mancorn

Ate some gummies.
97D008AE 4137 413C B0C5 27EF940FE4B6

43531C06 5294 4B95 966F 0391A1DEF6BB

90281146 0C3C 42E6 8BD8 E19A2F7F8444

5B63BD74 AA80 4E88 9792 F26FAA8D4FA9

cpurola

cpurola

Hi mancorn, I love zinnias too and so do the goldfinches that rip them apart for the seeds!
They don't wait until fall and stand on top of the flower or grab the stem and pull the petals off one at the time.
If they weren't so pretty and sing so sweet they'd be history. 😉

mancorn

mancorn

Hi mancorn, I love zinnias too and so do the goldfinches that rip them apart for the seeds!
They don't wait until fall and stand on top of the flower or grab the stem and pull the petals off one at the time.
If they weren't so pretty and sing so sweet they'd be history. 😉
Yeah I saw some of yours in your post. Hopefully the finches will leave you some seeds - one of the cool things with the zinnia is how easy it is to collect seeds for next year.

mancorn

mancorn

Problem I'm having right now is PM. And I don't usually fret about it, but my cannabis is in with them.
Yeah they are really susceptible to the PM. I’ve used the Southern AG (Garden Friendly), Plant Doctor, milk, potassium bicarbonate, citric acid, isopropyl alcohol, & hydrogen peroxide on one bunch in the last couple months. Once it’s established I’m getting the best results with the hydrogen peroxide/alcohol/castilo soap, which clears it up pretty good. I posted to a mite thread earlier today on home made recipe that also works for PM, which is basically the same as Lost Coast Plant Therapy. But you don’t need the oil with the PM and it helps to get the Ph up with the citric acid & silica.

Post in thread 'Two plants very infested with spider mites, any saving them?'
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/t...der-mites-any-saving-them.141651/post-2837259

I’ve just been doing a 50% mix with 3% H2O2 & H2O with alcohol and little bit of Castillo soap and it seems to be doing the trick.

Also search on using H2O2 for harvest “bud washing” if you get any cross over.

Last edited:
cpurola

cpurola

Yeah they are really susceptible to the PM. I’ve used the Southern AG (Garden Friendly), Plant Doctor, milk, potassium bicarbonate, citric acid, isopropyl alcohol, & hydrogen peroxide on one bunch in the last couple months. Once it’s established I’m getting the best results with the hydrogen peroxide/alcohol/castilo soap, which clears it up pretty good. I posted to a mite thread earlier today on home made recipe that also works for PM, which is basically the same as Lost Coast Plant Therapy. But you don’t need the oil with the PM and it helps to get the Ph up with the citric acid & silica.

Post in thread 'Two plants very infested with spider mites, any saving them?'
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/t...der-mites-any-saving-them.141651/post-2837259

I’ve just been doing a 50% mix with 3% H2O2 & H2O with alcohol and little bit of Castillo soap and it seems to be doing the trick.

Also search on using H2O2 for harvest “bud washing” if you get any cross over.
Is there a problem if I get it on the flowers of my cannabis plants? I'm thinking only the lower flowers cause they're so blasted tall already.

mancorn

mancorn

Is there a problem if I get it on the flowers of my cannabis plants? I'm thinking only the lower flowers cause they're so blasted tall already.
Most definitely! It’s basically the #1 scourge for cannabis growing - very difficult to erratic and you don’t want it in your lungs.

With the zinnias it’s almost impossible to trim out the PM. With your weed you need to immediately remove ANY patch. And prevention is the key! You’ll find hundreds of threads on PM (just on this site alone). Search on integrated pest management (IPM) and you’ll find TONS of info on PM.

cpurola

cpurola

Most definitely! It’s basically the #1 scourge for cannabis growing - very difficult to erratic and you don’t want it in your lungs.

