Lights Out > Need air?

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

How much fresh air do my plants need during lights out? I'm assuming much less, since they aren't using energy for photosynthesis and leaf/bud growth.

Am I able to turn off my intake/exhausts during lights off, or do they still need fresh air every once in awhile? Should I just have my intake/exhaust turn on for 15 mins every hour?

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I keep mine pumping through the dark cycle. Keep it fresh in there.

M

MIway

They do switch over to respiration at night...

But the real need usually comes for the first hour immediately when the lights go off... temps drop & the RH spikes... prime time for mold germination.

I'm like cannarado... 24/7... but def exchange the air out for the first few hours bro.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
during lights off plants actually use oxygen and release co2 - but the exchange is on a much smaller scale then when the lights are on and they need co2

regardless just run it 24/7 or your inviting mold problems

bloads

bloads

Roger. Thanks for input guys, was trying to be cheap w/electricity.

hiboy

hiboy

I have my 2nd ac and fresh air input fan turn on for 15 minutes and then off for a couple hours for a boost during lights off times
hiboy

M

MIway

hiboy... you thinking the a/c pulls more water out of the air? just curious as to why the a/c at night...?

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hiboy's just too high again lol. I just started running my dehumidifier for the first hour of lights off. I set the timer to have it turn off one hour into lights off. That has taken care of the 64% RH spikes I had been experiencing during lights off, EVEN with constant ventilation.

I always ventilate during lights off. I feel the plants benefit from ample amounts of fresh air.

hiboy

hiboy

hiboy... you thinking the a/c pulls more water out of the air? just curious as to why the a/c at night...?

Always high ogonly, u know that, specially with your shitzzzz.:bongsmi:
I have the 2nd a/c and the intake fan wired to the same timer. The a/c only turns on when temps reach up to 70, otherwise its only fan mode. SO its fan mode at night with intake fan on, and if for some reason it gets hot in there them summer nights the ac will kick on. A/c's always suck out humidity, so i have a humidifier to combat that.
hiboy

Top Bottom