light stress or just a stupid grower ?

• Thread starter budsofgeorgia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
i still got 1 new bale an maybe enough perlite to go into it , before i use it if i used the new bale would it still be good since it has just been sitting under the shed for a year ?
Thats a great question. We’ve used amended soil that sat for a while, not sure if that applies to your situation though.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Your pro mix link took me to a “seed starting” medium. Im thinking anything living in that stuff after a year would be dead. I heard even buying the myco stuff wont last that long in the bag

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
i did not know i posted a link to it lol
Oh! It might of been one of those auto populated things. I’ve seen my posts have a link that I didnt add : ) like fox farms (thats a test comment) it didnt link fox farms🙄 lol! Sorry man, im going to shut up now ✌️

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Oh! It might of been one of those auto populated things. I’ve seen my posts have a link that I didnt add : ) like fox farms (thats a test comment) it didnt link fox farms🙄 lol! Sorry man, im going to shut up now ✌️
it does link you to a pro mix but i did not add the link it is not even the pro mix i use

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Good goal.
I mean you can re use soil if you amend it properly. You can even buy microbes to add to it. he’s just using gala green I believe correct me if am wrong by all means witch won’t be enough to make it “properly amended”
Agreed.

I was just pointing out the soil reuse problem he had before and the quickest way would be to use freash soil as it seems it’s constant problem
I know. I was just sharing my thoughts. You're probably right. It's likely more difficult to fix an amendment problem mid grow. I did it due to stubborn curiosity.

If you know what he should be doing have at it as we’re all here just to help one another as you do and if you re use soil then you’ll know more than me on how to amend it properly so he doesn’t have this problem going forward 🙂
I already wrote most of my thoughts so far. Basically this: Figure out what was depleted in the soil and then amend it back in. The first problem I saw with reused soil was magnesium deficiency, so I added some to the plant's diet. It helped but there was still a problem. The next deficiency was harder to diagnose. I decided it was phosphorous deficiency, so I foliar fed some FF bloom nutrients. The plants liked that a lot, so I top dressed the soil with a mixture of GGAP & GGPB. I over did it a bit and got some leaf tip burn, but the plants otherwise responded very well. That led me to theorize that the most likely depletion would be that which the plant used most during flowering, which, of course, was the last use of the soil. So, I have test clones in a soil mix with both GGAP and GGPB, instead of the GGAP only that I'd usually use. They seem to be growing well in that mix, but they stretched a lot because they're in a tent and light that I pieced together for the test. I'll have a better tent and light available for them in a week or so.

Edit/Added: I just recently read that slow growth is a symptom of phosphorous deficiency, and that's one of the problems that have been described. That supports the phosphorous deficiency theory we've been discussing.

Last edited:
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Agreed.

I know. I was just sharing my thoughts. You're probably right. It's likely more difficult to fix an amendment problem mid grow. I did it due to stubborn curiosity.

I already wrote most of my thoughts so far. Basically this: Figure out what was depleted in the soil and then amend it back in. The first problem I saw with reused soil was magnesium deficiency, so I added some to the plant's diet. It helped but there was still a problem. The next deficiency was harder to diagnose. I decided it was phosphorous deficiency, so I foliar fed some FF bloom nutrients. The plants liked that a lot, so I top dressed the soil with a mixture of GGAP & GGPB. I over did it a bit and got some leaf tip burn, but the plants otherwise responded very well. That led me to theorize that the most likely depletion would be that which the plant used most during flowering, which, of course, was the last use of the soil. So, I have test clones in a soil mix with both GGAP and GGPB, instead of the GGAP only that I'd usually use. They seem to be growing well in that mix, but they stretched a lot because they're in a tent and light that I pieced together for the test. I'll have a better tent and light available for them in a week or so.

Edit/Added: I just recently read that slow growth is a symptom of phosphorous deficiency, and that's one of the problems that have been described. That supports the phosphorous deficiency theory we've been discussing.

The I did out of stubborn curiosity made me laugh 😂
he often re uses old soil so the more advise of how to amend it so it stops happening the merrier imo Interesting edit btw

just want you to grow good weed without hassle buds so don’t take me talking about you bad

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

these plants looked fine till about 5 days ago first night of week 5 it seems like the problem does not start until week 4
i mean this as a question but if it was light burn or stress wouldnt they be showing this symptom sooner they been under the same light since birth ?
IMG 20240425 180922859
IMG 20240425 180932723
IMG 20240425 180944228
IMG 20240425 180956554
IMG 20240425 181016893
IMG 20240425 181023192

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

if yall who supposedly knows could answer questions as good as you make fun off people , some might could learn here , but really there is no learning here it's a do as i tell you to do and ask no questions

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

beginning of week 7 on the ga pie x runtz and red velvet x runtz , im not sure if the ga pie are keepers to me they just dont look like there getting better
the runtz in the 3 gallon pot i used new soil for the transplant
IMG 20240429 183922558
IMG 20240429 183929429
IMG 20240429 183940799
IMG 20240429 183944631
IMG 20240429 184018017
IMG 20240429 184041381
IMG 20240429 184045677

Stokes

Stokes

Ive been reading through this thread. Im a ppfd guy but im not gonna chime in on that. I will say that i dont recommend re amending soils, not that its bad, but its just not practical given the cost/time to adequately do it. Definitely dont recommend doing it with promix, because over time peat turns super acidic, because of the nature of peat and enzymes from bacteria, its just naturally really low ph, thats why they buffer it with gypsum. Or lime. Shit. One of the two. Odds are your last plants used up a good deal of that buffering agent for flower, leaving you with something that would take the paint off a car. This is all theoretical tho, ive never done it myself. Hope you get it sorted fella. If you start over and need some beans let me know, i’ll send some your way

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Ive been reading through this thread. Im a ppfd guy but im not gonna chime in on that. I will say that i dont recommend re amending soils, not that its bad, but its just not practical given the cost/time to adequately do it. Definitely dont recommend doing it with promix, because over time peat turns super acidic, because of the nature of peat and enzymes for bacteria, its just naturally really low ph, thats why they buffer it with gypsum. Or lime. Shit. One of the two. Odds are your last plants used up a good deal of that buffering agent for flower, leaving you with something that would take the paint off the car. This is all theoretical tho, ive never done it myself. Hope you get it sorted fella. If you start over and need some beans let me know, i’ll send some your way
but as i transplanted out of the half gallon plastic pots to the 3 gallon fabric pots i used BRAND NEW SOIL , so shouldnt that help that lil problem ?

Top Bottom