With the zinnias it’s almost impossible to trim out the PM. With your weed you need to immediately remove ANY patch. And prevention is the key! You’ll find hundreds of threads on PM (just on this site alone). Search on integrated pest management (IPM) and you’ll find TONS of info on PM.
Thanks so much, I guess I have to do some homework. And experiment with the formulas.
I've read that spraying the flowers is a no-no. Does that include your H2O2, water, alcohol and soap solution?

And I always rinse my flowers at harvest in a weak solution of H2O2, lemon juice and water, then rinse in clear water before hanging to dry.
Finding dead bugs in them bothers me.

mancorn

mancorn

Thanks so much, I guess I have to do some homework. And experiment with the formulas.
I've read that spraying the flowers is a no-no. Does that include your H2O2, water, alcohol and soap solution?

And I always rinse my flowers at harvest in a weak solution of H2O2, lemon juice and water, then rinse in clear water before hanging to dry.
Finding dead bugs in them bothers me.
I’m sure you’ll get conflicting answers on using isopropyl alcohol on buds. I try not to get it on the flowers as alcohol will certainly degrade trichomes. At the same time products like Lost Coast Plant Therapy use IA (at around 15ml per gallon) and they claim use up till day of harvest. So go figure. Pretty sure LC is using the alcohol primarily to dry out mites/trips as opposed to PM. I won’t be too worried at the movement (if I remember you are just starting to flower), but fine to just go with the H2O2 w/soap. If you pull off a leaf that has pm and look at it with a loupe while spraying full strength 3% you can see the PM bubbling/foaming. (I would definitely spray the zinnias and see what works knocking the PM back on them before you run into problems on your weed.)

cpurola

cpurola

I’m sure you’ll get conflicting answers on using isopropyl alcohol on buds. I try not to get it on the flowers as alcohol will certainly degrade trichomes. At the same time products like Lost Coast Plant Therapy use IA (at around 15ml per gallon) and they claim use up till day of harvest. So go figure. Pretty sure LC is using the alcohol primarily to dry out mites/trips as opposed to PM. I won’t be too worried at the movement (if I remember you are just starting to flower), but fine to just go with the H2O2 w/soap. If you pull off a leaf that has pm and look at it with a loupe while spraying full strength 3% you can see the PM bubbling/foaming. (I would definitely spray the zinnias and see what works knocking the PM back on them before you run into problems on your weed.)
Okay! Will do. Thanks again, and I'll let you know how it works on my plants.

cpurola

cpurola

Chucky’s Folly!
Hi Chucky, sorry I didn't reply to your querry about my purple monster, but I did get it to the finish line and it was beautiful. Totally unexpected.
It is called Meringue by Dutch Passion, and was a free seed from Seedsman. They say it's a sweet smoke (I don't smoke) and is a cross between Wedding Cake and Animal Cookies.
Ended up with a couple of pounds two years ago and am still giving it away. (bribe the neighbor and others not to snitch on my growing in the back acre without a security fence)
Wish I could share but the feds won't let us ship it USPS yet.☹️
Merangue 1

BTW, your grow is looking great! I can tell you're giving the girls lots of attention. Will they get much taller? And do you ever get rain, that ground looks so dry.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Thanks. Nope. No rain. Pretty much from June to hopefully October. Hopefully the middle of October. The later the better. No they don’t get much taller except for the one that I have left grow straight up. I am into bending. Most everything you see growing up there is the lowers Made my own soilgrowihopefully turning into some kind of cola. I just find that it keeps the plant more manageable and easier to inspect and support when a storm roll through and the shit hits the fan. L O L. I don’t like getting on ladders anymore than I have to. A pic of the lowers growing skyward. I need to spread them out. Only one plant has started flowering. Long season around here. Made my own soil. I have only fed recharge and water all summer. So far so good!

Last edited:
P

Psy3784

Update: Flower 5 weeks almost 6 Baby Bertha
IMG 0263

Nicely filled out Can't wait :P
IMG 0275

My other plants that are 1-2 weeks and 1 week in

Getting her trics a going Plant #2 Big little Bertha
IMG 0286

Some Trics just barley starting to show plant #3 Big Bertha
IMG 0293