old HPS bulb. These bulbs are ushio. Usually use hortilux. Also not seeming to make a huge difference.

;-)
Yea, actually I think a few bugs actually can help a grow, I don't dismiss that possibility whatsoever, I've seen that response happen with mites, actually. But mostly I think it's usually combition of spectrum, diet, genetics, conditions. I think a little stress is helpful, I'll take a little hit on yield anytime if the overall product is going to be superior, but that's just me. I'm out for the best "experience" product I can produce.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yea, actually I think a few bugs actually can help a grow, I don't dismiss that possibility whatsoever, I've seen that response happen with mites, actually. But mostly I think it's usually combition of spectrum, diet, genetics, conditions. I think a little stress is helpful, I'll take a little hit on yield anytime if the overall product is going to be superior, but that's just me.

Its a balance of all parameters the plant being limited by the worst one.

But i think with the right light for the space and a very stable hospitable environment and good gardening practice is all that is really needed to grow any strain to great potential.

i dont do anything special. The plant i showed has only ever had dyna grow foliage pro and protekt in pro mix hp vegged under mh and flowered under hps. Room kept 75-77 degrees farenheight and 50-60% relative humidity. Helps to work the lights to keep the plants happy at all stages too.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Yea, actually I think a few bugs actually can help a grow, I don't dismiss that possibility whatsoever, I've seen that response happen with mites, actually. But mostly I think it's usually combition of spectrum, diet, genetics, conditions. I think a little stress is helpful, I'll take a little hit on yield anytime if the overall product is going to be superior, but that's just me. I'm out for the best "experience" product I can produce.

Hate. Mites.

...just sayin'

Top Bottom