Lighting for seedlings

• Thread starter JonathonStrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JonathonStrange

My seedlings are finnaly starting to break the surface. I have been using crappy incandecent bulbs and think now is the time to start using my real light. The problem is when I got my gear the mh were out of stock so I grabbed the hps and called it a day. It is difficult for me to get to the grow shop because of an injury I can't drive. My question is of I start them under hps is switching to mh gonna screw anything up or can I just run the hps through both stages. Cfl from home depot could be an option as well.
Thanks
J.S.

symbiote420

symbiote420

It shouldn't be a problem using the HPS for both veg and flower just keep it higher up so the seedlings don't burn up, with the cfls, if you can get them there would be less heat and a better spectrum.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

CFLs are awesome. I would use those but you need a couple of them to get good light penetration, hell, just use your HPS.
:bong-hits:

J

JonathonStrange

Got hps up and running. Removed dome from tray. Have it about 19 inches from top of pots. Held hand under light and it was cool to touch. Will keep on top of watering to make sure it dosnt get to dry. It is such an amazing feeling to start useing quality gear as apposed to the crap I was before. For the moment balast is in room. It feels like it will get hot should I set up a fan just to blow on it ESP since I am gonna go 24/24 instead of 18/6.

I

ibTheMan

Two T-8's (4 bulbs 32w each) cheap and work the great.

Top Bottom