Light Mover Question

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Ok I know most growers hate them but here's my situation. The electrical costs on the Coast are outrageous. Last grow with 4, 600s - 2 to a dual Raptor hood over a 4x8 tray ran over 400$/mo!! during the Summer when we get dinged with higher rates. Its somewhat better now in the Fall. This time I'm using 2, 600s in 1 Raptor with a mover; using the super lumen setting that's well over 1200watts over 20 sq feet/ 60 watts per foot. Not trying to cover the full tray just want an extra foot on each end, like a 4x5 or 4x6 with 14 Purple Cadillacs from DHN. They are mostly Indicas and shouldn't get over 2' tall with most of the bud sites on the same level so penetration isn't an issue. I'm planning on a 1 to 1.5 travel.

sixstring

sixstring

i run mine about 30 in with short stop times.but i also use 3 or more hoods per mover with stationary lights positioned at both ends so no lack of coverage.i would split up those 2 600 by 2 to 3 feet and use the mover.also with the mover you can put the lights alot closer to the plants.gl

dorjewright

dorjewright

Are you running during lower rate periods? Around here its cheaper in the pm
That was at night during June- July. I don't have time of use. But this time of year from October to May the base is 16kwh (at .11cs) up from 9kwh in the Summer. The rate at the 4th tier was .37c/kwh over that is in the .50cs.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok I know most growers hate them but here's my situation. The electrical costs on the Coast are outrageous. Last grow with 4, 600s - 2 to a dual Raptor hood over a 4x8 tray ran over 400$/mo!! during the Summer when we get dinged with higher rates. Its somewhat better now in the Fall. This time I'm using 2, 600s in 1 Raptor with a mover; using the super lumen setting that's well over 1200watts over 20 sq feet/ 60 watts per foot. Not trying to cover the full tray just want an extra foot on each end, like a 4x5 or 4x6 with 14 Purple Cadillacs from DHN. They are mostly Indicas and shouldn't get over 2' tall with most of the bud sites on the same level so penetration isn't an issue. I'm planning on a 1 to 1.5 travel.
$400/mth running that much light alone seems like a real deal to me.
i run mine about 30 in with short stop times.but i also use 3 or more hoods per mover with stationary lights positioned at both ends so no lack of coverage.i would split up those 2 600 by 2 to 3 feet and use the mover.also with the mover you can put the lights alot closer to the plants.gl
I thought I could do that, and I got bleaching and the only way to resolve it was to finally move the damned lights back up.
That was at night during June- July. I don't have time of use. But this time of year from October to May the base is 16kwh (at .11cs) up from 9kwh in the Summer. The rate at the 4th tier was .37c/kwh over that is in the .50cs.
How the hell are you running that many lights and only seeing $400 additional per month? I run two 600s and that adds a minimum of $500/mth, AND WE'RE ON SOLAR!

Are you in PG&E territory, or what?

sixstring

sixstring

@Seamaiden im sure you have seen a few of my bud shots lol.i run all my lights real close cept for the gavitas and even those are close @24in based on what others say about them.my cooltubes on movers run about 10in on average with some spots around 6in.i think room temps, plant health and of course stop times play a huge role into how im able to get away with it.my plants dont get special treatment when they go from veg under t5 to flower under 6oo or 800w.i just take them out (last night I walked 1 out in 20f temps about 150yards) and set them right under the lights on a milk crate as close as I can get them, like 6 to 10in.but I dont run many sativa or even heavy sat leaning crossbreeeds.mostly heavy indicas fed jacks or ionic at about 700ppm,1.4ec daily.thats it nothing special.im here now, my dualtubes have about 7 second stops before they head off the other way.maybe its the bulbs, I run almost entirely dixilux 600hps and they do have more blue light than most I've ran.95,000 lumens so they aint weak .

sixstring

sixstring

Jacks is about as cheap as it gets :) I have ran sats here and I do let those grow to the lights more than other stuff.i have a few spots in here where the lights are stationary and have extra clearance there.i ran a black widow pheno that was def leaning sativa and she did not like being that close, everything here is on progrips so moving a few lamps up is easypeazy :)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

All I can add is if your hood reflects like a rectangle run the hood lengthwise the direction your moving to utilize side lighting for dark spots on stop times

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wait... what?
All I can add is if your hood reflects like a rectangle run the hood lengthwise the direction your moving to utilize side lighting for dark spots on stop times

Dude wait what

sixstring

sixstring

Im still waiting for them to come out with a circle or oval track so the light just goes round n round the room like a choo choo train....wait im gunna patent that idea and use a choo choo as the motor.needs to be wireless or your cords might get ugly :o

waayne

waayne

@sixstring circular movers have been around a long time,,,you remember Sun Circle?
Or these guys.....
http://www.solarrevolution.com/About.htm

The linear movers tend to be more efficient,unless you're growing in a round room.....?
I've used many different light movers for over 20 years,and at best,have a love hate relationship with them...

