Lighting Question For A 4 X 8 Tent But The Real Point Is Stealth Trimming

• Thread starter MarianoG69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MarianoG69

So I was originally going to get a 5 x 5 tent but when I researched on stealth trimming almost all feedback is it’s gonna stink up the house. So I thought of this solution. What if I get a 4 x 8 tent then just light up half of it and grow on just one side. So I would have space on the other half of the tent to do some trimming with 0 scent.

My questions are

Is it ok to just light one side of a tent and place plants on just one side or does a tent need to be packed with lights in regards to efficiency and the plants getting more par and lumens?

Will I fit in one half of this tent to do trimming when the time comes or do I need an 8x8?

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

So I was originally going to get a 5 x 5 tent but when I researched on stealth trimming almost all feedback is it’s gonna stink up the house. So I thought of this solution. What if I get a 4 x 8 tent then just light up half of it and grow on just one side. So I would have space on the other half of the tent to do some trimming with 0 scent.

My questions are

Is it ok to just light one side of a tent and place plants on just one side or does a tent need to be packed with lights in regards to efficiency and the plants getting more par and lumens?

Will I fit in one half of this tent to do trimming when the time comes or do I need an 8x8?
the smell will be overwhelming either way... just get big carbon filters to combat that smell..

M

MarianoG69

the smell will be overwhelming either way... just get big carbon filters to combat that smell..

Yeah I am getting an 8" x 24" phresh or mountain air but won't trimming in the tent help contain the smell? or if I leave the tent door open in a 5 x 5 in the room with the windows sealed and the carbon scrubber running enough? the price difference between a 5 x 5 and a 4 x 8 is almost the same price.

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

how many watts u running? i would probably get the 4X8 and then panda film the remaining empty space out. like a ziptie or something. when you are all done and ready to trim, close your self in the tent and open back up the empty space to commence trim jail

M

MarianoG69

how many watts u running? i would probably get the 4X8 and then panda film the remaining empty space out. like a ziptie or something. when you are all done and ready to trim, close your self in the tent and open back up the empty space to commence trim jail

600 watts of quantum boards led nice nice panda film is a good idea. :)

chemistry

chemistry

Some plants will stink your house out weeks before you get to trim.

chemistry

chemistry

Fuck the smell, you want to hear your extraction fans in the Summer bud, what size fan are you going for?

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

just buy phresh filters and stick it upwright in the room, then stick an inline fan on top of it. maybe buy two..ozone generators are stupid... no one uses them.. waste of money

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

8" plus 2 silencers at the end. I live near the equator so I would need to turn on the AC during summer.
the AC will kick out the smell of the herb to outside of your apartment...it will be hot and stinky!

M

MarianoG69

the AC will kick out the smell of the herb to outside of your apartment...it will be hot and stinky!

So that means I can't turn on the AC whenever I open the tent? Maybe after closing it open up an ona gel then turn on AC when the smell is clear? Or stir clear of growing during summer...

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

the smell doesnt clear... do you have a stand alone ac for the tent? like the one that look like r2d2??

M

MarianoG69

It's permanently installed in a hole in the wall all rooms here have an AC

LA080RC

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

ok that is going to kick out hot stinky herb smell... the more carbon scrubbers u have the better, but it will still kick out the scent. especially in the later weeks of flowering cycle...

M

MarianoG69

the smell doesnt clear... do you have a stand alone ac for the tent? like the one that look like r2d2??
ok that is going to kick out hot stinky herb smell... the more carbon scrubbers u have the better, but it will still kick out the scent. especially in the later weeks of flowering cycle...

How intense would the smell be? fuck..... What if I don't turn it on and put plastic on it? and seal the windows.

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

How intense would the smell be? fuck..... What if I don't turn it on and put plastic on it? and seal the windows.
yeah that will help stop the smell. keep everything sealed up, and keep your 12 hours "on" cycle on during the colder part of the day aka the night
so like 7pm on 7am off.. so its not as hot during the day... or u can experiment using the AC

Top Bottom