light time

• Thread starter cbatterton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Puscifer

Puscifer

fyi, if you have a smart meter there is no diff in $ cost versus time of day use.
Yes, I know. It's the graph that shows your usage that concerns me. So my day usage is high, my nights low.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I kinda figure that your still using a total of kw hours, so to me it doesn't matter what time of day. I just know that cold air treats a lit room better for me ime.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yes, I know. It's the graph that shows your usage that concerns me. So my day usage is high, my nights low.
If you have a smart meter I really don't think it matters what times you choose. They prob know...

Puscifer

Puscifer

I kinda figure that your still using a total of kw hours, so to me it doesn't matter what time of day. I just know that cold air treats a lit room better for me ime.
I use mini splits for cooling...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I use mini splits for cooling...
And wouldn't you use less power running the mini splits at night though? Room would be cooler unless your running sealed but even then the a/c wouldn't work as hard if outside temps are lower.

I guess I'm just gonna agree to disagree with running that much extra power so you can run lights during the day. Efficiency always keeps me thinking...

Puscifer

Puscifer

Rooms are 100% sealed and co2'd. No smell or light gets out, ever.
Room walls are insulated with r13 fiberglass and a layer of r5 foam sheathing inside. Ceilings have 2 layers of r5 foam sheathing. It's soundproof as well.
Where I live it is hot as hell so sealing and cooling is mandatory. I ran nights for years but the buzzing of helicopters at night sketched me so I switched to days. MAYBE $15 difference from night running. (It's hard to pinpoint because rates went up, house AC is older, etc.
Cold I save a few $$$ running nights? Yes. But I sleep better this way :)

Top Bottom