Let's see your Nute mix

• Thread starter theguapo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theguapo

So I'm sure not everyone is doing exactly the same things with their nute mixes so post exactly what you are using/doing.

I'm growing in hydro (low pressure aero), on a cycle timer 40 secs on 4 mins off, 1000W HPS air cooled, day time temps ~75deg, night time temps ~65deg, res. temps ~65deg, res PH ~5.5-6, ppms ~800.

Humbold Nutes:
Micro
Grow
Bloom
Ginormous
Hormex (not Humboldt)

just ordered:
Sea-Mag
Flavorful
Honey Hydro carbs

coolslayer

coolslayer

My mix

I'm growing in Pro Mix soil with a 400 watt HPS Hydrofarm system and a homemade 2 fixture 200 watt CFL board.The HPS is set to 18/6 right now and I'm using the CFL as needed. I put the flowering plants in a closet after they get 11-12 hours of light a day.The room is fan cooled.Daytime temps(lights off) vary from 60-70 degrees,nighttime temps(lights on) are from 68-76 degrees.Ph of soil is 6-6.6,Ph of water is 6.1-6.7(adjusted).

Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice Grow 3-1-3
SuperThrive
Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus 2-0-0
Botanicare Sweet 0-0-0
Botanicare Clearex
Grandma's Unsulphered Molasses

Pest control:
Captain Jack's Dead Bug brew

Just ordered:
Bonide Triple Super Phosphorus 4LB 0-45-0

S

StonerCasper

I have the economy set up.

Grow in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil.
400 watt system from HTG supply w/a flex wing reflector on a 12/12 hr.

4 ft 2 bulb flo's for the mothers. 2ft 2bulb Flo's for the cuttings and a few shop lights for the vegetating. (my 175 watt MH was stolen):sad0047:

no temperature gauges

filtered 6.0 PH water

Advanced Nutrients
Iguana Grow + Bloom juice
EN + EA 2-part treatments every 2-weeks

12' osculating fan on the canopy
3 small fans pointed and very close to the fixture to help with heat.

no grow tent or closet I made a makeshift grow room in the corner of my bedroom but am looking to purchase a 6x6 grow tent so I can start with regulating the temperature

Mothers: The Purps, Lemon Desiel, BlueBerry and Kandy Kush.
I have also planted a few seeds from a couple of Indica strains I recieved when I bought my medicine. IDK the names i mixed them up but will make a mother out of which plant is stronger.

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

6xbulb t-5 hood w/without 6500/3500k also use 2 home made cfl 4x60w Side reflectors.; Next go will stay with the t-5's for veg but moving to try a 600w hps for flowering ,eventually.
grow in 5 gallon buckets (from now on lol) w/75%sphagnum peat/25%all purpose potting mix. Next mix will be pro mix or coco coir.

BC-grow
BC-boost
BC-bloom
Awesome blossoms
Sugar Daddy
magical
Root 66
Thrive Alive B1-red
Thrive Alive B1-green for starters
Neptune’s harvest- Add too compost for outdoor grows
Worm castings-Add too compost for outdoor grows.
Fox farm-grow-bloom- outdoor.
pest control is Tomcat non toxic glue boards/ diatomaceous earth.

G

grow_dat_nasty

So I'm sure not everyone is doing exactly the same things with their nute mixes so post exactly what you are using/doing.

I'm growing in hydro (low pressure aero), on a cycle timer 40 secs on 4 mins off, 1000W HPS air cooled, day time temps ~75deg, night time temps ~65deg, res. temps ~65deg, res PH ~5.5-6, ppms ~800.

Humbold Nutes:
Micro
Grow
Bloom
Ginormous
Hormex (not Humboldt)

just ordered:
Sea-Mag
Flavorful
Honey Hydro carbs

Have you ever been to all seasons gardening, I think they carry all those bottles you ordered in store and they got almost the complete line up from Humboldt minus a couple things. Its great store and anyone who hadn't been there should check it out. There med patient friendly there and even had a promo going 20% off with showing your med card but I think it ended at beginning of new years not sure tho. They also got a shit load of nutrient lines in store and pretty much anything else you could ever want!

Also The Guapo you might need the sea-cal also, not sure but I would deffantly at least have a bottle on hand just in case especially if using r/o don't know why humboldt separate its mag and cal, every other company I seen has there cal mag together and for alot cheaper, I use magical at half strength

G

grow_dat_nasty

For my nutes, it depends style of growing I'm using.

Past grows were in FF Ocean Forest w/extra perlite and I used this mix with extremly awesome results!

Fox Farm Grow
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom
Fox Farm Big Bloom
Fox Farm Sledgehammer
Fox Farm Microbe Brew
Fox Farm Kangaroots
Fox Farm Open Seasame
Fox Farm Beastie Bloomz
Fox Farm Cha-Ching
and either Botanicare Liquad Karma or Advance Nirvana (Karma I liked better)
use at recommended feeding schedule plus the Karma or Nirvana

For hydro, I'm curently running a Under Curent system and running

Veg
House and Garden Aqua Flakes A&B
H&G Roots Excel
H&G Drip Clean
Hygrozyme

Flower
Dutch Master Gold A&B
DM Zone
H&G Drip Clean
Magical
Advanced Nutrients Bud Ignitor
AN Big Bud
AN Overdrive

Foiler Spray- Humbolt Sticky, Liquad Karma, and B-52

Pest- Azamax or Avid

I really like both these nutrient schedules and would recommend anyone using hydro to go pick a bottle of H&G Drip Clean, its not a food it just helps to keep everything clean and can be used with any nutrient line

T

theguapo

Have you ever been to all seasons gardening?

