Lights off temp help plz

• Thread starter Adam626
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Starting a grow in an unstable environment.
your going to have issues.
I would insulate the basement. And add another space heater.
If the lung room is out of control. Your tent will be as well.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If 20 C is your night temp, you can still grow weed. It would be nice if it were higher, but you have what you have.

I had a grow that went down to 10 C most nights and there was nothing I could do about it. It extended the time it took for a plant to mature by about 2 weeks. My choice was to grow weed with most night temps at 10, or don't grow weed. I chose weed.

Does your humidity go way up when the temperatures drop? If so, bud rot can be a problem.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

You can fill a gallon jug with water and drop a 50-100 w submersible aquarium heater in it. Could bring up the temps and help with humidity.

Adam626

Adam626

If 20 C is your night temp, you can still grow weed. It would be nice if it were higher, but you have what you have.

I had a grow that went down to 10 C most nights and there was nothing I could do about it. It extended the time it took for a plant to mature by about 2 weeks. My choice was to grow weed with most night temps at 10, or don't grow weed. I chose weed.

Does your humidity go way up when the temperatures drop? If so, bud rot can be a problem.

No not really the first night there was moisture build up on the walls of the tent. But I fixed that by putting the exhaust fan on a timer.

Dr.B

Dr.B

I had a refrigerated veg tent going until I added in and out fans. They run 20 minutes of every hour and brought the night temps up from 19 C to around 23 C. I heat my lung room to 24, did the whole time... Didn't stop the temp from falling until I started forcing that air through the tent.

Adam626

Adam626

I had a refrigerated veg tent going until I added in and out fans. They run 20 minutes of every hour and brought the night temps up from 19 C to around 23 C. I heat my lung room to 24, did the whole time... Didn't stop the temp from falling until I started forcing that air through the tent.

What is a lung room

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello ! I am in a cold climate, temps have been as low as 13.9 celsius a few nights and most been on 18 degrees. Lights on it went to 27 degrees. Had a plentiful harvest. Sure, it might not be optimal to have large temperature fluctuations.

But I have heard colder temps in flower is helpful. If this is true I cant tell yet.
I guess it varies from strain to strain with the temps. I assume sativas might be more touchy to cold temps being tropical plants.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I have a 2x4 tent on the ground temp outside is 33 degrees outside and cold as hell. Any other day I got it venting out with my dryer exhaust. Instead I vented into the room when light on and a heater near the intake port on a timer when lights out.
Temps 75 all day ground temp 70. Not ideal but works. Or build wooden things they can sit on without sitting on ground.

Nuggz420

Nuggz420

I would run a separate exhaust fan with filter larger then your intake aswell as your lighting cooling fan. Maintaining negative pressure. Get a thermostatic switch (,on/off) for lighting fan. That'll keep humidity down while Maintaining heat. By using the heat you already have. 20.c to 27.c is the range with about 2.c different night and day. when lights are off use a heater or 2. You can buy all necessary controls. So if 20.c is all you can heat the room to even with multiple heaters, fan speed controllers and thermostatics your day time temp would have to be 22.c say. Not ideal plus no control of your VPD and such.

elduderito

elduderito

if you're at 20-21c that's fine... I've heard no lower than 17c

Adam626

Adam626

I would run a separate exhaust fan with filter larger then your intake aswell as your lighting cooling fan. Maintaining negative pressure. Get a thermostatic switch (,on/off) for lighting fan. That'll keep humidity down while Maintaining heat. By using the heat you already have. 20.c to 27.c is the range with about 2.c different night and day. when lights are off use a heater or 2. You can buy all necessary controls. So if 20.c is all you can heat the room to even with multiple heaters, fan speed controllers and thermostatics your day time temp would have to be 22.c say. Not ideal plus no control of your VPD and such.

Hey
I have a 6inch inline to cool the light qnd q separate 6inch for exhaust but I'm gonna have to but q timer switch for the exhaust cuz it keeps sucking out my humidity

Kinglouida13th

Kinglouida13th

They will grow, but slower than optimal.
get a heat mat. Or plug in a space heater.
more about keeping soil temps warm.
Won't the RED coils on a space heater act as light in the tent, and possibly hermie a plant? I don't use space heaters for that reason, all mine turn red on the inside and I'm worried it will ruin my crop, will that light not affect the plants?

Madmax

Madmax

You could use a dehumidifier over night that will reduce the moisture and let out a little heat aswell .good ones are expensive .the one i have is about 200 watts..

Nuggz420

Nuggz420

Hey
I have a 6inch inline to cool the light qnd q separate 6inch for exhaust but I'm gonna have to but q timer switch for the exhaust cuz it keeps sucking out my humidity
When all is running what R humidity you got 20s 30s? You have a humidifier I take it? Can have a humidifier to a on off switch as an when the rh drops/rises. If your running your humidifier 100% on possibility try another aswell. Another option is a fan speed controller to your exhaust and dial it down to trap more air in. Also room temp effects rh as warm air holds more moisture so if your room is cool you'll have a harder time achieving your required humidity. I would Study a vpd chart and work out what necessary controls you need to balance your room. About the red glow from a heater yes a cheap and nasty heater will run coils as it's element thst glow red. That would affect the flowering dark period and yes could induce hermies. Look for a decent one that has a heating element like a kettle they don't glow as there purpose built and emit no light. Hope that helps a little I understand its stressful but as soon as you have the that'll do mindset your setting your self up for failure keep at it you'll crack it in no time. Just remember where they grow naturally is like a tropical climate (strain specific) so aim for it too feel like that I'd you get me. Nuggz

Adam626

Adam626

When all is running what R humidity you got 20s 30s? You have a humidifier I take it? Can have a humidifier to a on off switch as an when the rh drops/rises. If your running your humidifier 100% on possibility try another aswell. Another option is a fan speed controller to your exhaust and dial it down to trap more air in. Also room temp effects rh as warm air holds more moisture so if your room is cool you'll have a harder time achieving your required humidity. I would Study a vpd chart and work out what necessary controls you need to balance your room. About the red glow from a heater yes a cheap and nasty heater will run coils as it's element thst glow red. That would affect the flowering dark period and yes could induce hermies. Look for a decent one that has a heating element like a kettle they don't glow as there purpose built and emit no light. Hope that helps a little I understand its stressful but as soon as you have the that'll do mindset your setting your self up for failure keep at it you'll crack it in no time. Just remember where they grow naturally is like a tropical climate (strain specific) so aim for it too feel like that I'd you get me. Nuggz
Hey Nuggz

My tent is in my basement temp varies from 16c to 19c. I have a humidifier in the tent right now. I dont know what type of on/off switch I would need or when it should be turned off. I do intend to buy a timer for the fan so it can be put on for 15mins out of qn hour. Qnd the exhaust fan already has a speed control on it which is set on the lowest setting.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Get an ink bird. Cheap, Amazon, works.
Plug your heater and humidifier/dehum into it.
Mr.G

B4BC0D9B 11DC 4FF6 A0D9 3F0CCD59467A
Top Bottom