Let's talk about bringing indoor plants out with excessive veg time.

• Thread starter PsillyRabbitOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Ha, thanks man. I have good seeds forming on the clone I took from her(White Russian) X Caesar. I also have a single female caesar at around 6 weeks under a hps. And a single white russian outside on a heat mat in an unheated greenhouse. Its been a hell of a winter and now i'm back at work (nursery industry) i no longer have time to baby them and I'm itching to get these girls outside under lights. It will probably happen next week on heat mats with thermostats. Then another month before the ground.
I could potentially just go directly to the ground with heating cables and various amounts of shade cloth for acclimation.

This week was the first time I hit them with really high nitrogen 16-4-17. I accidentally used hydroponic ferts so 100% water soluble and a fuckin boost of adrenaline for the plants.. it wasn't organic and they got the tiniest of burn but it doesn't even show up on my mediocre pictures

Last edited:
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Just thought of the name shimpanze for my new pollen chucking creation. Its the americanized translation of the " chimpanzee" from Russian and i think it sounds pretty cool. could be simpanze OG
lineage (Ak47 X White widow)X(triple OG X Original glue)

flowerdave

flowerdave

hope I can get into breeding at some point.the weather sucks here still too. low of 12f tonite. I have been trying to get done with this project but the weather has slowed me way down. Can't wait to grow in it. it will have an insect screen on it to keep a lot of bugs out.it is small but I think I can grow a few plants in it. No monsters though. plus it will be mostly veggies. good hear of a fellow nursery worker. I retired from a great greenhouse job. I raised 13 million young plants a year. I was a propagation grower for 25 years.oh im going with living soil in the raised beds. it is what I grew in last year.. once they were in the ground I never fed them till mid flowering and that was just a little potassium and Phosphorous.
Raised bed

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

lookin good. Seems like enough space to have some fun. Although I do want to get into real breeding one day it seems to be a pipe dream.
Simple "pollen chucking" projects are super easy and you should definitely conceder trying it your self. I literally didn't even repot the clone I knocked up. I am only going to get a dozen viable seeds but thats all I need. ( I did knock up plant #1 also) But "5" is the winning pheno so I will work with those seeds and save the others as back ups.
Love me some swollen ovaries... when intentional...

Clone 5 seeded
Clone5swolenoveries
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

The ladies started begging me for bigger buckets today. I dunno what to tell them. It wasn't really in the plan. I hope to get them in the ground in another 20 days or so. Besides I really cant move something much bigger than these milk crates with ease. I feed every single watering to keep them happy.Even my in-between feeding waterings are getting a dash of N and micros. I really want to get them outside in the unheated greenhouse this week so I can fertilize with foop. Its too stinky to use inside. 90% of what i have used so far is a mixture of Fox farms and Nectar for the Gods.

flowerdave

flowerdave

It was 12 degrees here the other morning. We cannot go outside for another month at least. Last year they were moved out to the attached garage on this date and stayed out there for a month under lights. Good luck and I hope the weather turns soon

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

I have had a test plant outside for bout a month now sitting on a heating mat its in a flimsy tent style green house. The air temp reaches below 50 but the roots seem to stay around 55. The plant is not flowering the best but it just seems to be moving slower. I think this weekend when i have off i will hook the light up in there and start the acclimation process. even if i have to lug them back inside for a few random nights.

steamroller

steamroller

I never had room or plans for bring out plants larger than I needed to feel safe with hungry wild life and weather in middle NY .
I might have had cold frames that I started in late April , but mostly I always waited till as late in May as I could .
I plan on putting plants out this year and have clones going that will probably be part of it .
You really going outdoor already ? I thought 20 days from now is risky ?
I have been following along ,maybe next year I will have a beast or two for outdoors.

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

looks like they are proposing home regulations now. One listed seems to be that plants will need to be locked up. I dunno how it will be possible to cage a beast like this. Maybe they mean a lock on the yard? Either way I live on the water, town board wont let us put fences up on the water. who knows... This summer will be a strange one.
This is every healthy leaf ever removed from the 10 seeds over the last 133 days. mulch for when they go in the ground.

Ery
Maxwax

Maxwax

Looking at your bottle stash got me to remembering, IDK why these sellers of nutes and such dont put these caps on the bottles. What a pain trying to measure out of those deals. Ima order a few of these.

Screenshot 2022 04 01 184235
PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Yeah caps like that would certainly be nice. Some might clog up though. Bottles like this would be the bees knees.

66098p
Maxwax

Maxwax

Yeah caps like that would certainly be nice. Some might clog up though. Bottles like this would be the bees knees.
Thats called a squeeze and fill. I have dozens of "tip and fills" in quart and gallon size for my lawn care co. I actually just ordered 4 shampoo bottles with flip lids to fill my measuring spoons. Ill transfer my four items into bottles and label.

Top Bottom