Light in a 4x6 area.

• Thread starter Kfos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The stressed is from the toxic water and low soil ph. Both have been addressed and are recovering but its not from heat or radiation ( I don't believe it is) I'd have to bust up concrete to get them any further from the light as it is,

I bend all tops that rise beyond their limit. When the top leaves are sticking up like uours i usually lower the plant an inch or two and they straighten out.

BigCube

BigCube

18-24" is ideal for a vertical 1000w se HPS. Closer to 24" for horizontal. I wouldnt use a DE bulb in such a small area, you'll cook the room and controlling environment will become a nightmare.

In the OP's setup, I wouldnt add anything to that 1000 besides maybe some supplemental LED or even T5HO on the outsides otherwise you'll probably end up with an uneven canopy with uneven light distribution.

Ideally if you want to maximize lighting efficiency Id lose the 1000 and go with 2x 315 CMH, or maybe 2x 600w HID.

Exactly what I was thinking. 4 corners 4 4ft t5's.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I bend all tops that rise beyond their limit. When the top leaves are sticking up like uours i usually lower the plant an inch or two and they straighten out.
I wasn't sure what you meant by leaves sticking up, I looked at that pic and its the fans blowing up the leaves ( I believe). I have 2 sm osculating fans below the canopy and the big one in the corner, I think thats what you're seeing there.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I wasn't sure what you meant by leaves sticking up, I looked at that pic and its the fans blowing up the leaves ( I believe). I have 2 sm osculating fans below the canopy and the big one in the corner, I think thats what you're seeing there.

Well i dont want to argue but i am seeing clearly what I am saying. The leaves closest to the light are pointing up and there are a few hot spots you can see. Everything lower looks much flatter and relaxed.

Its minor but its happening. My top bud quality and yield went up lowering plants when i see this. Now i back away all ripening plants a few inches towards the end of the grow.

Top Bottom