Light Tracks

• Thread starter JJP53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JJP53

Light tracks who uses them and likes them. Do they work like they say they do?

S

smokestack23

Of course if you CAN it's obviously better to use more stationary lights than fewer on a mover...but..sometimes you are limited by the number of lights you can have by things like heat issues, lack of ample power, room size....

BUT...they DO have a purpose. I'm pretty much maxed-out on the power I can use as well as heat I can remove so I have a 1Khps on a 6' tracker running down the center of my 4 plants in RDWC. I have a stationary 1Khps, 2X600hps and a 400hps. All vertical and all but the one on the tracker are tube cooled. The one on the tracker cruises back and forth in between plants not over them.
It's working GREAT! I bought it for 60 bucks on kijiji. Some drawbacks to them are...hard to cool/vent moving lights. Movers aren't cheap (unless you shop and buy used)..you can buy a light for the price of one so if you aren't limited by power and temps...you'd probably be better off to get an additional light. Relay controlled flip/flop set-ups provide a similar result, are cheaper, easier to cool...but you do need 2 bulbs to use a relay($$)..still a great way to go though.

SO...IMO...light movers are good if your circumstances don't allow you to just add more lights and, if you can find a cheap one.

I don't know if using relays reduces the life of bulbs with twice as many on/off cycles?? Movers aren't harder on bulbs than stationary and they last a long long time (movers..not bulbs).

YMMV, FAIK, FWIW, IMVHO

Latest posts

Top Bottom