Little help needed

• Thread starter smeagol265
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smeagol265

This plant is 84 days old aurora indica fem. Can anyone maybe look at the pic and give me an idea bout when it will be ready for my ax. Lots of the leaves have began turning yellow. Thanks smeagol

20190705 172412 HDR2
the rrock

the rrock

You need to get them to swell a bit,put on some girth or they will dwindle when they dry, I grew this strain over 20 years ago and the dry buds were like golf balls you could bounce them off hard surfaces.

CNDGrow420

CNDGrow420

Yea I would say another 4-5 weeks and it depends on the crystal development, but 5 weeks and you should be good maybe sooner because those seem to be going well

S

smeagol265

You need to get them to swell a bit,put on some girth or they will dwindle when they dry, I grew this strain over 20 years ago and the dry buds were like golf balls you could bounce them off hard surfaces.
Thanks much. I have the jewellers loop ordered buy it Won't be here until bout the 9th.

S

smeagol265

IMO That's WAY to general a statement! So many variables..Stick with the trichomes and maybe watch the pistils too for accuracy!
IMO That's WAY to general a statement! So many variables..Stick with the trichomes and maybe watch the pistils too for accuracy!
I agree I'm only afraid to let these 2 girls go to far. I like some stone in my smoke but not to much. Just a little on edge.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I agree I'm only afraid to let these 2 girls go to far. I like some stone in my smoke but not to much. Just a little on edge.
From what little I can see..there is no danger at this time of going too long. The harvest window will stay open about 7 days as well, so relax!

When you get your loupe, try not to zero in on the sugars since they ripen faster than the buds..Also a staged chop can be very advantageous. Watch the general overall condition of the plant as well..there are many tell tale signs depending on strain.

S

smeagol265

From what little I can see..there is no danger at this time of going too long. The harvest window will stay open about 7 days as well, so relax!

When you get your loupe, try not to zero in on the sugars since they ripen faster than the buds..Also a staged chop can be very advantageous. Watch the general overall condition of the plant as well..there are many tell tale signs depending on strain.
View attachment 879294View attachment 879295View attachment 879296
Thank you. That's what I needed. The pic I sent was the other lady. Their are 2 of them. They popped at the same time but look much different from each other. I figure one took after mom and the other from pop. You folks are a great asset to my growing and learning. I've grown for 50 yrs outside but mi eyes are going bad so I had to bringem in and learn that way. Outside was easy. I plant 1st of May and harvest 1 day after the 1st frost.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thank you. That's what I needed. The pic I sent was the other lady. Their are 2 of them. They popped at the same time but look much different from each other. I figure one took after mom and the other from pop. You folks are a great asset to my growing and learning. I've grown for 50 yrs outside but mi eyes are going bad so I had to bringem in and learn that way. Outside was easy. I plant 1st of May and harvest 1 day after the 1st frost.
You're in good company..they're lots of us old foggies here....LMAO
My eyes suck too and I used to "grow" outdoors as well; but in those days we didn't know about cultivation..we just chucked and ran. Very different today and you will be a happy camper when you dial in.

S

smeagol265

You're in good company..they're lots of us old foggies here....LMAO
My eyes suck too and I used to "grow" outdoors as well; but in those days we didn't know about cultivation..we just chucked and ran. Very different today and you will be a happy camper when you dial in.
I agree. I'm learning but I'm slow. I tried hydro but I didn't like all the mess. 5 gal pots with cowshit and coco with Fox farm trio is my first grow but I'm always open to new ideas. Thanks much

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I agree. I'm learning but I'm slow. I tried hydro but I didn't like all the mess. 5 gal pots with cowshit and coco with Fox farm trio is my first grow but I'm always open to new ideas. Thanks much
We all pitch in here and try to help each other.
I hope your pots are the cloth pots or air pots..They grow much better plants and are almost impossible to overwater in.

My grows are mostly FF Strawberry Fields/Happy Frog for indoors, but promix HP for outdoors. (no gnats with promix)
I am in Nevada's high desert country..I grow a few outdoors mostly for fresh frozen hash and rosin..I still enjoy flower..matter of fact..it's all good..LOL

S

smeagol265

We all pitch in here and try to help each other.
I hope your pots are the cloth pots or air pots..They grow much better plants and are almost impossible to overwater in.

My grows are mostly FF Strawberry Fields/Happy Frog for indoors, but promix HP for outdoors. (no gnats with promix)
I am in Nevada's high desert country..I grow a few outdoors mostly for fresh frozen hash and rosin..I still enjoy flower..matter of fact..it's all good..LOL

View attachment 879308
My pots are hard plastic but have extra 8 Holden drilled in them. The bottom sits on expanded metal and a catch pot under them. I check my wetness 2 times a day. After a grow or 2 I will probably get better grow pots. I have to just a good amount of citric acid because my Well water has a ph of 7.5 I have a good gnat control.

Top Bottom