light time

• Thread starter cbatterton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cbatterton

cbatterton

What times do u guys suggest for setting my timer up to 12/12?

sixstring

sixstring

depends on how much work you have in there.i need mine to be on when im up and able to work even though its the hottest part of the day.7am to 7pm is my sweet spot.if its just a small room or tent with a few plants I could see going at night for heat reasons but small grows don't cost much so it comes down to heat or convienience with your normal life imo.i also think they grow better when the sun is actually up rather then at night but I have no proof lol.

reloader

reloader

I run my lights on at 9:30 pm to 9:30 am, since I'm a night owl it works out great. I duct air from outside, so cool night air is a plus. Plus all my fans are on speed controllers, & I have them turned down in the lights out hours, helps keep noise down in the day.

P

paulycali

Try to keep the lights on as much as you can at night and as little as you can during the day. Set your timer to your work/live schedule and keep what i said in mind

L

leafmold

Im on during the night. Do my gardening at night and check on everything before work. 830-830. Cooler cheaper and nobodys gonna stop be when theres stank all over me.

ken dog

ken dog

on at 530 in the morning, off at 530 in the afternoon.

I turn the veg off from 3 to 5 in the morning

J

Jeremy123

Try to keep the lights on as much as you can at night and as little as you can during the day. Set your timer to your work/live schedule and keep what i said in mind
I agree with you....well said....

ken dog

ken dog

there is no doubt that it is better for heat purposes, to run the lights at night... But for the purposes of stealth, it is much better to run the lights in the daytime, and not risk a light leak at night for the neighbors to see... or a light leak in the daytime, so your flowers suffer.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
not sure how running in the day is more stealth. If you have light tight it shouldn't matter. Temps is the easiest reason why folks run lights at night. If you running small setup, daytime is an option. If your running massive lights with a/c's, why would you run during hottest part of the day?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
depending on where you are, pg&e knows long before any flir, so not sure there is stealth anymore...

Puscifer

Puscifer

I live very near a Heliport where all the local LEO keeps there birds.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
generators, off grid is stealth. imo

Puscifer

Puscifer

Where I live it is hot as hell, so racking up the KW's during the day is the norm. Not so much at night...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Where I live it is hot as hell, so racking up the KW's during the day is the norm. Not so much at night...
kinda seems to be reasoning for running nighttime, imo But diff strokes for diff folks :D

Puscifer

Puscifer

A generator would just not be cost effective for me, even at my current KW rates. Stealth, of course. Just not practical for me...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
fyi, if you have a smart meter there is no diff in $ cost versus time of day use.

Puscifer

Puscifer

kinda seems to be reasoning for running nighttime, imo But diff strokes for diff folks :D
I follow the normal rise/fall of KW usage for us. Wife an i are home all day, but we sleep nights. So lots of kw usgae during the day, minimal at 1 am.

Latest posts

Top Bottom