Light green leaves in early flowering ,calcium deficency ?

• Thread starter j1sonbrother
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Day 6 flowering
2.5 Coco hydro,
Gh3 parts , calmag 2.5g/gal, epsom salts 1g/gal
pH 6.0, EC 1.2 ,
Environment:humidity :50%, leaf temperature:23℃
Seems to look like a calcium deficiency?, And haven't tested runoff yet , photos taken after feeding in a few mins.
Appreciate

Light green leaves in early flowering calcium deficency
Light green leaves in early flowering calcium deficency 2
Light green leaves in early flowering calcium deficency 3
Light green leaves in early flowering calcium deficency 4
Homesteader

Homesteader

I see some mite bites on your lower leaves in one of the pictures. Probably not what is making you extra lightened up but you probably want to get that before flower gets going.....Personally I would defoliate any of the lowers with spots. bag em and tag em and get em out of your room, then spray with a mite soap of some sort.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
I see some mite bites on your lower leaves in one of the pictures. Probably not what is making you extra lightened up but you probably want to get that before flower gets going.....Personally I would defoliate any of the lowers with spots. bag em and tag em and get em out of your room, then spray with a mite soap of some sort.

Thank you for your opinion, mate .
it is true that there are some mite bites, but I feel that this is not too big a problem, I have enough airflow and the humidity is maintained at 47-51% , and I started adding potessium silica in mid veg ... Do you think it looks like a not enough calcium ? Or need boost some P .?
I had some magnesium deficiency in Veg before , then I added some epsom salts , the problem seems to be solved, but these spots at the bottom do you think it is caused by calcium?, still 2.5ml/gal of calmag .

20220414 2045183
20220414 2223082
j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Looks like nitrogen deficiency.
Thanks, I sticked with transition feed (4ml of ,micro/gro/bloom) into 4gals ,then added 4×2.5ml calmag, 4g epsom salts which dissolved 1.2ec. to be honest I'm not so sure it's N def.

Gh flora exp dtw2
Homesteader

Homesteader

Are hydro growers adding this much mag ussually? I don't really know how much hydro folks are adding magnesium but it seems you may be overlapping them and perhaps giving your plants too much which could/can/will lock out other nutrients. An excess of magnesium can hurt your uptake of calcium and potassium....An excess of mag also increases uptake of N and Phos but you dont really need to know that

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Are hydro growers adding this much mag ussually? I don't really know how much hydro folks are adding magnesium but it seems you may be overlapping them and perhaps giving your plants too much which could/can/will lock out other nutrients. An excess of magnesium can hurt your uptake of calcium and potassium....An excess of mag also increases uptake of N and Phos but you dont really need to know that
Yeah, I do know an excess of mg can hurt the uptake of cal and p, but this is my first time to try with epsom salts, I added calmag directly before and got great result . In the mean time I did some homework that 1g/gal of epsom salts was a very safe dose, cause I really found that led and coco, compared to hps or hid, need more mg , especially from later veg to the flowering .
To be honest, I'm also a little suspicious that too much magnesium was causing this problem, because I just added 7.5ml of potassium silica, 7.5ml of calmag, 3g of epsom salts in 3 gals , and the ec reached 0.9 (tap water :150ppm ), and I'm just wondering if I cut epsom salts,how much calmag do I need in Coco hydro .Omg, it's been a while since I've played with coco hydro ,do you have a recommended dose? The feedingchart was 2.5ml/gal.
Thanks.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
I just took some more pics and feel that the leaves have recovered a little bit.
And did some runoff test, pH 6.0 ec 1.3 in / ph 6.0 ec1.7out, it seems to need some flush with 0.5~0.6ec

20220415 0036482
20220415 003643
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Not an expert on GH 3-part but it looks like there's a pretty decent amount of mg in it to start with. With the additional CalMag, I'm not sure you need the extra mag sulfate. Were you having a mg issue?

You might want to get your leaf temps up a bit as well.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Yellowing on top could also mean the onset of a micro-deficiency, seeing how much kations Ca/Mg you add.
I mean your plants are in veg but you already supp more than others in full bloom...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Check ph in the root zone, led require more cal, mag, potassium and sulfur if I remember correctly. It’s due to the spectral difference and photomorphology they create.
If you ask me you got to much light for the demands and I’d start by back it off a lot for 3 days just to confirm the diagnosis. It won’t hurt growth at all and help if anything.

just my 0.02 is yes you have nutrient issues like mag and N deficiency but it’s cause by light. After that can be confirmed then I’d slightly tinker with nutrient ratios

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Not an expert on GH 3-part but it looks like there's a pretty decent amount of mg in it to start with. With the additional CalMag, I'm not sure you need the extra mag sulfate. Were you having a mg issue?

You might want to get your leaf temps up a bit as well.
Thanks ,mate
By the 2 week , I will raise the leaf temperature by 24-25 degrees Celsius and learned from DB.

Heywood

Heywood

If you ask me you got to much light for the demands and I’d start by back it off a lot for 3 days just to confirm the diagnosis. It won’t hurt growth at all and help if anything.

I agree with this as I just went through a similar issue. I am using a Spider Farmer SE5000 LED and even though I was 24" above the (3 week veg) plants at 50% dim, they started yellowing and drooping.

Raised the light up to 36" and saw they started recovering quickly. It may just be this particular strain (Blueberry Muffin) but they sure are finicky on what they want for light.

Anyway - @Aqua Man - Thanks for the RickRoll. Now I have to go finish watching it. lol. It has 1.1Billion views. 😎

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Check ph in the root zone, led require more cal, mag, potassium and sulfur if I remember correctly. It’s due to the spectral difference and photomorphology they create.

just my 0.02 is yes you have nutrient issues like mag and N deficiency but it’s cause by light. After that can be confirmed then I’d slightly tinker with nutrient ratios
Appreciate, Aqua, It's interesting that plants are feel better today, the same as when I turned on the light yesterday, but the leaves still feel very light and thin, to be honest, I added 4ml/calmag in the first run, no problem at that time, but in this run with 2.5ml calmag and 1g epsom salt, always feel some problems, ph in: 6.0/out 6.0.
I really don't know if it's a calmag problem, because the micro already has 5% cal in it, I will check the light tonight.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Is there something wrong with the way I dissolve the nutrient solution?, or should I add gh 3 parts /calmag/epsom salt to a gall of water and then slowly dissolve it?
I'm hoping to get some advice, thanks.

Madmax

Madmax

I that so they can take more cal @Aqua Man..uno it really blows me out that i ph around 5.9 then when i look at hydro charts cal isnt available at that ph .canna must have enough right through the grow.tank is 10ppm .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom