light stress or just a stupid grower ?

• Thread starter budsofgeorgia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

well i just would like to know what im doing wrong cant fix it if you do not know what to fix lol i really do not know because im a idiot 4 years into it and still this , i amended the soil about 3 weeks before i even planted a seed and top dressed on the last watering , i did check ppfd and it never got over 300 at any point ,

Grower1974

Grower1974

I hear ya man. I’m super glad your method cranks. I would def bet my farm to yours it is, but hey, I don’t really like gambling you know?
Sall gravy tho!
If all 9 of his plants had symptoms, I’d piggyback your bet.

I usually have 6-8 plants his size every 80 days under a KS-5000 at 50% and 36” getting 275-300ppfd. Never close to to stress. His KS-3000 at 60” would be 37-40% less photons than that. His DLI is probably under 12. No plant is going to stress under 25.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I usually have 6-8 plants his size every 80 days under a KS-5000 at 50% and 36” getting 275-300ppfd. Never close to to stress. His KS-3000 at 60” would be 37-40% less photons than that. His DLI is probably under 12. No plant is going to stress under 25.

these plant were in that tent too first to show the symptoms so it is not just that 1 plant i had a total of 14 plants in that tent with 4 so far showing that symptom
IMG 20240422 001726272
IMG 20240422 001734669
IMG 20240422 001740002
IMG 20240422 001744901
IMG 20240422 001749974
IMG 20240422 001754172

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

I’m not doubting you my point is it’s all relative
Those are still getting double the light his are lol.
Really? How’s that? The height is @36 inches and set as low as 25% by what you are saying my plants should be growing like crazy to the light? So because I have 3 lights washing out slightly into each other print I have 2 times the light?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
You know why his plants got right and are growing nicely again? Bc he raised the light and turned it down. That’s a fact.
Ppfd is relative. When I started it was a twinkle in someone’s eye still.
Plant health is what I read. not a meter,
so I’m gonna go and chill with a spliff, and hope to god he doesn’t go back anywhere near his old settings. Because that’s what caused it to begin with.

Grower1974

Grower1974

I’m not doubting you my point is it’s all relative

Really? How’s that? The height is @36 inches and set as low as 25% by what you are saying my plants should be growing like crazy to the light? So because I have 3 lights washing out slightly into each other print I have 2 times the light?
What’s the meter say? Your plants are growing as intended. Whether they are seeing 300 or 400ppfd, they are being supplied what they need and are happy.

He’s got a total of 150W at 60” which is far too of an anemic light level. You still have almost double the DLI he does guaranteed.

His burnt tips on the 4 affected plants clearly shows there’s a medium/nutrient/PH imbalance.

mjvdet13

mjvdet13

Just so you know there are tools to eliminate any and all light questions.. $85 on amazon.. Its called a par meter and will save you a ton of headaches in the future. At that stage keep them super dim maybe 100-200 ppfd which is (and this is a guess from experience) keeping a standard 640 LED at 20%-25% when its 4' above the top of your plants

light is a crazy important thing and being able to eliminate any problems with a $85 tool will save you 100 headaches

Edit** 50% is way too high whatever the height

51jGzkZxdDL SL1500
BB22

BB22

Just so you know there are tools to eliminate any and all light questions.. $85 on amazon.. Its called a par meter and will save you a ton of headaches in the future. At that stage keep them super dim maybe 100-200 ppfd which is (and this is a guess from experience) keeping a standard 640 LED at 20%-25% when its 4' above the top of your plants

light is a crazy important thing and being able to eliminate any problems with a $85 tool will save you 100 headaches
I do my best to reduce my reliance on technology✌️

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
What’s the meter say? Your plants are growing as intended. Whether they are seeing 300 or 400ppfd, they are being supplied what they need and are happy.

He’s got a total of 150W at 60” which is far too of an anemic light level. You still have almost double the DLI he does guaranteed.

His burnt tips on the 4 affected plants clearly shows there’s a medium/nutrient/PH imbalance.
Alright you got it homie. I’m outski.
I’m just a clown who doesn’t have a clue.
The burnt tips are pointing up. Not down. Heat stress.
I’m gonna take my 25 years of experience, and make like a clown car, do what you will bog! Hit me up.

Mothman

Mothman

Ppfd, really isn’t a science.
A couple runs ago I measured bc some one asked me, I was at the end of flower. My meter was reading 2200 and that was the max it could read. Meaning it was even higher.
By ppfd metrics, they would have spontaneously combusted. It’s all relative.
Yep, i run mine at about 4500 ppfd, for about 10 minutes a day. And they complain about it!!! 😂

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
so, the proof is in the pudding tho, bc I was helping buds and he asked what the issue was last week if I remember right, and he went ahead and applied my suggestion, and if you look at the plants, it’s almost like some form of clown magic, the issue stopped. And the new growth is looking pretty damn good to me, the old damage will remain that ship has sailed. I gotta be losing it or I need eye transplants. So if you want to fix and issue with lighting, less is more, set it high, with out put low, so you can “dial it in” to what the plant wants. Meaning turning up output, or dropping it back down. You back off first so it heals. You don’t need meters and Wands for that. also look at the new growth again. They look great. Any deficiency that some folks think this is would still be happening? Why is the plant better now if his feed is off? I do t think folks know I’ve been helping him for about a week already. So man, like I said, it’s all relative to your area. Ppfd get new folks in trouble. And meters and wands just muddy the water more. Imo we should be eliminating variables not making more.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

so, the proof is in the pudding tho, bc I was helping buds and he asked what the issue was last week if I remember right, and he went ahead and applied my suggestion, and if you look at the plants, it’s almost like some form of clown magic, the issue stopped. And the new growth is looking pretty damn good to me, the old damage will remain that ship has sailed. I gotta be losing it or I need eye transplants. So if you want to fix and issue with lighting, less is more, set it high, with out put low, so you can “dial it in” to what the plant wants. Meaning turning up output, or dropping it back down. You back off first so it heals. You don’t need meters and Wands for that. also look at the new growth again. They look great. Any deficiency that some folks think this is would still be happening? Why is the plant better now if his feed is off? I do t think folks know I’ve been helping him for about a week already. So man, like I said, it’s all relative to your area. Ppfd get new folks in trouble. And meters and wands just muddy the water more. Imo we should be eliminating variables not making more.
bro i am listening to ya and doing what you said but it just dont look like the 3 older ones are getting better to me and 1 of the ones that were looking good just small is starting to look like the ones last week

Top Bottom