Lighting opinions wanted

• Thread starter trichburner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

ProGroWannabe

hey..keep in mind that 14+ week sativas often benefit from less intense light..they can start to freak around if light is too intense..sure depends on the strain and pheno..was only a reminder..
:smoke

LOL....Y'all, that's JUST WHY I love my sats! I don't care whether we're talking about women or plants, ya gotta love something that has a little "freak" in it.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I decided on air cooled 1000's for my 4x4 homeboxes. Was this overkill? Any input appreciated!

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I guess it doesn't really matter, I have them and can't switch now, just wondering, cause I will be expanding.

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
I guess it doesn't really matter, I have them and can't switch now, just wondering, cause I will be expanding.

started reading this thread , not sure if you have seen my test room thread , my plants are under 2 600wt sodiums on a light rail . i am not going for yield it is my test room , for new strain i have bred , i can tell you you have made a good choice going with the 1000 wt instead of the 400s , 400s would not have been power full enough if you wanna grow good sativa dom plants ....

good luck with your grow bro ,

D

doubleds

nice

i ABSOLUTELY HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY 600'S ARE BETTER THAN 1000'S !!!! STOP STEERING PEOPLE WRONG !!!!!

I have grown for 25 years and 600's are good for supplemental lighting only !!!!! Have any of you 600 watt users ran a 1000 right beside a 600 ?? If you had you wouldnt be saying this. A 600 watt hortilux had 90,000 lumens and a 1000 watt hortilux has 145000.
Lets talk about briteness, a 1000 watt lamp will work for a 4 ft plant but a 600 will only work for a 2ft plant and i am talking lower growth.

I bought 10-600 watt hps's and did my vertcal run and yielded 7.5 oz's per plant, that sounds good you say !!
With 1000's i got 655 grams per plant, yes, a poundand a half. If your growing scrog, ok a 600 will do but alot less yield than a 1000 watt.These 600's now light up dark corners and the rest are in the crawl space !!

Please stop trying to steer new growers down the wrong path, 600 watt may be a decent starter's bulb but for anyone with any knowledge they would be pissed they bought one when they coud've got a 1000.

dds

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
i ABSOLUTELY HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY 600'S ARE BETTER THAN 1000'S !!!! STOP STEERING PEOPLE WRONG !!!!!

I have grown for 25 years and 600's are good for supplemental lighting only !!!!! Have any of you 600 watt users ran a 1000 right beside a 600 ?? If you had you wouldnt be saying this. A 600 watt hortilux had 90,000 lumens and a 1000 watt hortilux has 145000.
Lets talk about briteness, a 1000 watt lamp will work for a 4 ft plant but a 600 will only work for a 2ft plant and i am talking lower growth.

I bought 10-600 watt hps's and did my vertcal run and yielded 7.5 oz's per plant, that sounds good you say !!
With 1000's i got 655 grams per plant, yes, a poundand a half. If your growing scrog, ok a 600 will do but alot less yield than a 1000 watt.These 600's now light up dark corners and the rest are in the crawl space !!

Please stop trying to steer new growers down the wrong path, 600 watt may be a decent starter's bulb but for anyone with any knowledge they would be pissed they bought one when they coud've got a 1000.

dds

Church!!!! I am in your camp my brutha and I was a 600watter master..nothing like the 1k midnight sun though. To often I think people are puttin effiecency over maximum output in their heads and they are two different animals completly. when I had the retail store I would get it constantly, I heard 600's are better than 1000's and I would be like, Huh?? and then if you asked them how it was better they had no idea what they were talkin about. So I guess following that logic, an one watt LED is better than a 1000watt because it is way more effiecient, so one little diode is better than a 1k, NOT, again if you follow the logic. Put a single diode over one plant and a 1k over another and lets get some yield numbers happenin..hehehe

Tex

T

trichburner

Exactly , I was never sold on 600's . The choice between 400 & 1000's isn't too much of a big deal with me as I'm sure a 4x4 - 4x6 area packed with 400's could easily pack enough jars to last from harvest to harvest . My biggest issue is overhead costs in the long run as I'm not trying to sell weed to make ends . All costs for me is coming out of blood , sweat , tears from an hourly wage slave job .

I bought 1 400W fixture already . I still may decide to get 1000's and use the 400 for mothers . But I still have a little while to decide before I get enough money gathered up for more equipment .

S

Silica

400's are'nt that bad.
They can be good for width when you dont have much height.

You can still get a pound under 1 400 if you have the right plant and do it right.

Top Bottom