light stress or just a stupid grower ?

• Thread starter budsofgeorgia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

does anyone know if this is the beginning of light stress or burn ?
my light is vipar ks3000 at 50 percent about 5 ft above the plants
about 9 plants in the tent this is the only one looking like this
ending of week 4 of veg and i know my plants should be bigger then this
soil was amended with gaia green all purpose 4-4-4 a few weeks before i seed was planted
last night i did top feed 1.5 tsp and water 2 cups of water my temps are between 67 to 79 mostly around 74 rh is between 45 to 65 most the time it has gotten in the 30's for a day or 2 and in the 70 for a day when it is raining
Light stress or just a stupid grower
Light stress or just a stupid grower 2
Light stress or just a stupid grower 3
Light stress or just a stupid grower 4

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

What potting medium are you using?
i got 3 other plants looks like this but has gotten worse been dealing with it for 2 or more weeks captnspaulding been helping me he said it was light stress or burn

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
50 % is high, it looks like too much light spectrum. As you turn up the power
The light ramps in blues to promote healthy stems and growth, at 50, it most like 2 times the amount of blue that it needs at that setting. also it probably rolling into red spectrum which those plants
Want nothing to do with atm. You want to roll that Into flower
You got em bench pressing the world.
When you see leaf tips that have that
Brown die back beginning, it’s hooked upwards toward the light, take note, that applies to all strains. That damage hand and hand with some mag over drive driven by led power, it’s letting you know that you should probably turn it down to 25% and let them relax a little. That height is fine.
Future reference, fifty percent isn’t a bad output for veg, it’s meant for the end of veg witch to flower. Put on sun glasses and look at the light bars, mess. With the out put and watch how to spectrums Change.
It stressed bc it didn’t have a chance to harden off. I like to ramp it up incrementally to the spot my plants are happy.
My rig runs a 30-36 in above canopy
Never above 40% on any and all lights.
Nutrient tox that is causing burnt tips generally won’t hook upward like heat/light stress.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
does anyone know if this is the beginning of light stress or burn ?
my light is vipar ks3000 at 50 percent about 5 ft above the plants
about 9 plants in the tent this is the only one looking like this
ending of week 4 of veg and i know my plants should be bigger then this
soil was amended with gaia green all purpose 4-4-4 a few weeks before i seed was planted
last night i did top feed 1.5 tsp and water 2 cups of water my temps are between 67 to 79 mostly around 74 rh is between 45 to 65 most the time it has gotten in the 30's for a day or 2 and in the 70 for a day when it is raining
View attachment 2156250View attachment 2156251View attachment 2156252View attachment 2156253
Yea some light stress, see caps post. Good luck Georgia 👊

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Nute burn or temperature stress, Need a better nutrient balance as 4-4-4 is not a balance for Cannabis. what is your PH when you water? I would lower your light to 30" above canopy and lower your intensity to the lowest setting and make sure your temps are 72F and RH is 50-65% which is a very comfortable temp for them. What color is your run off? brown? yellow? clear?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm think the microbe population in your living soil has died off over time. I'm thinking the light colour and slow growth are due to lack of food for the plants being provided buy your soil and very small pots.

I'd like you to make up enough potting soil to transplant all of your plants into the largest pots you can fit in your tent.
2 parts living soil potting soil. Like Black Earth from the garden centre.
1 part nice compost
1 part worm castings
Add 1 table spoon bone meal for each gallon of soil your mixing.

Make up a bucket of this Microbe solution. Transplant your plants into the large pots and deep water your plants in with this microbe solution. 3 parts water 1 part Microbe solution.

Keep it simple. Just mix everything in a bucket stir with a stick. You don't have to go find leaf mould or use strainer bags as described in the video.
1 cup of nice dark garden soil. 1 cup compost, 2 small potatoes cooked and blended. A teaspoon of sea salt. Rain water!
Make sure you boil the potatoes in rain water as well. After the solution is finished strain it into a clean bucket so you can scoop out what you need.
If you transplant into large pots full of rich living soil the plants will find what they need.
This microbe solution will make sure there is plenty of life in your living soil.
You will find that Gaia Green is microbe food for living soil and your potting soil has died off. The soil is not producing enough nutrients to support the plants in small pots.