Also The Guapo you might need the sea-cal also.

No I haven't been but I have been meaning to stop in there. I'm always at The Sportsman's Warehouse!! and it's just across the street. I'll stop in there and get me some sea-cal.

G

grow_dat_nasty

No I haven't been but I have been meaning to stop in there. I'm always at The Sportsman's Warehouse!! and it's just across the street. I'll stop in there and get me some sea-cal.

Right on, you'll like it there guaranteed, its kinda hard to find( its in like in a maze shopping center) but if have trouble finding just give em a call and they'll give directions. Anyone who has not been to All Seasons Gardening should check it out. They really treat there customers good and got so much cool shit, and can get you whatever. Yesterday I had a ballast go out and a Hanna monitor and instead of me sending it in for the warrantee, they did it for me and gave me new stuff off the shelf so I wouldn't have to wait and they hook it up with some nice discounts the more you spend there. Med patient friendly, great people, great service, great prices. I shopped at both our Alb grow stores and nothing compares to All Seasons Gardening. Sorry to go on so much and post this in this thead but they helped me out alot and really love this place and I just want everyone to have a awesome place to shop and see what I mean.

G

grow_dat_nasty

Hey Guapo are you gonna start a grow journal with the Humboldt nutes, I am really curious to see how this line of nutrients does, I almost bought this line like 6 different times but never have (i change my mind on things alot) but would love to see how it works.

T

theguapo

hey grow dat I stopped in All Seasons today and picked up some sea-cal. They're pretty cool dudes in there. I was looking at some of the reflectors they have just so I can copy the design! They were all into it!

G

grow_dat_nasty

Hell yea good to here Guapo, tons of cool shit there! So was the sea cal the last addition or where you thinking of some more things you want to add to the mix?

T

theguapo

Yeah I think i'll start supporting them; I liked those guys. I think i'll stick with what i've got going now and see how it works. My room has been suffering a bit from the cold because I have a 8" vent through the wall to the outside air but I have had it plugged because of the frigid temps. I need some fresh air in there!

T

theguapo

Would one of these duct dampers help?

that is exactly what i have on there!! Last night I opened the damper fully and took off the exhaust from my hood and laid it on a shelf. The temps this morning after a very cold night were 83 deg. That is acceptable to me. i think i'll stick with this technique for a while and see how my girls like it. My room is passively fed from the vent and actively exhausted so there is adequate air exchange when the damper is open and unplugged.

C

cannabisabalism

I have 4 DWC buckets (connected w/hoses) with airstones in bottom, a 400w hps and a 400w mh running 12/12. Don't have any CO2 or anything fancy like that.

I am new to this but have been using AN products.(pricey brand but wanted to get best whilst a begginer)

for veg
AN bloom
AN micro
AN grow
AN Voodoo juice (first 2 weeks and getting explosive roots)
AN B-53
Basically just following AN's website but keeping the ppm around 700

Flowering
AN bloom
AN micro
AN grow
AN big bud
AN B-53
and AN overdrive the last week before flushing.
again following AN's website but keep ppm @ 900-1100 and ph around 5.7

I am 5 grows in and have been having good luck but think I should be getting better yields. If anyone has any comments/advice on a better/cheaper nute mix let me know.

sky high

sky high

Nah..... it's just cryogenically frozen for a short while....

I used to own a hydro store so I've been all over the place with nutes and have tried >most< of the name brands and a buncha the no-name brands too.

In the last few months I decided it was time to >simplify< this process and get back to basics. As a result, I've been using all organic products and have been brewing "teas".

i've also been concentrating on the upfront processes...like adding in some good microbes/mycorrhizae starting when the roots pop and continuing into transplant and veg.

Ingredients may include:

Diehard Biorush (microbes/etc)
Azomite (trace mins)
Micro-hume
Worm castings
A pinch or two of cheap Epsoma 5-3-3 from HD in veg
Bat guano ( 1-12-0 for bloom)
Brix mix
molasses
Gatorade
SMALL additions of Bushmaster and Gravity depending on the strain.

I dig this kinda growing over dumpin shit out of a bottle 'cus it's very free form and fairly forgiving. My wife calls it the "Mad Scientist" Lab when I start bubbling stuff. WooHAHAHA!

I'm also starting to re-use my soils and work on "building" up the soil for re-use.

Kinda gettin' tired of feedin' that hydro machine...ya know?

s h

M

mrgreenthumb

i am with sky on the liquid nutes..you become tied to the bottle.and most cities you can only get these nutes at a hydro store which can be a security issue,and a pain in the ass if the nearest store is far away.

i only supplement with abottle nute once maybe 2 times in flower but that is it.i mix my own soiless recipe for each strain using dry nutes.my base is fox farms marine cuisine dry mix,some worm castings,rare earth,dolomite lime,bone and blood meal.

Top Bottom