Lets talk salts and nutrient profiles...

• Thread starter connoisseurde420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I ahd the water at 85 and it dissolved quick but there was still just a bit of stuff at the bottom, I would say 99% dissolved. Not sure if i messed up or not but I will check in the morning.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Ok so the micro ended up dissolving. I mixed up silica, veg a/b, flower a/b. Here is the amounts i used:

Veg Profile: 194-60-300-56-184-72-4.5Fe-50Si
A - Calcium Nitrate: 1026.7g
A - Mag Nitrate:566.8
B - Amonium Sulfate: 89.3
B - Potassium Sulfate: 256.4
B - MonoPotassium Phosphate 110.3
S - Potassium Silicate 866.3
M - mico mix: 56.8

Flower Profile: 112-50-200-50-150-88-4.5-50Si
A - Calcium Nitrate: 823.8
B - Mono Amonium Phosphate: 22.5
B - Mag Sulfate 479.9
B - Amonium Sulfate 27.5
B - Potassium Suflate 79.3
B - MonPotassium Phosphate 65.3
S - Potassium Silicate 866.3
M - micro mix: 56.8
I dissolved each separately in RO water and made half gallons of each the a+b and gallon of silica.

My fulvic/humic said 1-2 grams per gallon, so i put about 120g in a half gallon to make it the same dosage as everything else. Forgot to get seaweed extract but i will add it to this mixture as a replacement for liquid karma.

I feed once to my veg room at about 5-600 ppm (50ppm ro) and nothing has died yet lol. I was thinking the silica really raises the ph to about 10. Is there anyway i could counter act this? I use citric acid for ph down but i use alot more than i did before with bottled nutes.\

I welcome all input or questions.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I haven't killed anything and there are no signs of def. going on either.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

So I made a seaweed, fulvic, Humic, yucca mix to replace liquid karma. the amounts I used made a thick dark slosh but plants look good. Still I think I need to look up toxicity for them to be sure.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Purple menace fed diy salts veg food for two weeks then switch to bloom at bud set. I did feed once or twice with pbp cause I still have some left. Some excelurator, and caps teas on these in first two weeks
Tmp IMAG0708 1781884530

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Why so much K in your veg recipe? And what is the NO3/NH4 ratio?

Maybe check out PeKacid, it's another form of MKP (0-60-20 I think). Or just straight P acid. You can use either or both to counteract the Si alkalinity.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Why so much K in your veg recipe? And what is the NO3/NH4 ratio?

Maybe check out PeKacid, it's another form of MKP (0-60-20 I think). Or just straight P acid. You can use either or both to counteract the Si alkalinity.
Thanks for your input man. I saw those both when I was ordering I will look up again.
Idk how I ended up using so much k in veg. These were all copied from farmers here. Probably caps or dankworth. My veg room new growth looks good after the last few couple weeks of feeding.
I would have to get to the computer to be sure about N ratios but I believe 160/40 or something close. Is there an optimal ratio?

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I could be wrong, but seems like extra K leads to excessive branching. Mainly it's just unnecessary and competes with Ca for CEC. I think ~1:1 N:K is plenty for veg.

N03:NH4 is mostly about managing media pH. For coco I usually stick with ~.07 (standard ratio for CaN03, no added NH4 source like MAP or AS). Here are some links to explain:
http://www.greenhouse.cornell.edu/crops/factsheets/nitrogen_form.pdf

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I'm full on feeding with these nutrients at 1.4-1.8 ec veg and flower. No burn yet and no signs of def. yet... I did notice one thing tho. My concentrate a+b has some undissolved salts in the bottom. after reviewing solubility for my salts it would seem that some are past their max. so note that hydrobuddy doesn't account for that when making a+b. I use 250x for the record

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Its
Man I have to make the switch.
it so easy even a caveman could do it lol! Can't believe how simple it is really. If you can grow weed with bottled salt nutes, you can make your own man. So damn cheap too. you will be glad you did

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Close to this I've changed things by small amounts but everything looks good still. Feeding 4-500 ppm max veg. 6-800 veg. And made my own MOAB to initiate flower set and boost pk for a coupke weeks before flush. same or better results still testing but definitely not a downgrade. many benefits for me so far. Stop going to the hydro store and learn how to grow plants. dial environment. Super happy. Thanks farm fam!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I am new to the Bud growing game @JAWS, Cap OG Biowar and Wains level
but the help of Jacks and the beanies of Capulator I only spend a few pennies as compared to dollars
REG others/ Even tried my own salts but found the time and effort was better used els where
I stick to jacks 100%
N P K VEG Bloom
5-12-26 is @ 2.8/2.5 grams per Gal
15-0-0 ia @ 1.6/1.8 grams per Gal
micro is @ o.o4/o.o7 grams Gal

I use this @ 75% add pickle crisp and Epsom when needed
every two week I use a worm cast and OG Bio-war ACT one teaspoon each @ full strength

not the best or the only but it works for this Farner
+Vibes
FlyJ

JAWS

JAWS

I am new to the Bud growing game @JAWS, Cap OG Biowar and Wains level
but the help of Jacks and the beanies of Capulator I only spend a few pennies as compared to dollars
REG others/ Even tried my own salts but found the time and effort was better used els where
I stick to jacks 100%
N P K VEG Bloom
5-12-26 is @ 2.8/2.5 grams per Gal
15-0-0 ia @ 1.6/1.8 grams per Gal
micro is @ o.o4/o.o7 grams Gal

I use this @ 75% add pickle crisp and Epsom when needed
every two week I use a worm cast and OG Bio-war ACT one teaspoon each @ full strength

not the best or the only but it works for this Farner
+Vibes
FlyJ

nice dosages umm so i'm guessing sense you keep mentioning JACKS that it's some kind of fert line??.

thank you:)

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

nice dosages umm so i'm guessing sense you keep mentioning JACKS that it's some kind of fert line??.

thank you:)
Jacks hydro is a raw salt fert that is inexpensive compared to bottled nutes. The cheap alternatives thread is mostly about this product.

Latest posts

Top Bottom