Lighting Suggestion

• Thread starter ogkb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toaster79

Toaster79

Follow the instructions or if you have any questions I'm sure there's a thread here just on it's own.

Positive vibes!

O

ogkb

I Could use some expert advice on this one. So I just moved 3 of my overgrown 4 foot plants my 4x7x8 tent that has 2 8in raptor hoods with two 1000 super hps on 50%. used a scrog net to push them down about a foot. Will these ladies be ok bouncing back threw the scrog net under a super hps till I throw into flower or am I better off going an getting different bulbs for this. Do you @Seamaiden or @Toaster79 have any input. Thanks for all the feedback so far it is very appreciated.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I Could use some expert advice on this one. So I just moved 3 of my overgrown 4 foot plants my 4x7x8 tent that has 2 8in raptor hoods with two 1000 super hps on 50%. used a scrog net to push them down about a foot. Will these ladies be ok bouncing back threw the scrog net under a super hps till I throw into flower or am I better off going an getting different bulbs for this. Do you @Seamaiden or @Toaster79 have any input. Thanks for all the feedback so far it is very appreciated.
Your super HPS will be fine to bring your girls to harvest. No need to change or purchase any other bulbs for this run. PS your gurlz will bounce back fine. Cannabis is amazing at what level of abuse it can take.

O

ogkb

Thanks for the reply @jumpincactus. Another question if thats not to much haha but how close can they get to the super hps before they show stress if heat isn't a factor? This is my current situation my hoods hang about 18 inches from the 8foot ceiling I'm working with. My plants after being cut back are just about 4-4.5' tall including their 10 an 8 gal pots. The trellis I built is about 3ft 1in tall but its adjustable. I was planning on letting them bounce back about 6 inches through the trellis bringing them to a height of about 3ft 8in an then flipping them. They're all gorilla glue and one animal cookie not sure if height will become an issue or not. Any feedback is appreciated

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the reply @jumpincactus. Another question if thats not to much haha but how close can they get to the super hps before they show stress if heat isn't a factor? This is my current situation my hoods hang about 18 inches from the 8foot ceiling I'm working with. My plants after being cut back are just about 4-4.5' tall including their 10 an 8 gal pots. The trellis I built is about 3ft 1in tall but its adjustable. I was planning on letting them bounce back about 6 inches through the trellis bringing them to a height of about 3ft 8in an then flipping them. They're all gorilla glue and one animal cookie not sure if height will become an issue or not. Any feedback is appreciated
I personally haven't run either the cookies or GG. I do know that most strains can stretch 100-300 % depending on a lot of things. I generally run my 1000w hps 24-36 " above the canopy. Get yourself a digital heat sensor gun from the local Home Depot and use it to check the leaf temps at the top of your canopy. If your reading temps above 80/85 move your lights up. Ideally you want temps around 72-80 just my 2 cents

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you do that you'll be waiting too long, IMO. Some strains don't stretch all that much post-flip, but I've had plenty that literally double their height post-flip. I haven't grown out either strain, but it is something to be cognizant of.

O

ogkb

I personally haven't run either the cookies or GG. I do know that most strains can stretch 100-300 % depending on a lot of things. I generally run my 1000w hps 24-36 " above the canopy. Get yourself a digital heat sensor gun from the local Home Depot and use it to check the leaf temps at the top of your canopy. If your reading temps above 80/85 move your lights up. Ideally you want temps around 72-80 just my 2 cents
If you do that you'll be waiting too long, IMO. Some strains don't stretch all that much post-flip, but I've had plenty that literally double their height post-flip. I haven't grown out either strain, but it is something to be cognizant of.

Is it ok to flip after just scrogging them under the trellis or should I wait a few days till they come back then flip

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think you could go ahead and flip them. You're really going to need to watch for that stretch, so.. yeah, I'd do it.

O

ogkb

Follow the instructions or if you have any questions I'm sure there's a thread here just on it's own.

Positive vibes!
hey @Toaster79 quick question if I added the og bio war root back to the water an forgot to pH first is that alright?

O

ogkb

@Toaster also do you know how long I can just let sit in 5 gal food grade bucket

Latest posts

Top Bottom