Once your all transplanted and the plants have settled into there new pots they should start greening up.
This will take a week, maybe 2. Start feeding with Gaia Green again.
It won't be long before you have a tent full of plants growing. Check out the 5th node technique.

Last edited:
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

50 % is high, it looks like too much light spectrum. As you turn up the power
The light ramps in blues to promote healthy stems and growth, at 50, it most like 2 times the amount of blue that it needs at that setting. also it probably rolling into red spectrum which those plants
Want nothing to do with atm. You want to roll that Into flower
You got em bench pressing the world.
When you see leaf tips that have that
Brown die back beginning, it’s hooked upwards toward the light, take note, that applies to all strains. That damage hand and hand with some mag over drive driven by led power, it’s letting you know that you should probably turn it down to 25% and let them relax a little. That height is fine.
Future reference, fifty percent isn’t a bad output for veg, it’s meant for the end of veg witch to flower. Put on sun glasses and look at the light bars, mess. With the out put and watch how to spectrums Change.
It stressed bc it didn’t have a chance to harden off. I like to ramp it up incrementally to the spot my plants are happy.
My rig runs a 30-36 in above canopy
Never above 40% on any and all lights.
Nutrient tox that is causing burnt tips generally won’t hook upward like heat/light stress.
Well I lowered the lights and turned them down to 25 percent

S

SnoopingAsUsualI

could be the light but your lights is kinda far away, so I'm not sure...how about reducing the light for a few days to see a result?

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

spiderfarmer tent light is about 30 percent around 40 inches
plants are 2 weeks old 3 are photos and 4 are auto i transplanted the autos tonight from the small cup to the finishing pot
IMG 20240424 185346986

Grower1974

Grower1974

There’s no way you’d have light stress with a KS-3000 5 FEET above plants at 150W of power. They would be lucky if they were seeing a mere 200ppfd.

The issue (looks minor anyway) has to do with your nutrient balance. This one plant probably just is a phenotype that isn’t quite as happy as the rest.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
There’s no way you’d have light stress with a KS-3000 5 FEET above plants at 150W of power. They would be lucky if they were seeing a mere 200ppfd.

The issue (looks minor anyway) has to do with your nutrient balance. This one plant probably just is a phenotype that isn’t quite as happy as the rest.
Ok, not so sure about that. There is a couple plants I have right now, set to three feet and the power is so low the light is just on, less than 5% you’d be surprised. But it happens a lot.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

Ppfd, really isn’t a science.
A couple runs ago I measured bc some one asked me, I was at the end of flower. My meter was reading 2200 and that was the max it could read. Meaning it was even higher.
By ppfd metrics, they would have spontaneously combusted. It’s all relative.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

So, I must be rocking low myself? These are in flower too it’s not always the same homie. It’s very broad to apply as a metric, ppfd.

IMG 4303
Grower1974

Grower1974

So, I must be rocking low myself? These are in flower too it’s not always the same homie. It’s very broad to apply as a metric, ppfd.
Idk. I run two separate meters by the book to my lighting and I couldn’t ask for better results in all stages of growth. A 150W light at 60”, wouldn’t even stress an infant vampire. Seedlings would even go full leggy and flop over.

I would bet the farm his issue isn’t light stress.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Idk. I run two separate meters by the book to my lighting and I couldn’t ask for better results in all stages of growth. A 150W light at 60”, wouldn’t even stress an infant vampire. Seedlings would even go full leggy and flop over.

I would bet the farm his issue isn’t light stress.
I hear ya man. I’m super glad your method cranks. I would def bet my farm to yours it is, but hey, I don’t really like gambling you know?
Sall gravy tho!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
So, another pic
2 vipar 200w
And a spider farmer se3000
They have all been at that height since they were born, a lot of them have been around for well over a month.
I’m running at 40% in there. The leftmost light is set to 25%

So, legit, I’m asking, why aren’t they all crazy leggy?

IMG 4570
Top Bottom