Likely goners but need to fix before I start over

• Thread starter Neuticles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Neuticles

Hi all! This is my first indoor grow and wow has it been a learning experience! I have had this issue with my ladies since they were around 4 weeks old (now 8 weeks old). It started out with a little canoeing, so I read about causes of canoeing and thought it could be a watering problem (which I did realize around the same time that I wasn’t letting them dry out enough). So I decreased the watering, but it got worse. Of course, then the fungus gnats came in, so I dried everyone out and put yellow cards with tanglefoot on them. I lightly misted some of the flying gnats with water mixed with about a teaspoon of dish soap in a 32oz spray bottle and that killed many of them. (Now that I’m going through everything in my head, that may have been the killer right there 😞). The problem continued to get worse and all of the plants are affected now.
The leaves are very deformed and thick and actually appear to have growths coming from the leaves themselves. I have found zero information or pictures that look like this though some broad mite pictures looked a little similar. I figure these girls are goners, but I need to figure this out before I start again. Growing outside kept me on my toes sometimes, but my hat’s off to those who have indoor growing nailed down. It is a lot to learn, but I’m determined to nail it too, eventually.

Here’s some pics and I filled out the questions from the read first post. I greatly appreciate any advice offered for this or anything in general!

Likely goners but need to fix before i start over
Likely goners but need to fix before i start over
Likely goners but need to fix before i start over 4
Likely goners but need to fix before i start over 5

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? SEED

2. How old are your plants? 8 WEEKS

3. How tall are your plants? 1’ to 2’

4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 GAL

5. What is your soil mix? POTTING SOIL AND COMPOSTED RABBIT MANURE MIXED WITH SOME NOT COMPOSTED (not fresh but not degraded yet)

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? WHEN ISSUE STARTED I WAS WATERING 2x WEEKLY PLUS A FERTILIZER DAY, NOW ONLY WHEN POTS ARE LIGHT PLUS ONE FERTILIZER DAY. I HAVE WELL WATER.

7. What is the pH of your water? 6

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? MIRACLEGRO ORGANICS 11-3-8 DILUTED TO 1 PROVIDED TEASPOON FOR ONE GALLON. ONE GALLON SPREAD BETWEEN 7 PLANTS

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? NO

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") LED 3500W TOTAL

11. How close are your lights to the plants? 4’

12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 24

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 70-73F/Humidity 45-55%

14. What is the pH of the soil? 6

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? FUNGUS GNATS

16. How much experience do you have growing? 1st INDOOR GROW

Likely goners but need to fix before i start over 2
Likely goners but need to fix before i start over 3
chemistry

chemistry

To much Nitrogen in your feed, feed not balanced. Or, the only thing I've seen do that to veg plants is Club Root, which is quite rare in cannabis plants, and normally only in outdoor plants.

N

Neuticles

You might have to take a pic of the whole plant.

Do you have bugs? Have you scoped the leaves? I have personally never seen a plant do anything like this, and I have tortured plants in many ways, so I suspect a pest.
Yeah I’ll take pics of the whole plant and see. I haven’t scoped them, but I did read about that yesterday when I was trying to see if the symptoms could be a severe infestation of something. I keep leaning toward virus, just because of damage and “mutations” I’ve seen in vegetable gardens due to viruses, but wanted to see if anyone has seen this before. I can’t find any pics of anything that even somewhat resembles this. I’m definitely getting a scope this weekend though. Thank you!

freezeland2

freezeland2

Yeah I’ll take pics of the whole plant and see. I haven’t scoped them, but I did read about that yesterday when I was trying to see if the symptoms could be a severe infestation of something. I keep leaning toward virus, just because of damage and “mutations” I’ve seen in vegetable gardens due to viruses, but wanted to see if anyone has seen this before. I can’t find any pics of anything that even somewhat resembles this. I’m definitely getting a scope this weekend though. Thank you!
Ditch that miracle gro crap next grow.

N

Neuticles

Miracle grow has got to be the worst thing on the market to feed Cannabis plants with.
Normally I would 100% agree with you, but I looked at all of the fertilizers the store had and their organic version wasn’t half bad. My outdoor bed has years of compost mixed in the dirt, plus annual leaves from the oak trees to help retain moisture and fresh rabbit litter (pee, poop, and Bermuda hay) to provide nutrients and water retention in the soil and as a top mulch. I don’t like commercial fertilizers so this is all kind of new to me. But this organic miracle grow had actual magnesium instead of aluminum and it was closer to the NPK ratio I was looking for, just needed to be diluted. I’m ordering the correct fertilizers this weekend.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
My brother uses miracle grow potting soil and miracle grow fertilizer. And grows trees. But, runs into excess nitrogen problems Late in the grow at budding time. Can’t get it through his head. Too difficult to control the nitrogen.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

1. Stop feeding it.
2. Stop spraying it.
3. What brand and kind of potting soil?
4. Read the following and water accordingly.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Just for curiosity sake I would transplant it into some happy frog or the equivalent and see what happens. You can take a look at the roots in the process and take a whiff of them.Just for the halibut.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Almost looks like a form of peach leaf curl except on pot.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Is that white fuzz in between those gnarled up leaves? Like cotton?

N

Neuticles

patience and common sense are the keys to success,with that said those are the worst and ugliest ive aseen in in my 45+years of growing,dont waste any more time(common sense) trash em and start again
Yeah I agree 100%. I’m going to bleach the room and all of the equipment, I just wasn’t sure if anyone’s ever seen this before.

N

Neuticles

Just for curiosity sake I would transplant it into some happy frog or the equivalent and see what happens. You can take a look at the roots in the process and take a whiff of them.Just for the halibut.
That is a thought. I’ll have to look into that. It’d be an interesting experiment to say the least. One of the plants is acting like it’s trying to recover. It has some normal growth rising amid the jacked up stuff. I can divide the room in half so I may quarantine a couple and mess with them. It’ll be a few weeks before I need the space.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

yes, they can recover, given better growing conditions. however, they will take a long time to fully recover, you'll be quicker with seeds or cuttings to start the next grow. if you got the space, then see how they recover.

Top Bottom