Let's talk about "game changers" in your grow...

• Thread starter Grownsince95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Im talking about both products and techniques...

What has made the most difference for your grow?

My last grow was over 15 years ago and boy a lot has changed!!!

Im just over a month in but I already have a few mind blowing (to me) discoveries!!

1. Hydro Halos...solved my coco watering problem.
2. Wireless real-time temp/rh monitoring with graphs etc...amazing!
3. AC infinity cloudline fans. What we used to have to pay $2000 for! Lol

The ability to remotely control and monitor a grow at anything less than break the bank prices was a pipe dream the last time around. Admittedly, mine is a pretty typical "Amazon" grow haha...I get that, but I was hesitant to spend the big bucks on lights etc until I knew I could pull off all the other parameters in my space. In a few months I should have the answer!

Let's hear about what's been a game changer for you?
Lets talk about game changers in your grow
Lets talk about game changers in your grow 2
Lets talk about game changers in your grow 3
Lets talk about game changers in your grow 4

1stonedman

1stonedman

Growing outside was a game changer for me, it opened up allot more in the realm of what's possible.

Just really limited on what I can pull off inside, at the moment the only thing inside is propagation room

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Is that a spyder farmer light? How big?

Light man light ! Genetics man genetics then environment which looks like you got that
Light and good genes the two biggest factors for my grow

KDB42

KDB42

What dehumidifier is that and why is it hanging? Going to be drying soon and was wondering.

Akabudz

Akabudz

Hey bro, nice one, shit had changed loads, I'm 15 Yr plus just coming back, what hydro feeders are they?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter

Light man light ! Genetics man genetics then environment which looks like you got that
It's an sf-2000 yeah. First ever LED grow. I was prepared for the extra heat. After I see the yield on this one I may add another.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I've got a 2x2 with five 3 gal fabric pots and the 3x3 has four 7 gal. The 2x2 uses only 6" feeders and the 7 gals have 12" feeders in addition to the 6"
The large tent has a 30 gal rez and the 2x2 has a 17 gal. Running basic General hydro trio and calimagic
20200818 120726

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter

You know what Moshman? 99% correct! Lol Im gonna say for me in my experience not having 100% control over environmentals has ruined grows with siiiiiiiiick lights and genetics in the past.
I ran these tents without plants for a month to nail everything down first.
SourD clones (pic)
20200823 202545
from a friend are happy happy and some sunset sherbet (looking for males) just popped the other day.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Probably moving to BC in the late 90's.
But really, experience is the biggest game changer. The grower I am now is only because of things I experienced 5, 10, 20 years ago.. You dont fully understand IPM until you have dealt with all the bad bugs personally. You dont learn how to read a plants nutrient needs just by looking at it until you screw up the feed a bunch of times. You dont understand VPD until you deal with high temps and low humidity or vice versa... Shit like that. No LED light or wireless automation can replace experience and hands on learning over time.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Checking your ego at the door has been the best thing I've learned over the years. Always be open to suggestions if they are coming from a good place. Automation has been the best thing as far as tuning a grow per say but not really learning. Failing and problems have been the best teacher for those things for me honestly. All the research in the world isn't going to replace seat time. It can help greatly but repetitiveness is a great teacher you shouldn't discount.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Checking your ego at the door has been the best thing I've learned over the years. Always be open to suggestions if they are coming from a good place. Automation has been the best thing as far as tuning a grow per say but not really learning. Failing and problems have been the best teacher for those things for me honestly. All the research in the world isn't going to replace seat time. It can help greatly but repetitiveness is a great teacher you shouldn't discount.
Yes man. I've seen ego get in the way of a lot of people over the years. Never, ever assume you know exactly what you're doing lol. We are all just doing the best we know how to do, but there is always someone else out there doing it a bit better than we are, and those are people that we can/should learn from. Never stop learning.

sambapati

sambapati

The definition of insanity: Trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Malcom Gladwell says it takes 10,000 hours of doing something to get really good/elite status. It took me 4 years of teaching as a second career to really 'get' what I should do. I'm about 2100 hours into my grow and echo what cemchris says above check your ego at the door and just listen to others. Check/double check and then check again. Moving everything indoors and away from the bugs was the biggest game changer for me. Gr8 question ;)

sambapati

sambapati

1st and 10 do it again

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I would like to add a BIG one to my list...(this is also new to me)

VPD

Being able to run higher temp with more RH has helped in my situation in small spaces with extra heat. Im my exp it's a lot easier/cheaper to add humidity rather that try to take it away so I generally run higher temps...
But look at the chart for flowers...

At 45-50% rh which you VERY FREQUENTLY see recommended for flowering you must stay between 65-70°..??? What? Waaaay to low imo at least for the first 4 to 6 weeks. Increase to 55% rh and you get to 75°. Ok, great. But what about those of us in hot climates who battle the outside heat all summer? Look at the temp range for 60% rh in flower...70° to 80°!! That's huge, and a range I can work with. I will drop it down to the 65°-70° range the last 2 weeks while I flush, with an extra air conditioner that im not willing to run all the time. When it's on though, temps easily go down into the 60's with 35-40% rh. Get all those terps and purple fall colors goin at the end... thoughts?
20200827 203935
Screenshot 20200816 175145 Chrome

Fingers crossed 🤞

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Every day they do the "praying" upwards all morning when they wake up then relax as the day wears on.
20200827 210834
o❤🌱

Top Bottom