My veg room utilizes linear movers, which I like, but I never bother with them in my flower room,especially after switching to DE style Gavitas and Epaps......

symbiote420

symbiote420

@sixstrings, I like the idea but circular movers have been known to irritate a lot of strains. I love my light rail ...I'm in an L shaped room with a stationary 1k on the 4.5' x 5' side adjacent to my mover thats going across 5' x 8'. My lamp is 10" - 12" and moves 36" - 39" and pauses for 10 seconds at each end. I don't mind that one side gets a lil shade like outdoor plants do cause the yields odd as it seems per plant are better on the movers side than the stationary. I've been looking at those ePaps and Gavitas too, it's winter time round these parts so that extra heat I hear they give off shouldn't be a problem now, just gonna hafta figure a better way to keep the room cool in the summer.

sixstring

sixstring

@waayne and @symbiote420 you crazy fuckers,i was joking about the choo choo lmao.but i have seen those light spinners,never really appealed to me.i love my lightrail 3.5 seems like the one with the 6 rpm motor yields a tad more than the 10 rpm motors.sym,those gavitas kick ass bro,my next room will be full of them lol.i replaced 5 cooltubes with 5 gavitas about 3 months ago when it was still hot outside and i didnt really notice that much extra heat.i had just replaced my a/c with a bigger 4 ton unit but i did that a few weeks before the gavitas got installed.i do think they are too heavy for my movers so i dont think ill be using them in the new spot,peace

dorjewright

dorjewright

$400/mth running that much light alone seems like a real deal to me.

I thought I could do that, and I got bleaching and the only way to resolve it was to finally move the damned lights back up.
How the hell are you running that many lights and only seeing $400 additional per month? I run two 600s and that adds a minimum of $500/mth, AND WE'RE ON SOLAR!

Are you in PG&E territory, or what?
$500 for 2 6s, I'll never complain again; and then I had 2 exhaust fans, dehumidifier etc. I'm running lights on 240v could that make a difference?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am, too. My husband did a whole electrical build-out for my room that started with a nice, big subpanel with all the juice I would likely need. I have one exhaust fan that's hooked up to one of those greenhouse temp gauges, a fan or two for laminar air flow, the timers and that's pretty much IT.

And we're on 100% solar power.

Btw, PG&E owes us money right now. Ya think they're hot to get our bill paid up? Fuck no!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I am, too. My husband did a whole electrical build-out for my room that started with a nice, big subpanel with all the juice I would likely need. I have one exhaust fan that's hooked up to one of those greenhouse temp gauges, a fan or two for laminar air flow, the timers and that's pretty much IT.

And we're on 100% solar power.

Btw, PG&E owes us money right now. Ya think they're hot to get our bill paid up? Fuck no!
@Seamaiden
Start tacking on fees Sea, that's bullshit they expect energy for free, I see a late tax, an unappreciation tax, a you remember when you taxed me for being late tax and lastly shut them off and make them pay a disconnection fee and reconnection fee

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, not only do they want to be able to use the power our array generates for free, they want to be able to make money on it. And NOW they want to reneg the contract they made with a whole slew of solar energy-providing homeowners by charging us for the transmission lines. I told Dave fuck that noise, if they try to start charging us then we're pulling off-grid and going with the God damned batteries. I hear that technology is improving by leaps and bounds of late.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Oh, not only do they want to be able to use the power our array generates for free, they want to be able to make money on it. And NOW they want to reneg the contract they made with a whole slew of solar energy-providing homeowners by charging us for the transmission lines. I told Dave fuck that noise, if they try to start charging us then we're pulling off-grid and going with the God damned batteries. I hear that technology is improving by leaps and bounds of late.
Look into German batteries they use less planned obsolescence just saying

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Those should pair well with our German panels. :D

Top Bottom