Lets talk salts and nutrient profiles...

• Thread starter connoisseurde420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I have read @Capulator s jacks back thread along with the two stickies. Lots of priceless info in those threads. Still getting a grip on it but I'm done paying the hydro shop for bottled water. lol oh how I have spent :/

I was debating on getting Jack's pro or buying raw salts to make my own mix up. I think i can go straight to raw salts just don't want to mess up. I grow in promix with extra perlite using a range of nutrients... Trying to finish out what I have on hand.

So really im just wondering what profiles people are using and what salts they use to get there. please include medium your using and why you use the specific salts you have incase there are any special notes.

Lastly, what ratios are important to you n:p etc.. I have seen consistently ca:mg 2:1 most the others vary tho from grower to grower. thanks a grip. I will update as I progress...

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

I have been looking into using Jacks with the hormone vita boost pack from mbferts and some cal mag. Im looking for people also that have exp mixing salts and Jacks and what their ratios are in gram/gallon. I have checked so many sites and threads and Im still not sure if Im ready to make the jump. Here is one of the best links I could find.https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ves-to-overpriced-hydroponic-nutrients.35395/. A wealth of knowledge and links to so many other knowledge inspiring threads.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Yeah there's plenty of info on Jack's here @Surfandgrow check out jacks back thread too. I'm posting from my phone or I would copy the links :/

Coir

Coir

I have been making my own nutrient since 1989 out of necessity due to cost. It's really not that difficult and with some simple math and a calculator, anyone can do it.
The ingredients I use for a complete 2 part plant food(you can't mix calcium with any sulfate compound in concentration so it needs to be 2 parts) are: Calcium Nitrate,
Potassium nitrate, potassium sulfate, mono-potassium phosphate, magnesium sulfate, chelated iron, solubor, manganese sulfate, zinc sulfate, sodium molybdate, and copper sulfate. That is all that is needed for every stage of growth for every type of plant I have ever grown. I have used these same ingredients on fruits and vegetables as well as flowering and non flowering plants. The only thing that changes are the ratios of each element. I am currently waiting on the state for registration and will be releasing 2 different formulas for sale next month but can't post the info here yet due to site rules. I can say that I list all of the ingredients used and don't claim to have any "secret" hidden ingredients like most of the other companies out there.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Time for a update I made my purchase a couple days ago. Here's what I got:
mag sulfate, mag nitrate, potassium silicate, soluble trace element mix, ammonium sulfate, potassium sulfate, mono potassium phosphate (mpk), calcium nitrate.

All in four pound size just incase i want to change what I'm using I won't have a 25 lb bag sitting around lol. I'm a super noob at this definitely outside my comfort zone. keep ya posted as to what I end up doing. anyone with notes or hints to drop feel free. Using hydro buddy I calculated that these salts will match up with nutrient profiles posted by @Capulator and @dankwork. much appriciation for them posting their experiences mixing salts, quite invaluable! gonna go back and re read some threads now..

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Got my salts they sent MAP instead of MKP tho... Going to keep it so I can make a bit of MOAB.

B

Bangarang

Nice i don't see most people running mag and cal... How do you like the bloosom booster?Any pics? thanks
Ro water? I do not run Jacks in flower but would like to soon. Just scared on not hitting my numbers with something new. I know the trick to it all comes with experience. Can you share what volume of the above salts you add per gallon.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Here are the profiles im going to try and run.. Veg 233-80-300-79Mg-131Ca-158S
flower 129-60-300-60-120-155
silica at 50 ppm, still not sure how much of this i need? to both formulas i will add a micro mix I wanted 5ppm of iron here's what I got 8S-5Fe-3Zn-.9B-1.5Cu-.027Mo-5.33Mn

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Ro water? I do not run Jacks in flower but would like to soon. Just scared on not hitting my numbers with something new. I know the trick to it all comes with experience. Can you share what volume of the above salts you add per gallon.
I don't use salts yet still finishing up all my bottled stuff.. but there are tons of jacks info in caps threads and the stickies

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I might try to make micro and silica concentrate stock today... need to re read some things before I do tho.

B

Bangarang

Answered my own question.
^^ YUP shit is straight mashin it bro! Did over 2# on everything in the room last round. I do 3-2.25-1.25 the first two weeks of bloom, then to 3-2-1 then to 3-1.75-1 to finish her till flush. Added hygrozyme at 8ml once per week and always run 5ml silica all the way through. Thought about switching to Canna Substra last round, with this new formula.. No need at all. Jacks is wonderful.

turbo

5ml/gal silica? Isnt that a lot of K?

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Making my micro mix today. I'm shooting for 4.5 iron, 250x concentrate, 15ml p gallon. using hydrobuddy I got 56.8 grams per gallon. Going to heat some RO water and see how it dissolves

Top Bottom