Let's See Your Frostiest Flowers

• Thread starter hammerhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kyfarmerb

Kyfarmerb

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Frankenstein auto, taking some samples to see if it's done. What's the verdict people. The outside tell's one story, but on the inside, I still see signs of immaturity.

IMG 20201120 031547

6665   Copy
6662   Copy
6661   Copy
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Frankenstein auto, taking some samples to see if it's done. What's the verdict people. The outside tell's one story, but on the inside, I still see signs of immaturity.

View attachment 1058057

Most of your trichs appear clear to my old eyes. You're early imo. Appears to be a fair amount of bud growth to go. Depends on the strain but I look for my bud to exceed or be equal to the majority of the sugar leaves. Meaning when I'm trimming then I'm just tipping if at all. If it ain't that way then I tend not to run it again. But in most cases I'll run my plants until the leaves fall off unless the plant sucks and isn't worth the effort. Hope this helps.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Day 46 on the c99 x Od smells like sweet pine!🌲🌲🌲
Oooooooo me likey likey strains that grow like this. Hope they twist into those tight little "roses" at the end. Imo the most beautiful form the plant can end with. Great job!!! Looking excellent.

Oh shit! I just re-read and saw the C99!!! Bro... kudos... the classics.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Most of your trichs appear clear to my old eyes. You're early imo. Appears to be a fair amount of bud growth to go. Depends on the strain but I look for my bud to exceed or be equal to the majority of the sugar leaves. Meaning when I'm trimming then I'm just tipping if at all. If it ain't that way then I tend not to run it again. But in most cases I'll run my plants until the leaves fall off unless the plant sucks and isn't worth the effort. Hope this helps.

Yea, I used to do things this way hippy, even with this very strain, I've been taking a much different approach of late, trying to keep all the foliage to the very end of harvest, keep everything growing green as possible to the very end, if it needs a bit of nitrogen, I give it, but mostly calcium, mag, phos and potassium. I give each element independently of one another. My trichomes have got a lot more oily and grow longer with this method, but it's actually extending the flowering periods longer than would be the usual case. (or in the past) I'm getting a few more week's of flower out of the plant, if I do things very carefully, and maintain at least minimal transpiration in the plant until the very end.

I watch closely for signs of over watering, especially at the end.

And yes, I think your absolutely correct, the outside looks done, but the inside still looks like it can go much further, so that's the plan. Some of the tops of these plants were harvested earlier in the week, but the plants seem to actually pick up some (growth wise) since I trimmed the really hard tips off the plants, now the understuff is getting just as hard and resin filled, it's pretty apparent, I hope I just don't crowd the field too much waiting for these to fully ripen.

I want peak ripeness, inside and out.
Oh, and they've been getting hit hard as shit with UVB, UVA, so getting that "suntan" response.

Last edited:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Yea, I used to do things this way hippy, even with this very strain, I've been taking a much different approach of late, trying to keep all the foliage to the very end of harvest, keep everything growing green as possible to the very end, if it needs a bit of nitrogen, I give it, but mostly calcium, mag, phos and potassium. I give each element independently of one another. My trichomes have got a lot more oily and grow longer with this method, but it's actually extending the flowering periods longer than would be the usual case. (or in the past) I'm getting a few more week's of flower out of the plant, if I do things very carefully, and maintain at least minimal transpiration in the plant until the very end.

I watch closely for signs of over watering, especially at the end.

And yes, I think your absolutely correct, the outside looks done, but the inside still looks like it can go much further, so that's the plan. Some of the tops of these plants were harvested earlier in the week, but the plants seem to actually pick up some (growth wise) since I trimmed the really hard tips off the plants, now the understuff is getting just as hard and resin filled, it's pretty apparent, I hope I just don't crowd the field too much waiting for these to fully ripen.

I want peak ripeness, inside and out.
Oh, and they've been getting hit hard as shit with UVB, UVA, so getting that "suntan" response.

Just a suggestion, but if you want to test the efficiency of your feed program, bench test same strain/plant clones. Use your methods above with one group. Use an "all included" nute line up for the other like GH Trio or a dry nute like Earth Juice Seablast Grow/Transition/Bloom/Bloom Master. See what the outcome is. I think you'd be surprised. Used to do a lot of mixing and voodoo. Just ended back at the beginning with the basics and modern nutes/lights. Was a very strange journey.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Goes from green,to magenta,to almost black at the end. This is the winner out of a one pack seed run. Love finding interesting phenos out of seed runs!!
Yea, I get green to magenta with some of mine, but not any black yet. I would like to cross it into the line at some point, (was thinking black milk) because it should do meld well, I think. Probably some sort of kush lineage?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Oooooooo me likey likey strains that grow like this. Hope they twist into those tight little "roses" at the end. Imo the most beautiful form the plant can end with. Great job!!! Looking excellent.

Oh shit! I just re-read and saw the C99!!! Bro... kudos... the classics.
Ahh yes the tight rose buds are my favorite as well! The have a very good bud to leaf ratio and from my experience have a stronger high. Maybe from more trich coverage due to More surface area on the calx. This comes from the female I use original diesel. The sweet pine smell is from the c99 male.
This is the first female I’ve grown out from the seeds I made and am looking forward to what else I can find.

Top Bottom